Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Reaper, Hound, Warlock

Thanks for the EOU2 LP, and thanks to Dr. Fetus for showing that shitshow of a superboss.

Question, can hounds work as single healers in this game, or do you need a gnome Bronie Brownie class for that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Kemix posted:

Chickens are horrible monsters

To be fair, so are cats, yet humanity find the latter adorable.

Magda, Kaelin, Jana

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

BlackPersona posted:

The Labyrinth Squirrels seriously downgraded if they're only stealing wheat now.

I assume these are European squirrels, while the ones back in say Lagaard are American squirrels, bigger and WAY meaner than their continental cousins.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I'd say Ruler of Fire, Ice and Lightning for our resident smuglord. Call it Heaven's Emperor (or something like that), because you know he'd name it that way.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Was that an actually useful* status effect weapon? :psyduck:
*actual usefulness might vary, but it's not dead weight

It must have been an oversight, everyone knows status effect weapons in EO must have negative stats, passively buff the enemies just in case and half of them are actually Fire Emblem's devil axe.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I never understood why status effect weapons in EO are that bad. I understand dropping the stats a bit, but in a series where:
-status effect weapons can't proc off skills and player damage is anemic outside of skills
-basically all your offensive stats come from the weapon

giving them 0 (technically 1) attack is a tad overkill.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Let's see

Lanzon, because wonder necromancers twins power activate.
Raven as a Death-bringer because the Undead King has a long overdue debt, and Death has come to collect. Who knows, he may even manage to sound badass while saying that (he won't).
And I dunno, Kaelin as ruler of F I & L. Mostly for the explosions.

Sasha for the tank slot.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

vdate posted:

Guests only have terrible builds if they're not named Baldur.

It's really, really hard to screw an Imperial, all their skillset revolves around their gimmick.
A monkey on a typewriter could get you a serviceable Imperial build, as long as it hit at least one of the drive skills.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Please tell me there's a FOE squirrel.
Please tell me Atlus actually made a FOE squirrel for this game.

Because that gimmick is so spitefully :atlus: it's completely awesome in the Atlus infuriating way and it deserves another go.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

The crystal gimmick before engaging the boss was neat.
:lol: at the dragon's midlife crisis there.

:perfect:

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Glazius posted:

Well, thanks in advance, I guess? Is 30F a victory lap or even more even worse bullshit?

Frankly? I'm hoping Magda meets her patron constellation. We've already met the upgraded squirrels, I'd be disappointed if we didn't get an EO2 style dinogator.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Ragnar Homsar posted:

There was an undub patch on day one of the full release and people were arguing on the day the demo dropped, so I can very confidently say yes.

(as someone who's spent over a year immersed in the Japanese version and a translation of it I can also confidently say the US version is a good localization and has overall good voice acting)

What in Gehenna's name is an undub patch and is it as stupid as it seems?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Far less stupid than what I actually feared then.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Star Devourer? More like dirt devourer, that was simply brutal.

The ending implication is that Arken* and party traveled to our Earth right? The gigantic moon is kinda a tell. But screw Magda for proposing the Dinogator species and Arken for agreeing; the squirrels (:argh:) probably hid inside a backpack (and then made off with an Ariadne Thread on the new planet of course).

*how they localized Archon

This is probably the last Etrian game, barring maybe a third Untold. The 3ds is going to get phased out now that the Switch counts as both the home and handheld console and I don't see this series working without the main screen/map screen setup.
So long and thanks for all the maps, beautiful crazy series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Ragnar Homsar posted:

Shigeo Komori, director of every EO game besides 1 and 4, said there's one last "non-numbered" EO game coming out for the 3DS.

That's nice news, thanks.
What does "not-numbered" mean? Untold 3 or something else? Because let me tell you, I'd love to play a fixed and rebalanced 3, with maybe actually useful farmers.

I actually managed to type that last sentence with a straight face mostly straight face without giggling too hard.

unrelated: I meant to ask, where's your new avatar from?

• Locked thread