Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Regy Rusty posted:

My own nemesis this season seems to be Tapped That rear end

Right! It's the UTI of this season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I just realized I didn't link the full version of Devil Winds in the rounds posts, like a freakin rookie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4qvpHZzZGI&t=30s

tee hee hee heee~ee

LITERALLY A BIRD fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Feb 19, 2017

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Escobarbarian posted:

who are these idiots who keep voting for research me obsessively

People with good taste who want a good song to succeed.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Research Me Obsessively was probably one of the few songs in Crazy Ex-Girlfriend that made me bored. It just made me want to check social media instead of concentrating on the song.

On the OTHER hand, I'm one of those people that loved Tapped That rear end. I appreciate a good tap number. And "Back pati-oooooooo."

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Oh hey, sorry for the double post, but it's Saturday night again. So here we go!

:siren: ROUND 3: FIGHT! :siren:

Rebecca's love for Josh squares up against Greg's love for liquor:
Love Kernels vs Greg's Drinking Song

Polterguys versus girls:
We Tapped That rear end vs Friendtopia

Brittany Snow takes on Tovah Feldshuh and Patti LuPone (which, frankly, seems bad for Brittany):
Research Me Obsessively vs Remember That We Suffered

And the Devil Winds hope to blow past Rebecca's Medley to the semis.
Devil Winds vs Medley (Rebecca's Reprise)

edit because I didn't link the full version of Devil Winds!

someone give me the link to vote cos it isn't anywhere in this post lol

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Yeah I had to go back two pages and find it on the old post. Here.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

LITERALLY THE WORST

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Devil Winds needs to die also I think Tapped That rear end is my favourite of the ones left sorry Emmy

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm happy Devil Winds is putting in such a strong showing :)

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I loved Research Me, because I know people/am someone who's totally done that kind of creepy poo poo.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Tapped that rear end should win every round because it's the second best song

it should not have won that first round because poo poo show is the best song

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Tapped That rear end is a real number two alright

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Hey the only thing about Tapped That rear end that involves the back pati-OHH! is the lyrics okay

Pigasus
Dec 26, 2009

Too fat to wear pink.

Friendtopia and Love Kernels are way better than those Greg songs! This thread really loves Greg more than I do.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I do love me some Greg

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I think we can all agree that the winds has the greatest cheeky smile in the world.

e: I am the biggest Greg fan but his drinking song isn't nearly good as Love Kernels but you loving voted out poo poo Show and Hey There last time oh my actual god

cmon the wiiiiIIIIIInds

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Feb 20, 2017

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Is there no compiled soundtrack for season two, like there were two volumes of season one? There's soundtracks published episode by episode, but that's really expensive if you want to buy all of the songs of season two. I supposed they have to monetize the show as much as possible but I'm more inclined to not buy the music at all if you have to do it this way.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I've been waiting for it too but no announcement at all whereas the first season's second volume was released with the season finale. It costs them nothing to put it on something like iTunes especially when they already have individual songs up. Kind of mad that the first seasons albums came in explicit and non-explicit versions because I mistakenly bought the non-explicit version of Volume II by mistake.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
If Greg's Drinking Song, The WiIiIiIiInds and Tapped That rear end beat out their opponents, we won't have a single Rebecca song on the top 4.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Senerio posted:

If Greg's Drinking Song, The WiIiIiIiInds and Tapped That rear end beat out their opponents, we won't have a single Rebecca song on the top 4.

That's ironic and sad, but I didn't want Greg's Drinking Song. If we absolutely needed a Greg song, "It Was a poo poo Show" should've been there instead of the other two.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
poo poo show and tapped that rear end were the BEST this season. Other songs were trying waaaay too hard to be quirky or reference music that I don't listen to/care for (or both- fuuuuck you love triangles) but those two were awesome and can be appreciated without the show as context

I love how emotional and honest Gregs songs are. He kills it even with mediocre material

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

This round ends tonight but Tapped That rear end and Friendtopia are tied with 17 votes apiece :ohdear:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Friendtopia is the light, friends.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

:wrong:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

official smiley of the cxgf top song competition

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

EmmyOk posted:

Friendtopia be with you

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

:pray:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Sorry, Friendtopians... I left the poll open an extra night and the goons came through. The final numbers for this round were --

Greg's Drinking Song: 23
Love Kernels: 14

We Tapped That rear end: 19
Friendtopia: 18

Remember That We Suffered: 26
Research Me Obsessively: 11

Devil Winds: 24
Rebecca's Medley: 13

So it's time to buckle up: We're in the semis!

LITERALLY A BIRD fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Feb 26, 2017

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

:siren: THE SEASON 2 SINGOFF SHOWDOWN: The Semifinals! :siren:

Rebecca? Where we're going we don't need Rebecca, apparently. Greg has effortlessly secured himself a spot in the top two (RIP Greg), and now the Devil Winds are blowing in Scarsdale.

Greg's Drinking Song vs We Tapped That rear end
Greg does it all: pukes on cats, has sex with bushes, and tapdances like a master (in Rebecca's head anyway). Whomever wins, we win too, really, because it's Greg. Ready -- fight!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqOU6oY5-Ro https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilztSh5Cr2E

Remember That We Suffered vs the Devil Winds
Honestly I wasn't sure Devil Winds would even pass round one, but it did, and I couldn't be happier! Now that they've taken out Rebecca herself, it's time to rock her family like a hurricane:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chyUpmnKimU https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4qvpHZzZGI&t=30s

:sax: VOTE HERE! :sax:

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

If it loses, we need the gif of the WiiiIIIiiinds singing, "You ruined everything, you stupid bitch."

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I still don't get the appeal of Greg's Drinking Song. I'm glad the two Greg songs got pit against each other though.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Yeah can't figure out why goons love the emotionally stunted alcoholic so much. Doesn't make any sense to me. Can't understand it.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Greg is great but his best song was knocked out in round one.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

FactsAreUseless posted:

Yeah can't figure out why goons love the emotionally stunted alcoholic so much. Doesn't make any sense to me. Can't understand it.

Yeah "I Could If I Wanted To" is still my favorite song of the series. My only problem with Greg is that he actively tried to change his life for the better.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

srsly u punks

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

EmmyOk posted:

srsly u punks

You apparently keep voting for Devil Winds, so no sympathy from me.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Devil Wins

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

EmmyOk posted:

srsly u punks

I see no problem with this.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
I would watch an entire show built around Mr. Wind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

:same:

• Locked thread