Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Everyone should disable chromatic aberration. It's godawful in most games and ruins this one's art.

I'm 10 hours in and the gameplay is still A+. The writing is noticeably worse than the first, however. Lo Wang and the dialogue loops of Wang is a manchild and an rear end in a top hat -> Someone/His womanchild companion calls him out on it or acts amused -> Wang doubles down on being an rear end in a top hat -> Repeat for every cutscene get extremely old two hours in. For the next game I hope they work on improving the story and characters instead of continuing to make it a more crude version of Borderlands.

GUI fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Oct 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Bruegels Fuckbooks posted:

I don't think anyone proofread the english text for Shadow Warrior 2, or even ran a spell-checker. Even the configuration menus had misspellings (e.g. Triple buffering...) I think I caught like 10-20 misspelled words in a single playthrough.

At least it's not missing entire text strings like the Spanish translation. :shepface:

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Just finished it. Gameplay was miles ahead of the first game, but the storyline was quite disjointed. The character motivations make sense but it really needed some time spent explaining what happened to the world between this and the first game, alongside putting more focus on the change in certain character's personalities instead of a couple throwaway lines. This could've been fixed by having those stylized comic cutscenes the first game had. The ending was just plain bad though, and the entire final act felt really rushed with Zilla himself being barely a factor in the plot until the final 20 minutes of the game, which is strange considering the release trailer. The twins appearing out of nowhere, and the final mission just being one area with Ameonna abruptly merging with Kamiko's body. And what happened to Gozu? He vanishes from the plot completely.. It wouldn't surprise me if it got DLC down the line like Hard Reset did before its console release.

It's a shame the flying enemies from the first game are gone, though. They would've fit in well with the increased verticality and improved combat.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

They improved the gore/dismemberment system, added more melee weapons and you can go through the large majority of the game using them, so yes.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

That's one way to end that quest I guess!!!

• Locked thread