Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

I had way too much free time today, and the novelty of working with anime overcame my desire to work on WS, so here's girlish number episode 2 if anyone wants it: https://rbfi.io/dl.php?key=/3BSL/GirlishNumberEpisode02.rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

esselfortium posted:

Thank you for taking the time to do this! I enjoyed your translation of the first episode.

You're welcome! Hopefully they're good this time...

Also I figured I'd put up another file without the accent for Koto, in case there's anybody who prefers not having that: https://rbfi.io/dl.php?key=/ZU6T/GirlishNumberEpisode02b.rear end
(tbh it's probably kind of cringey, so...)

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Chill la Chill posted:

Hi, I saw a meme pic of a character doing a weird nico nico nii hand gesture for this anime. Is this the right anime?

It is!

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Yeah the impression I got was that it was supposed to be quality animation but poor and unfinished character designs. Considering the one they showed was a "first look/sneak peek" kind of deal, and the key visual hadn't even been released yet, people probably just figured that will be fixed before the show really gets underway.

My guess is that using those character designs for the promotional material (by taking images from the PV directly) like Kuzu told his assistant to do is going to backfire soon.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Momoka casually picking up the bill at that cafe, despite her being the one asked out to give advice, was pretty great.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

nielsm posted:

The Japanese title is "gaarishu nanbaa", with "gaarishu" typically being "girlish", but it may as well be "garish".

Probably that.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's a pun on girlish/garish sounding the same/similar in katakana.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Phobophilia posted:

props again to zog for getting most of this down. ill buy you a drink if we ever meet up in tokyo

please thank squark for the baller typesetting&editing&etc. work! it would not look half as pretty otherwise.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Endorph posted:

I don't really see how you could parse the author scene as a flashback when the other guy is going "Ehhhh?" and there's the through-line of the nature documentary in the background connecting the scenes and placing them all at the exact same time.

There's also the "Season 2 Announced!" books on the table between the two.

Episode 6 spoiler: they finally get new outfits

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Except that sheet has episode production costs in Oct/Nov/Dec, which makes it seem like those are the projected numbers for season 2, since season one began in July and they just held the season end party for it at the end of episode 6 (meaning it's currently late Septemberish in the story?).

My current guess is that it's just showing the estimated sales for season 2, and they are abysmal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Phobophilia posted:

i want [...] koto to be a cool person

done.

• Locked thread