Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

I hate damage tiles.

But damage tiles > getting caught by F.O.Es.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Oh but that also means no dinogator or it's pallete swap this time?

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

The third stratum of EO2U blocked your progress if you travelled while the F.O.Es were asleep. I guess in that case they aren't giving you an option at all. Then the largebills and gigapedes of EO3 only showed up at day / night.

I'm looking forward to seeing the other F.O.Es of the stratum.

A little.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Efe posted:

I'm getting a real Castlevania-like vibe from some of these monsters, and not just the skeletons. I'm liking this stratum more and more.

It's been a while since I played EO2U, but if I'm not mistaken, those FOEs would block some paths by sleeping, but others would be blocking paths while awake, so the end effect was changing which path you took across the floor, not preventing progress altogether.

Actually, there is a mission you need to complete before you can move on, on the same floor where these nocturnal F.O.Es are, and you can only complete the mission at night, because the item you need to find is only found at night.

So no choice. For that part, at least.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

It's fine with me.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

I think it looks fine.

I was on my phone though.

Ragnar Homsar posted:

this'll 100% get peoples' attention

It will 100% get the job done.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Looks really nice. I like it.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Yaaaaay! Update! Update! :toot:

Also Smugfried. Rude. I wonder if character development will ever kick in?

The Beat's voice part was gold. Getting in F.O.E fight underleved not so much.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Updaaaaaates!

I like the characters. They are slowly becoming a proper team in spirit.

Even our warlork is improving. A little.

Also, do we have any jump scares via F.O.Es in this stratum? Like the scorpion F.O.Es in the 2nd stratum of EOU, who jumped out of the ground?

Doesn't this look like the perfect stratum to have stuff like that?

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Efe posted:

Sometimes I just throw them on support classes that wouldn't be using their regular attacks anyway, so on turns where they're not buffing or healing or whatever and I don't have another ailment I'm trying to land, I can bet on the RNG. Situational, without a doubt, but I'm stubborn and don't like spending TP outside of bosses/FOEs.

I do this too... except my supporters never have a free turn because either the battle ends too quickly or I've given them too many jobs.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Clarste posted:

I can't remember if Ragnar made this clear, but the latest recipe involves cooking Skeletal Fish that we found swimming around in the labyrinth. That always amuses me.

It's not really a swimming fish skeleton, is it?

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

...video game logic, I guess.

Sounds... delicious... no, not really.

Fish bone turned into actual food.

Actually that just sounds painful. I love fish, but fish bones are the most hated part of it.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Raven, Ragnar's choice x3

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Dr. Fetus posted:

It's nearly impossible for him to screw up his build, since he maxed out every single skill possible and then some.

Talk about being OP. Hmph. Show off.

Iwantthoseskills. I always want the skills.

But whatever, I guess he needs something to back himself up being the prince of the imperials.

Also, yay for npc guest fights. I like them a lot.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

By the way, I'm pleased the 3rd stratum had a haunted ghost lady trying to poison you event, even if it was a failed sense mana check.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Updaaaate yay! :toot:

Don't you just love it when you land a low % ailment?

I really like listening to the character banter. It just adds so much life to your otherwise cardboard characters, who just rely on your imagination to give them a personality.

Also, what was with that 4th stratum entrance? It isn't even connected to the boss room. That is so... evil.

Then people would be like, "where is entrance to 4th stratum" if they haven't marked in the shortcuts on their map. And even if they did, normally you would think that kind of shortcut is you know, a secret area or something.

Also, the Yu-Gi-Oh part about summoning the boss along with its description was very appropriate. Of course mirror force solves all problems.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

It's clearly, the super resurrection bomb! Strong enough to wake even the dead.

But considering there are skeletons and undead in this game, is that even a good thing?

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

When you were getting the explorers guild new floor dialogue, the portrait picture is of the bartender instead of Edgar.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Clarste posted:

I liked it. It's simple and makes you think about what you're doing. I suppose this wasn't exactly as clear as it could've been, but each swing of the pickaxe takes time, like taking a step. So you have to to care not to get cornered.

Actually it was pretty clear because of those F.O.E fights Ragnar kept getting into.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Is Gram secretly accompanying the exploration party?

She has lines... she comments on Kaelin's character development and a little after that.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

This worm that can be insta-killed, is it the source of the 9999HP ghosts that cause 9999 damage?

