Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

EmmyOk posted:

Josh loving sucks btw and I literally want to hate him to death if possible

Alright, I'll bite. Why do you hate Joshie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

EmmyOk posted:

Josh's song about feelings pretty much embodies my main problem with him, he doesn't have the heart of a child he has the mind of a child. Someone who has the heart of a child believes in true love or that there's good in all people, some one with the mind of a child tries to beat up bad emotions with frankly pathetic karate. There are points where it felt like Rebecca was flirting with a literal five year old and it was really weird. Josh's character also wildly veers between normal guy, nice but naive guy, and so stupid he might actually be developmentally disabled. Being kind of nice doesn't really making him compatible with Rebecca when they don't seem to have anything else in common on any level. Josh was also to blame just as much as Valencia for their relationship and he treats her awfully when Rebecca shows up. He also walks like he pooped his pants and if you think Rebecca looks like a Bex I don't know what to tell you.

Counterpoint:

Knockknees posted:

And guys, I'm worried about Greg.

Me too.

Also OP left out #1 reason to watch the new season:

vv Spoilered it :)

FoxTerrier fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Oct 22, 2016

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Paula's having a crisis of faith! :ohdear:

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

JT Smiley posted:

That song really won me over at the end.

It's not the catchiest one they've ever done, but goddamn that cactus costume rights all wrongs

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Knockknees posted:

Greg looks very pale.

He better not be horrifically ill or some poo poo.

edit: Oh man, Greg.

FoxTerrier fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Oct 22, 2016

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Knockknees posted:

Greg :smith:

(This is the first time I've watched live tv in a year. The commercials are so often ... is it always like this?)

Commercials have gotten unbearable. It's not just that they're so often, but that they pop up on the screen too. Along with the station logo permanently in the corner. Its just...ugggggh

also lol so much for self control.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

I still think Josh is basically fine. White Josh, however, continues to reach new peaks of awesomeness with each episode. I never would have guessed that the start of last season that he and Darryl would end up being my favorites.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Personally I'm looking forward to the love triangle falling apart when both Greg and Josh decide she isn't worth the bullshit, and she actually has to focus on working on herself.

I suspect this is where the show is going and I'm all down for it.

Knockknees posted:

White Josh rules. So hard. I love the weird undercurrent of antagonism between him and Rebecca that goes all the way back to the garbage disposal incident.

What was the garbage disposal incident? I can't recall

vv Clearly I need to re-watch season 1

FoxTerrier fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Oct 29, 2016

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Personally I just can't help laughing about Rebecca's complete failure to consider the fact that Josh refused to commit to Valencia for years; and how that just might mean he could have a teensy problem committing to her too.

Seriously, how is she shocked the guy terrified of commitment/growing-up isn't gung-ho to grab a ring and a 30 year mortgage with her? I know it's because she's still viewing him as a fantasy rather than a real person, but still!

Very much looking forward to Valencia coming back and making some pointed remarks on the situation.

Knockknees posted:

Rewatched the episode with a friend last night.

I am thinking more about Gregs admission that he was on his way to tell Rebecca he loved her. First of all, he kind of did the grand gesture Rebecca wanted except because real life is real life, and driving drunk first thing in the morning gets you arrested. Second, thinking back to dream ghosts, to be told she is loved is what she really really wants from the world. Putting aside the fact that she barely ever heard or felt that from friends or family growing up - I don't think she has EVER heard that from a romantic partner.

The pain she is feeling at the end is so hard to watch because of that.

On the other hand Greg deserves better.

The drinking song and ping pong song hold up really well on rewatch.

Greg and Rebecca would be an awesome couple...in like five years. After they've both dealt with a ton of their poo poo. That's the end-game I'm rooting for.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

I dunno, I'll be the outlier and say I could see it having several successful seasons. The trick would be to allow Rebecca to improve gradually over time, while simultaneously deploying the inevitable drama bombs with care. I doubt that will happen given ratings though, so yeah, I'll just bask in the second season.

I really, really hope that if the show disappears after S2 though that another in a similar style will come along. With Galavant already gone I need somewhere to get my TV musical comedy fix, dammit!

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

NOOOOOO!

He almost made it to the plane!

Greg you were so close! :negative:

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

frgildan posted:

I'm kinda of shocked they actually had him go.

Me too. And relieved. I love his character, but I'd much rather have him take a break from the show to be in Atlanta and grow, than go back to Rebecca for Round 15 of the same poo poo.

edit: this song is magical, and so is the fact they just hand-waved in parents for Heather

FoxTerrier fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Nov 12, 2016

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

frgildan posted:

It feels like they wanted this episode to be nothing but gut punches

It is pretty loving dark.

I was hoping for something light to relax with tonight but....um....whelp.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Maxwell Lord posted:

This show hits hard.

On the upside the next episode looks amazing

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Awww dang. At least he got written off in a really cool and good way.

I hope if they somehow beat the cancellation bear for a third season he's able to return as a regular.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Oh my god. There are no words for how much I love this.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Devil Winds is beating Let's Have Intercourse???

I am so disappointed in all of you :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

lotus circle posted:

The only unfair match-up here is Devil Winds vs Tell Me I'm Okay Patrick, in the sense that they're both amazing.

Also You Go First losing to Research Me is absolutely unforgivable.

Final edit but here is the best I could muster for Greg's Could If I Wanted To reprise.

Nah, that's OK. Let's Have Intercourse losing to Devil Winds and Ping Pong Girl to Greg's Drinking Song are the true sins here.

• Locked thread