Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CryingAthena
Nov 12, 2013
poo poo-producer was named very appropriately.
And I'm glad Chitose's getting a reality check at last. That sure was a long time coming...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CryingAthena
Nov 12, 2013

Metal Ray Sunshine posted:

I am in the middle of watching the newest episode and we had to pause in the middle because, holy poo poo, the fansubs are terrible. I dunno who does the just plain white text ones, but the grammar is horrible and they keep putting in racist and lovely jokes in the subtitles.

As far as I know the white text ones are direct rips from the Crunchyroll subs, which are rushed as hell because of simulcasting and whatnot. Do correct me if I'm wrong, guys!

CryingAthena
Nov 12, 2013
To my pleasant surprise Sato Amina somehow made it on to this show! :kimchi:

And I'm so glad Chitose and Kuzu are both getting what's been coming to them all season. Now hopefully they'll actually learn their lessons!

...and there goes Chitose being an absolute spoiled brat and an rear end to her brother who's done nothing but tried to help her. Jesus. Why isn't he kicking her out already? :colbert:

CryingAthena
Nov 12, 2013
Knowing Sato Amina's career before this show made it actually hard to watch Nana go on and on about trying hard and effort being rewarded in the end. :(

Chitose only just now wondering why her brother quit voice-acting...good lord, this girl is just the most self-centered being in the show along with Trash-P. It never occurred to you to ask him? But you were still totally cool with slamming him down earlier for quitting?! And still she sees no issue with her own behavior and work ethics, instead blaming everyone around her and the system that's somehow making changing and personal growth useless and impossible. The new manager is pretty much her polar opposite in work ethics and personality, doing so much to encourage and support her, and she's just blind to all of it. It's painful to watch.

But I'll be back next week because I want to believe even trash like Chitose and Trash-P can become better people.

CryingAthena
Nov 12, 2013

Cowwan posted:

I don't like him, it feels less like encouragement and support and more like shoving to me. Not to say Gojou was doing a great job either.

On Chitose. She feels like the result of a dysfunctional system that rewarded her lovely habits. The bit where she started aping Kazuha's previous work and everyone praised her for improving comes to mind. Kuzu-p and his continued employment is an indicator of just how broken the system is. Chitose is definitely at fault for not trying harder mind you, but it's easy to lie to yourself when you half rear end something and get told it's great. I don't think she's in a position to learn from someone else at this point. She needs to properly fail before she gets it, but I don't know if that'll happen. Kuzu-p ran everything into the ground and he they still let him back in.

I think the sibling dynamics were getting in the way of the previous VA-manager-relationship. The new manager at least is doing his research, offering materials that could help Chitose (as opposed to the previous "work harder" without specification on how exactly or in what area) and trying to keep up the fighting spirit. New Guy's energy obviously seems too much and overbearing after Gojou and "I'll just make snide remarks at my sister at home and frown but otherwise let her do whatever". The approaches to the managing jobs are entirely different. We also haven't seen how Gojou works with other talents: he might be a total pro badass with Nana and other talents and then slips to disappointed brother mode with Chitose.

Kuzu-P was actually never fired, per se. He's still on the payroll and poo poo, but he's out of Towada's way and moping in the corner over his ego. So Towada gets the ball rolling and then they need to call Kuzu because "HEY, REMEMBER THAT YOU ACTUALLY WORK HERE SO YOU SHOULD DO SOMETHING FOR ONCE". Japanese work ethics of never telling your boss if they're messing up directly lead to Kuzu doing whatever he wanted while the competent folks were reduced to damage control. Within the Japanese working culture they can't get rid of Kuzu unless/until the higher-ups say he's fired, if they dare since employee loyalty (the longer you work there the less likely you'll get fired) and Kuzu having history with the company.

It struck me later that when Nana and Chitose ran into those fanboys the lexicon used was definitely all idol industry. Even Chitose's behavior was called "salty" in Japanese, not to mention the support rhetoric from the fanboys. Maybe it's also standard with VA-fans and I've just missed it altogether?

• Locked thread