Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

A friend sold me on the show by showing me this video and saying "She has a show."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWMpnxMLZ_E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Knockknees posted:

It really does feel more like a Netflix or a Hulu show to me. Sort of in the vein of Kimmy Schmidt or Mindy Project.

And then the explicit versions of the songs could be in the show.

The explicit versions are unfailingly worse than the broadcast editions though.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Regarding the HIMYM comparisons, the show fell apart mainly due to awful pacing issues. The first four seasons or so are pretty drat great, and then we spend the better part of six years with absolutely everyone stuck in neutral. Speed up those relationships and you could basically tell the same story with 1000x more effect.

The real solution was to have Ted meet the mother a few seasons in and then focus on building out their relationship and Ted gradually realizing what real companionship looks like, but instead they stubbornly stuck to their guns and dragged the whole show down the abyss.

Crazy Ex has steered away from those pitfalls again and again.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Ping Pong Girl, Totally not have sex right now, thought bubbles, Friendtopia, and that freakin' awesome drinking song.

Get the hell outta here.

The dinosaur ballet was something else though, admittedly.

• Locked thread