Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Dinner
This poll is closed.
Pastrami on Rye 8 33.33%
Fettuchini Alfredo 16 66.67%
Total: 24 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Piso Mojado

What should i cook for dinner on Friday night? You decide!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

posting smiling
pasta life

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
that's a sophie's choice of options...

Piso Mojado

Luvcow posted:

that's a sophie's choice of options...

maybe even harder tbh..

City of Glompton

how about pastrami on rye on fettuccine alfredo?

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Piso Mojado

[weeping, as a nazi nudges my back with a gun] "Dont...don't make me choose..."

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
hitler waits eagerly in the corner, ready to devour the dish not chosen

MrWillsauce

that monster

Manifisto

wrote in spinach quiche, the gary johnson of meals

By popular demand

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Little does hungry hitler knows, I had poisoned both dishes. :smug:

FactsAreUseless

Do the alfredo, but don't put it on fettuccine. Fettuccine is for chumps. Put it on gnocchi.

My alfredo has chicken, broccoli, zucchini (steamed ahead of time so it doesn't water down the sauce as it cooks), and bell pepper, and is served over gnocchi.

Piso Mojado

FactsAreUseless posted:

Do the alfredo, but don't put it on fettuccine. Fettuccine is for chumps. Put it on gnocchi.

My alfredo has chicken, broccoli, zucchini (steamed ahead of time so it doesn't water down the sauce as it cooks), and bell pepper, and is served over gnocchi.

hmm. I have everything for each of these meals but the fettuccine. maybe I'll pick up some gnocci thanks

FactsAreUseless

Piso Mojado posted:

hmm. I have everything for each of these meals but the fettuccine. maybe I'll pick up some gnocci thanks
Do it.

Robot Made of Meat

FactsAreUseless posted:

Fettuccine Alfredo is just noodles, butter, and cheese. There's no sauce to cook, and any additions are abominations before Alfredo.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Im Ready for DEATH

friday night is order out night, imo

FluffieDuckie

piso are you cooking for a girl? if so do fau's thing

also we need a trip report including pictures (of the food, not the girl)

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

FactsAreUseless

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Fettuccine Alfredo is just noodles, butter, and cheese. There's no sauce to cook, and any additions are abominations before Alfredo.
Gross. That's gross. Your recipe is weak!

FactsAreUseless

FluffieDuckula posted:

piso are you cooking for a girl? if so do fau's thing
There are two things girls love: Netflix and gnocchi.

the unabonger
Make somw nachos

By popular demand

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Nau mang, if you got a lady coming you should break out the artisan ravioli.
And a nice white wine.

Piso Mojado

FactsAreUseless posted:

Gross. That's gross. Your recipe is weak!

for real. the onion, garlic, and mushrooms must be of the highest quality and prepared correctly. also the cream sauce I make is a old world family recipe and is a huge, albeit delicious, pain in the rear end to make.

FactsAreUseless

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Seems redundant, you'll already be stuffing a delicate shell with spiced meat.

FactsAreUseless

Piso Mojado posted:

for real. the onion, garlic, and mushrooms must be of the highest quality and prepared correctly. also the cream sauce I make is a old world family recipe and is a huge, albeit delicious, pain in the rear end to make.
Use scallions instead of onion for the more intense flavor. Or a scallion and a smaller onion, if you still want onion.

City of Glompton

Robot Made of Meat posted:

LizWiz fettuccine alfredo?

Piso Mojado

And a nice white wine.

I actually have some artisan ravioli on hand, but I'm saving those to make st. Louis style toasted rav.

also white wine is for peasants. spare me your "pairings", I have a delicious and seductive Piattelli malbec ready as well is an after dinner Port

Piso Mojado

FactsAreUseless posted:

Use scallions instead of onion for the more intense flavor. Or a scallion and a smaller onion, if you still want onion.

woah, good idea. if pasta wins, then I will do this.

By popular demand

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

FactsAreUseless posted:

Seems redundant, you'll already be stuffing a delicate shell with spiced meat.

The stuffing will only leave her hungry for more.
And that's when you lay some beautiful cannelloni in front of her and drizzle it with truffle oil and real Italian parmesan.