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

It's the squirrels!

And we've seen fire and volt squirrels, so does that mean an evil ice squirrel exists?

Squirrels are evil. Evil.

Deny it pets forever.

Also, Futaba is a really great character. I was a member of the lonely hearts club though :P

Blademaster_Aio fucked around with this message at 02:04 on May 7, 2017

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Do chains have a 100% follow up? Is it possible to get unlucky with follow ups?

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

So monsters actually chase you through teleporters?

The F.O.Es are improving their tactics.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Of course, in a game with different races there just has to be some form of racism, you know.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Cecil, Raven, Kaelin, Madga

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

That was nice. I like Madga's voice.

I'm actually happy that I watched the video, this was great, simply for Madga's voice.

Also, a space EO stratum!

Niiiice.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

I'm just going to use every class I can.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

That's an interesting gimmick.

Reminds me of the 2nd stratum in EO4, except on a much proper scale.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Clarste posted:

That's not the gimmick. That's just a weird quirk. The gimmick is way better.

I'm looking forward to seeing it then.

By the way, I still haven't gotten the handle on the plot? I guess plot happened in the 3rd stratum, but the 5th stratum boss has always been plot important in some way, in every EO game before, being the final boss and all. The 4th and 5th stratum is also where the plot usually kicks into high gear, but it hasn't happened yet? Or maybe it has and died down, like 3rd stratum.

I mean, finding space biodome is a pretty great thing, but then again, making any discovery is pretty great thing.

Blademaster_Aio fucked around with this message at 08:34 on May 27, 2017

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

I dislike the scent of coriander. It's so strong. I know a lot of people like it, and it's one of those herbs prized for its smell, but I really don't like it.

Also that evil squirrel is back, deny it pets! Of all the things to bring back it was the evil squirrel!

...wait, we've been fighting squirrels for quite a while now. ...uhh... but still! This one was eviler than all those other evils.

So the gimmick is zero gravity travel. Well, it is space gotta have gravity stuff, right.

I'm also seriously curious about the space bio ring.

The appearances of the stratum especially the ones with advanced structures always make me curious. Who made them, why, how did they get this way.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

...to be honest, carrying someone is really hard work. It's really hard.

You get tired so quickly, and your arms start to hurt.

:(

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Clarste posted:

Are you a level 60 adventurer? I think you aren't.

Wow, rude.

...I'm probably a level 1 villager or something.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Glazius posted:

So how do you get up to 5 levels of Flame Sword Chaos Blade? Some class ability that doubles the bonus from one sword?

Don't you just upgrade it? Your weapon, I mean.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Ragnar Homsar posted:

Yeah, they published everything today. I get the feeling they were planning on revealing this stuff all around E3 time, but some careless marketing staffer's mistake forced their hand.

It took them about 4 hours to plug the leaks last night, from 8 PM to 12 AM western. I get the feeling they were scrambilng to find someone who could fix that immediately towards the end. :v:

That's what they get for their evil, evil radio silence.

Well, whatever. Yay!

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

The ending was best part.

And now we've seen zero gravity.

I am seriously interested in the 6th stratum. What would you even have above a space station?

Oh but before that, I am very interested in the 5th stratum boss. And the backstory.

They say "you're reaching the end" - lies. The post game opens up a huge number of bosses.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

juicedup posted:

I REALLY liked the part when Archon asks for your party's names, and how she repeats them one by one.

I was laughing, especially at Raven the Edgelord and Gram the Captain Falcon.

This was too good.

Artificer posted:

I did not see Sasha and Iseria coming at all.

I did not see it either.

As always, the F.O.Es are evil. Very evil.

And ants are evil too. They were always evil.

The bugs in this series hurt waaaay to much for being, you know, a bunch of insects.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Raven (death warding), Mio (Wrath), Cecil, Kaelin

Normal

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

We reached the end!

The first end.

Where is the secret link? Is there a secret link in the other updates? What are these secret links???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Ragnar Homsar posted:

Secret links have generally been one character-long links in punctuation in the past, and in this update it's hidden behind a specific character portrait after the night dialogue starts.

Ohhhhh

It is good

It is very good

So this means these links are in the other updates too? I am gonna go look for them.

• Locked thread