Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i just realized: i have never seen the movie robocop 1 in its entirety. i am pretty sure i've seen one of the sequels (second one maybe) but not the first one. i have seen some parts of it, like on TV ie. edited-for-cable version, but not even that in its entirety.

how hosed am i

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You should watch it start to finish sometime, it's a good movie!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
this is all you need to see
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx2GuZMfNp8

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I once knew someone who had never seen any Star Wars films, but she was kind of hot so it was OK. If you're a male/female of above average attractiveness you should be fine OP.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Kuato posted:

I once knew someone who had never seen any Star Wars films, but she was kind of hot so it was OK.

you know my wife ???

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Same, but only because robocop I makes me so drat horny. :chanpop:

DNE
Nov 24, 2007
When I was a teen I once admitted I had never seen Robocop at a house party and like
this big burly metal-head dude, leather jacket, denim, etc, swivels and looks at me: "You've never seen robocop? What do you even do?"
I stammered out: "Wh...what do you normally do when you aren't watching Robocop?"
"I loving watch Robocop."

anyway I got owned pretty bad

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Kuato posted:

I once knew someone who had never seen any Star Wars films, but she was kind of hot so it was OK. If you're a male/female of above average attractiveness you should be fine OP.

I remember one time a few years ago they were showing all the star wars movies in a row on Spike TV and I had it on that channel all day and felt like my brain was melting

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

DNE posted:

When I was a teen I once admitted I had never seen Robocop at a house party and like
this big burly metal-head dude, leather jacket, denim, etc, swivels and looks at me: "You've never seen robocop? What do you even do?"
I stammered out: "Wh...what do you normally do when you aren't watching Robocop?"
"I loving watch Robocop."

anyway I got owned pretty bad

you got owned so hard i feel owned by extension even though i was smart enough to admit it to strangers on an internet forum

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

CJacobs posted:

I remember one time a few years ago they were showing all the star wars movies in a row on Spike TV and I had it on that channel all day and felt like my brain was melting

this except it was one of the best days in recent memory :confused:

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
I haven't either, but Robocop 1 is nonetheless my favorite movie, and I wouldn't want to dilute its perfection with the impurities of reality

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
You gotta watch it for the shotgun scene.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I doubt they showed this on a cable version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z38tZPxDekw

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i am making arrangements to watch it asap but i am stranded between terribad wi-fi networks at the moment so it might be a few days before i can find the means

Slowpoke
Jul 7, 2007

Also, someone drew a sweet Slowpoke that I wanted to buy for an av but lost the image. I think the thread was people drawing Pokemon? I guess? I don't know. If someone could help find it I would love to buy it. Thanks.

CJacobs posted:

You should watch it start to finish sometime, it's a good movie!

This is correct. If it was good enough for me to see at a really young age it is good enough for you! Also, gently caress that guy. You experience Robocop, not live it. Unless you are Alex Murphy.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
The director of Robocop came out and said that Robocop was basically Jesus lol

Still a cool film though

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I've never seen Robocop 2, is it worth watching?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
the good news is that there is a way to not have to kill yourself and that way is to watch robocop

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month
I haven't seen the Empire Strikes Back or Return of the Jedi, there, I said it.

At this point I know the plot and have seen most of the important scenes, so it's kind of a moot point.

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax
If you had put it on after posting this thread you would already be partly into a very enjoyable experience and my favorite movie. All of you, its 4 dollars. Just loving watch it, its great https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000RLFBP6

Also this is a good time to mention a bunch of Phil Tippet poo poo is on auction right now on some props website and you all should paypal me money to win some Robocop crew t shirt auctions in return for my making your life better by telling you to stop whatever retarded poo poo you are doing and give the internet 4 bucks to see robocop. or pirate it, im not the fcc, atf, fbi... seeing it is more important than how you see it. I saw it on vhs at my neighbors house cause his mom let us watch a new movie she had rented, changed my 8 year old life

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
i havent seen any robocop or ghostbusters

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Dr. Lariat posted:

If you had put it on after posting this thread you would already be partly into a very enjoyable experience and my favorite movie. All of you, its 4 dollars. Just loving watch it, its great https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000RLFBP6

Also this is a good time to mention a bunch of Phil Tippet poo poo is on auction right now on some props website and you all should paypal me money to win some Robocop crew t shirt auctions in return for my making your life better by telling you to stop whatever retarded poo poo you are doing and give the internet 4 bucks to see robocop. or pirate it, im not the fcc, atf, fbi... seeing it is more important than how you see it. I saw it on vhs at my neighbors house cause his mom let us watch a new movie she had rented, changed my 8 year old life

i wanted to but my internet is too lovely to stream anything im gonna watch it when i get home and bump this thread a bunch :patriot:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

If everyone watched Robocop we could be the change we needed in the world.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Rush Limbo posted:

The director of Robocop came out and said that Robocop was basically Jesus lol

Still a cool film though

Math majors, amirite?

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx
all of the television segments in this movie were intended to be satire. you might not notice this if you're used to the tv of 2016

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I thought Robocop was a real life documentary like COPS except in an alternate reality where Detroit is only a huge shithole

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
if you blink a lot there's probably a lot of parts of movies you've never seen

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Robocop is an All-American classic. I don't understand why you hate America.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
It's not super great but it's campy and fun if you like those types of movies.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Whine and Roses posted:

Robocop is an All-American classic. I don't understand why you hate America.

Paul Verhoeven is Dutch

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

thathonkey posted:

i just realized: i have never seen the movie robocop 1 in its entirety. i am pretty sure i've seen one of the sequels (second one maybe) but not the first one. i have seen some parts of it, like on TV ie. edited-for-cable version, but not even that in its entirety.

how hosed am i

As your lawfully and legally assigned posting buddy I recommend that you watch it, post haste.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Hmm... Tastes like baby food!
I'd buy that for a dollar!
Bitches, leave!
Can you fly, Bobby?
Wow, can you do that, dad?
Murphy!
Your move, creep!

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
OP, I'm very dissapointed.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

super sweet best pal posted:

I've never seen Robocop 2, is it worth watching?

How do you feel about a chaingun death mech with a cult leader drug lord's brain? Yeah watch it.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Paul Verhoeven is Dutch
and he was depicting what he saw in america
and nailed it

Feminasty Slut posted:

How do you feel about a chaingun death mech with a cult leader drug lord's brain? Yeah watch it.
drug addict, not drug lord

Risky
May 18, 2003

Hatebag posted:

Bitches, leave!
Can you fly, Bobby?
Murphy!
Your move, creep!

Your company built the freaky thing and now I GOTTA DEAL WITH IT?

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

gary oldmans diary posted:

and he was depicting what he saw in america
and nailed it
drug addict, not drug lord

I thought he was both addict and lord. Sorry.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
Come on, Sal! The Tigers are playing to-night!
I never miss a game.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Hatebag posted:

Bitches, leave!
Can you fly, Bobby?
Murphy!
Your move, creep!

Kane! Lets step outside. (robocop 2 is good and cool as far as sequals go)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
That's life in the big city.

• Locked thread