FactsAreUseless

Piso Mojado posted:

woah, good idea. if pasta wins, then I will do this.
Scallions are amazing. I use them all the time now. Caramelize them, mix them with white wine, chicken broth, a little sour cream and serve them over pan-fried chicken breast.

FluffieDuckie

The stuffing will only leave her hungry for more.

:laugh:

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

vanisher

Pastrami is the most seductive of all the smoked meats, although I learned a thing or two about making a nice gnocchi

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Elusif

Dinner [ROLL]

Android Blues

Luvcow posted:

hitler waits eagerly in the corner, ready to devour the dish not chosen

By popular demand

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

We're all goons here, there'll be nothing left for Hitler.

Jerry Mumphrey

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

have some fettucinni alfredo or as i call it, noo noo griffin

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

social vegan

FactsAreUseless posted:

There are two things girls love: Netflix and gnocchi.

hi i like your face could i interest you in some gnocchi and lay on the couch

joke_explainer

I don't know why everyone is giving Robot Made of Meat a hard time. Fettuccini alfredo is just noodles, butter, and cheese is exactly right.

From wikipedia: "Fettucini alfredo or fettuccine al burro is a pasta dish made from fettuccine tossed with Parmesan cheese and butter."

Parmesan melts with the heated noodles and butter as you toss it to make a creamy sauce. The direct ancestor is Fettuccine alla romana, made by just noodles and parmesan cheese.

The original goes back to at least the 15th century in a cookbook, though it was just a little butter and parmesan, not as much butter as the modern version.

The modern version comes from Alfredo Di Lelio who, at his trattoria in 1914, produced 'fettuccini al triplo burro' or 'fettuccini triple butter'. That would eventually turn into just Fettuccini Alfredo for the cook himself.

If you're imagining it as like mac and cheese you're way off. Anything with cream, eggs, or starch is a bastardization of the original recipe. It could probably still be delicious, but there's something amazingly good about just the freshly melted butter/parmesan or butter/romano sauce, especially with strong fresh ground black pepper, some lemon, etc. Make sure you have really good quality parmigiano reggiano and I recommend a microplane grater, do not in any circumstance use pre-grated parmesan.

joke_explainer

FactsAreUseless posted:

We talking potato gnocchi or ricotta gnocchi?

FactsAreUseless

joke_explainer posted:

We talking potato gnocchi or ricotta gnocchi?
I use potato, but I think it's a matter of taste. I would imagine ricotta would be a little much with the cream/cheese sauce, but I also am not that into cheese. I generally make my alfredo creamier and less heavy on the parmesan and romano, and I don't like cheese gnocchi or cheese-filled pastas at all.

City of Glompton

joke_explainer posted:

I don't know why everyone is giving Robot Made of Meat a hard time. Fettuccini alfredo is just noodles, butter, and cheese is exactly right.

From wikipedia: "Fettucini alfredo or fettuccine al burro is a pasta dish made from fettuccine tossed with Parmesan cheese and butter."

Parmesan melts with the heated noodles and butter as you toss it to make a creamy sauce. The direct ancestor is Fettuccine alla romana, made by just noodles and parmesan cheese.

The original goes back to at least the 15th century in a cookbook, though it was just a little butter and parmesan, not as much butter as the modern version.

The modern version comes from Alfredo Di Lelio who, at his trattoria in 1914, produced 'fettuccini al triplo burro' or 'fettuccini triple butter'. That would eventually turn into just Fettuccini Alfredo for the cook himself.

If you're imagining it as like mac and cheese you're way off. Anything with cream, eggs, or starch is a bastardization of the original recipe. It could probably still be delicious, but there's something amazingly good about just the freshly melted butter/parmesan or butter/romano sauce, especially with strong fresh ground black pepper, some lemon, etc. Make sure you have really good quality parmigiano reggiano and I recommend a microplane grater, do not in any circumstance use pre-grated parmesan.

I just wanted to make a salmon soup reference :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

joke_explainer posted:

do not in any circumstance use pre-grated parmesan.

words to live by.

• Locked thread