Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
foozwak
Apr 8, 2005

GUI posted:

Everyone should disable chromatic aberration. It's godawful in most games and ruins this one's art.

CA is the first goddamn thing I shut off whenever I can. It's an abomination. I don't mind it when it's used for temporary effects but when it's always on and that extreme it's the worst thing in the world. I can understand motion blur, I can even get film grain, but I simply do not understand why it's put in like this - "We've created this beautiful world, now let's piss in the eyes of anyone who wants to see it". Dying Light was for me totally unplayable until over a year later when they graciously allowed us to turn it off after a patch. Very glad they allow us to turn it off out of the gate with this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foozwak
Apr 8, 2005

Goddammit if I have a shotgun with a drum magazine don't make me wait until the whole thing is loaded before I can shoot again, let me fire any shells I've put in

foozwak
Apr 8, 2005

What exactly is "physical" resist? Not sure if it means less damage from melee or if it takes more damage from elemental effects.

foozwak
Apr 8, 2005

I honestly think that is actually pretty clear, I just wasn't sure if there was a difference between melee or not. I play melee centric and have them loaded with critical chance and damage gems and came across a few physical resist enemies recently and it didn't seem to do as much damage, but they were also big enemies with loads of HP, so I couldn't really be sure what was going on.

foozwak
Apr 8, 2005

limaCAT posted:

100% usual loss of karma (wtf? why?)

Why not? Adds to the challenge, which is kind of the point of things at higher difficulty. Sure it's kind of a gut punch when you get killed with a nearly full meter, but oh well, try not to get killed next time.

foozwak
Apr 8, 2005

Fucks sake it's one thing to have a special mission available, it's another thing to have it only become available about halfway through the game, and for a limited time. Just started a new game+, probably not going to get to this in time being busy with the holidays. Any idea yet on when this expires?

foozwak
Apr 8, 2005

That's real strange. It's supposed to start at the sign by the Christmas tree, right? Nothing there for me, and the release notes specifically say it opens up after "Zilla Attacks", when Zilla's men attack Dragon Mountain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foozwak
Apr 8, 2005

I aborted the mission I was on (forget the name but it's the early one where Kamiko tells you to teleport and collect some items), and no go. Maybe they expect you to finish the super early missions or something. I'll finish that one up and try again.

e) finishing that early mission allowed me to go ahead with the Christmas mission. Don't know why abandoning it didn't work, but whatever

foozwak fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Dec 30, 2016

• Locked thread