Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cowwan
Feb 23, 2011
Who is going to ruin any hope of the second season working out is Kuzu leaves?
He is crucial to the failure of the second season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowwan
Feb 23, 2011
I have a lot of :words: I could say about Chitose, but I'm going to leave it at: It's scary how much I can relate to Chitose and I'm not sure I'm supposed to.

Cowwan
Feb 23, 2011

CryingAthena posted:

doing so much to encourage and support her, and she's just blind to all of it. It's painful to watch.

I don't like him, it feels less like encouragement and support and more like shoving to me. Not to say Gojou was doing a great job either.

On Chitose. She feels like the result of a dysfunctional system that rewarded her lovely habits. The bit where she started aping Kazuha's previous work and everyone praised her for improving comes to mind. Kuzu-p and his continued employment is an indicator of just how broken the system is. Chitose is definitely at fault for not trying harder mind you, but it's easy to lie to yourself when you half rear end something and get told it's great. I don't think she's in a position to learn from someone else at this point. She needs to properly fail before she gets it, but I don't know if that'll happen. Kuzu-p ran everything into the ground and he they still let him back in.

Cowwan
Feb 23, 2011
It's not rewarding her in the sense that she isn't thriving, but it is rewarding her in the sense that they keep feeding her ego, especially early on. It's hard to listen to the people telling you to shape up when you're being told how talented you are by someone else, even if the first group is absolutely right. This is not healthy/normal mind you, but it is a hard pit to get out of.

Cowwan
Feb 23, 2011

CryingAthena posted:

I think the sibling dynamics were getting in the way of the previous VA-manager-relationship. The new manager at least is doing his research, offering materials that could help Chitose (as opposed to the previous "work harder" without specification on how exactly or in what area) and trying to keep up the fighting spirit. New Guy's energy obviously seems too much and overbearing after Gojou and "I'll just make snide remarks at my sister at home and frown but otherwise let her do whatever". The approaches to the managing jobs are entirely different. We also haven't seen how Gojou works with other talents: he might be a total pro badass with Nana and other talents and then slips to disappointed brother mode with Chitose.

I agree. If anything I think the two extremes not working might be the point. Chitose needs someone willing to empathize enough with her to help her on the long lovely road ahead (because getting out of your bubble of self importance SUCKS), but also willing to get on her case.

CryingAthena posted:

Kuzu-P was actually never fired, per se. He's still on the payroll and poo poo, but he's out of Towada's way and moping in the corner over his ego. So Towada gets the ball rolling and then they need to call Kuzu because "HEY, REMEMBER THAT YOU ACTUALLY WORK HERE SO YOU SHOULD DO SOMETHING FOR ONCE". Japanese work ethics of never telling your boss if they're messing up directly lead to Kuzu doing whatever he wanted while the competent folks were reduced to damage control. Within the Japanese working culture they can't get rid of Kuzu unless/until the higher-ups say he's fired, if they dare since employee loyalty (the longer you work there the less likely you'll get fired) and Kuzu having history with the company.

My thoughts were more that he deserves to be fired. If anything keeping him around is hurting him as well as everyone else because he needs the same lesson as Chitose.

CryingAthena posted:

It struck me later that when Nana and Chitose ran into those fanboys the lexicon used was definitely all idol industry. Even Chitose's behavior was called "salty" in Japanese, not to mention the support rhetoric from the fanboys. Maybe it's also standard with VA-fans and I've just missed it altogether?

I'm not going to try to defend Chitose's being cold to fans. Stuff like that is why I like her, but I feel like it is part of the whole "she is bad at her job and needs to improve" deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowwan
Feb 23, 2011

Allarion posted:

This was a good show

Yeah.

Chitose was the worst to the end, and I wouldn't have it any other way. It would be a bit of a cop out if she completely turned around.

• Locked thread