Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
This is a good and cool game

Reminder: Kill all rabbits you see.

Edit: What's the pun for the Hauer?

Edit 2: Out of curiosity I looked up 'Hauer' and I got Rutger Hauer who starred in a movie called Hobo with a Shotgun, so I'm going to guess that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

never mind i'm dumb

For content's sake: I caught this in an alley

:raise:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

If you 'use' the Serious Sam machine it plays WAAAAR :rock:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Johnny Joestar posted:

i think i'm in love with the stick of doom

Thought it fired way too slow for me. Will hopefully find some fun mods for it. (Also, big misstep in not allowing the dual-wielding mod I found to work for it :mad:)

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

I'll stop the game and melt with ledge ♪♫♪

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Zagrod posted:

Did y'all find the dev room in Wang Cave?

Yup

Zereth posted:

Turns out that one of the doors you can't use in Wang's place is actually not solid and you can go down into the basement by walking through it.

Also...

InfinityComplex posted:

What I mean is that it's normally unlocked via story missions.

While I don't disagree with you, I have no clue why they would have it spawn early to begin with. Why not be in a chest, or given as part of a cutscene??

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Peddle2thaMetal posted:

So if DOOM 4 and SW2 are available at the same price, which one should I get? Have played neither but am a child of old quakes, dooms etc.

Doom 2016 is a very solid, meaty, thrilling FPS with a linear, but sturdy campaign.

SW2 is just as frenetic but it's more about jokes, loot, level ups, and doing things like side quests to unlock powers and weapons.

Both are very very good but if you're one of those people that'd rather have direction than open-ness, or have an aversion to procedurally generated areas (as I've seen many goons bitch about), then go for DooM.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Kobogartimer posted:

Even the melee weapons in this have to actually hit the mark. The shotguns aren't fun. It just looks and feels wrong and I want to have to aim when I play FPS. Not to mention that I'm pretty sure they have perfect pierce by default for some reason and just smite everything in front of you.

Of all the dozens of weapons I've picked up in this game, not a single one has a scope. This isn't a game where aiming is emphasized or cared about. That said:

Deakul posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with you?

:agreed: :yeah: :same:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

ninjahedgehog posted:

Is there an easy way to tell what kind of ammo a gun uses without trial and error? Some are pretty obvious (no poo poo a rocket launcher is going to use rockets) but some are a little more vague (does a plasma grenade launcher use grenades or plasma?) My gimmick all-future weapons build when I'm doing a Zilla City level could use some more ammo diversity.

I usually get the info from the weapon info itself. Some shotguns, for example, will have an energy or plasma symbol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Malek posted:

Unless I missed something, I get more skill points by just going straight the objective and finishing the quest asap. What upgrades are you referring to?

The first time. The only way beyond that is with Karma.

• Locked thread