Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Without getting into spoilers, are there any absurd gamebreakers in this like the old Immunize, Revenge, or Stigmata tricks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Alexis, Magda, Lanzon

Don't be so judgmental, chickens actually make great pets :3:

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

I don't know about difficulty yet, but I'd say Golem is certainly the most creatively designed and strategically implemented of the first stratum bosses. Remember back in EO1 when the first major boss was just "big wolf with ice attacks and calls friends"? My, but we have come a long way since then.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Having been around for most of the EO LPs and seeing how often post limits get in the way, I personally can't think of any reason not to do that. Music links are dumped, updates are cut short or split in to two, and overall it feels like that would be a much cleaner way of doing things. Might run in to issues when it comes time to Archive, but I have no idea how that specifically is done so I cant say for certain. I say go for it.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

werbear posted:

Maybe that means they don't want to kill us this time...

Alternatively, hopefully this ends with both of them alive this time.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

I believe bisque is made by grinding fish and shellfish bones into paste, and then using it to thicken a cream base for a soup. So the idea isn't without precedent, assuming these fish are just straight skeleton.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Ragnar Homsar: Representing a waifu so good, the game doesn't let you romance him.

Also I love every part of how spiteful this squirrel poo poo is. I normally hate memes, but this one is absurd enough even I have to smile.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Do you think the LP will be done by the time it's released?

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Is it just me, or does Jaryu look similar to the final boss of EO2U? Like, giant mecha humanoid with huge nonsense wings but evil colored.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

vdate posted:

Even in postgame, Genetta never disappoints.

Four Swords Jana, Combo Boxer Cecil, Gunpowder Dragoon Sasha, Hexa-Master Kaelin.

Seconded

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Name: Calum

Class: Highlander, first portrait

Calum is a young traveling mercenary that's always looking for a good fight. He's strong, independent, easily excited, and revels in the wonderful glory of battle! A true fight is one where both sides are brought to their absolute limit, and he revels in his...unorthodox moveset. Really, who doesn't love a good fight to the death? He's spent most of his life on the road, killing things, or getting paid to kill things. But as his skills have increased, he's become increasingly bored of his nomadic lifestyle. Having never really had a place to call home, he jumped at the chance to explore the Labyrinth of Etria when he heard about. Surely, this would be the place where he could truly put his spear to the test! He might even get lucky and die an honorable death in battle amidst bloodstained trees and fiery ruins after dealing the deathblow to a horrible god-dragon! Such are the daydreams that occupy him as he rides the slow carriage to the city. Of course, he's never been to a city before. Or really been around so many people. Come to think of it, he's never really worked in a team of five before? Or much of a team at all really.

Eh, I'm sure a life of solitude and battle hasn't stunted his social skills that much.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

May as well give it another go as well.

Name: Eren
Class: Dark Hunter
Appearance: Portrait 3, male with white hair, no changes

A charming, elegant young man whose taken to adventuring purely as a way to pass the time and pay the bills. He loves the rush of combat, fighting alongside his companions, and elegantly destroying all who oppose him. He is kind, well-mannered, but a bit haughty at times. He has a flowery way of speaking. He fancies himself a gentleman, though in truth he has no pedigree or title of any kind. His family owns a small shop in town that sells pottery, but who cares about that? Elegance comes form practice, not pedigree! And so he tries to be elegant and dramatic in all things he does, believing it is the attitude you take to life that decides your fate. His hobbies include gardening, sewing, and pottery. He chose the whip is a beautiful weapon, and often misunderstood. Its fast and elegant in nature, creating beautiful flashes of color on the battle field! Battles with him are a dance, a vibrant display of otherworldly grace!

Unfortunately, the last party he was with didn't see eye to eye with him and grew tired of his "artistry" and he eventually split form them. They refused to admit to the elegance of his shackles and gags, and seemed to take a crude joy in putting a dirty spin on things! He creates art on the battlefield, but they sully his name by making jokes about "shackles" and "gags"! There's nothing dirty about tying up one's enemy, leaving them helpless and begging for mercy! He tried explaining his woes to his boyfriend, but he just started blushing for some reason! Does nobody but him understand? The powers of a Dark Hunter are beautiful, and he will not stop until he's proven how elegant his Ecstasy is to the world!

"Prepare yourselves, for with the Shackles and Gag in place you helpless! I shall not relent, until I've wrung every last bit of energy from your weary body, and stand triumphant! Witness the true majesty of my Ecstasy!"

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Your suffering is appreciated Ragnar. This is going to be magical. :allears:

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

So has the Etrian Odyssey V: Dub vs Sub War begun yet?

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Ragnar Homsar posted:

There was an undub patch on day one of the full release and people were arguing on the day the demo dropped, so I can very confidently say yes.

(as someone who's spent over a year immersed in the Japanese version and a translation of it I can also confidently say the US version is a good localization and has overall good voice acting)

Dammit, I was just joking!

But yes, the dub does seem really good so far. And beyond that, I'm just happy to finally be playing it myself.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Seconding that. Just having a very open, honest guide to classes and skills is great. EO has always been really bad about making your skill investments clear, so having such a clearcut guide was super helpful. And the LP itself was fantastic.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Well, I can never not see this thing as Lumpy Space Princess's edgy OC self-insert. I'd say "thanks for ruining that" but its been pointed out before that the bosses in this series can be a bit overdesigned, so eh. Still, this thing is better than whatever Ur-Devil was supposed to be. Probably makes a better fight too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

I don't remember where I saw it, but I believe they said they'd be moving the series to the Switch after the non-numbered game. I don't know how they'd keep the map making aspect, but considering the effort and innovation from this game, I doubt they're ready to drop the series anytime soon.

• Locked thread