Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

EvilHawk posted:

Herrera just said "this is the way we have to play big matches" - surely United fans can't be happy with that?

Mourinho in a big game away from home? What did you expect exactly? Anyone with half a brain saw this coming before LVG was even out of the door, it would be pretty loving stupid to complain now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

EvilHawk posted:

It was exactly what I expected - but United fans here and elsewhere proclaimed the era of boring football over when LVG was sacked and Mou came in. Instead he's done exactly what annoyed everyone at Chelsea. You're supposed to play the "United Way", but he's just as bad as the last guy.

I don't think there's anything wrong with either side getting a draw in that game, my point was more that Herrara suggested that is going to become the norm for United in big games. I don't know how United fans will adjust to essentially becoming the underdog for those matches.

I don't know who you're thinking of when you talk about United fans but pretty much all the ones I can name here had reservations about Mourinho. And I'm pretty sure most of us would happily take 0-0 away at Anfield when Liverpool are in good form any time. Especially if it brings out the "only one side was trying to play football" tears.

• Locked thread