Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
not surprised at guild raids being FUBAR this is its initial release and the devs mentioned better balancing in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
In Lowtaxed as Beogh. Got Ramses II from a pull today and people are saying he's good? cool.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost

EzEight posted:

not surprised at guild raids being FUBAR this is its initial release and the devs mentioned better balancing in the future.

Certainly better to make it super hard to steal ARC than too easy at the start. It would be an even worse experience if half of our ARC got stolen overnight.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

EzEight posted:

I'll lead Goonamancers. IGN Xianxia

Should we have a raid going constantly? What are your thoughts?

Maybe setup the raids to go every night at 6:00pm? Or have it at a set time on the weekend?

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
With 14 defenders in Goonamancers no pubbie guild are gonna be stealing anything.

If you haven't already, set a defender team. Mages are the best choice as you can grind down the attackers.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Goonamancers if you want to raid please go ahead and start one.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I say don't even bother starting any raids right now until they re balance it.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
We are still getting some loot from them and we have so many keys it doesn't matter much unless keys become scarce later on.

E: actually 1000-1200 raw arc per 10 keys means 120 arc per 10 keys, which is around 4-5 arc per person per 10 keys

If we got full clears it would be double that? So 10 arc per person for a raid?

Aredna fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Oct 20, 2016

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
We are actually gaining arc most guilds are dead and have little to no defence.

With a 15 member defence we are less likely to lose arc.

I say just go for it :black101:

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Exmond posted:

Maybe setup the raids to go every night at 6:00pm? Or have it at a set time on the weekend?

Seconding the idea of a schedule. I don't know how fast we earn keys but maybe 2-4 times a week would work?

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Lowtaxed duders please set a defence, pref two mages and a warrior, if you haven't already, thanks.

I'm still trying to figure out the raid interface but I'm thinking we'll do a raid every mon, tues, thurs, friday afternoon at around 5:30 pm EST.

E: assuming we got the keys to raid that week, natch

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Oct 20, 2016

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
From the Shadow Wars official facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/PlayShadowWars/

Halloween means some special new Monsters! The new Weekly Event will give you the chance to Capture 'The Horde'!
---
The Horde is an aggressive Tank that will be a great addition to your raid crew.

WALL OF CORPSES
Level 1: Cost: 9
Become a protector until attacked; protecting monsters get attacked first. Buff your attacking monster’s damage by 10% for 1 turn.
Level 2: Cost: 8
Become a protector until attacked; protecting monsters get attacked first. Buff your attacking monster’s damage by 20% for 1 turn.

SMOTHERING PROTECTION
Level 1: Cost: 35
Become a protector until attacked; protecting monsters get attacked first. Silence the enemies crew for 1 turn; they can’t cast skills or use artefacts.
Level 2: Cost: 25
Become a protector until attacked; protecting monsters get attacked first. Silence the enemies crew for 1 turn; they can’t cast skills or use artefacts.

INFECTED BLOOD
Whenever this monster survives an attack, deal earth damage to the attacker equal to 8% of this monster’s damage value.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
If you've beaten someone while raiding, let us know what setup you were using to survive the opening blasts!

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?
Joined Lowtaxed, name same as here.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Stupid time limit. I was actually set to win an attack with Jenny, Stronk, and Baba Yaga but the timer ram out on what world have been my last attack.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Also, not sure if it's been mentioned, but raid teams cap at level 20. So level your defense team to 20, and then you can just leave them there.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

overseer07 posted:

Also, not sure if it's been mentioned, but raid teams cap at level 20. So level your defense team to 20, and then you can just leave them there.

The main issue is monster star level, at lv 20 the mage with 7 stars will still have better stats to waste your entire team.

This is the stupid part the devs forgot about.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
so uh blackwood hound? the light assassin?

dude can easily get 100% crit on his first turn if you're lucky with crit gems, which makes 3 starring most things a walk in the park

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

So, are the Halloween monsters actually in the summon pool yet? I'm sitting on some gems because I love me some Halloween and want to get some themed monsters, but all I'm seeing on the list are the same handful like Jenny and Eustace.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

the_steve posted:

So, are the Halloween monsters actually in the summon pool yet? I'm sitting on some gems because I love me some Halloween and want to get some themed monsters, but all I'm seeing on the list are the same handful like Jenny and Eustace.

They are obtained by clearing the event zone first, then they will be in the pool.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

the_steve posted:

Note that you will have to spend some Arc if you want higher stars.

After clearing stage 10, 15, 20 you get 1 'Horde' added to the summoning pool.

At those stages you can spend Arc to capture one copy and you still get it added to your summon pool.

You can get a total of 6 copies if you spend arc. 3 capture and 3 summon pool.

Edit:self promo IGN:Xianxia
To Goonamancer members my Helle has Reapers Scythe coupled with her skill if you stall with her in the earlier stages she can grow up to 1500+hp, 1000+Atk and heal after every attack. Easily surviving the counters and steamrolling Horde even with its 25% hp regen.

EzEight fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Oct 21, 2016

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
that reminds me, i wish they'd add a friends list to this game sooner rather then later, because that helle owns

i have a pretty solid nidhogg with a 15% self heal every turn and the taunt skill, he can comfortably tank anything not water-based, and even then you'd just need to babysit him a bit, but sadly its only for lowtaxed :(

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Ok, how do I get into the event? All I'm seeing is Story mode maps, it isn't giving me an option to do any seasonal stuff.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

the_steve posted:

Ok, how do I get into the event? All I'm seeing is Story mode maps, it isn't giving me an option to do any seasonal stuff.

you might need to check for an update on the store, for some reason until i closed the game it didn't let me know an update was available but i could still play

you'll know it's working when you log in, you'll get an offer for a sam hain + obsidian pack for like 10 dollerydoos, and the event dungeon will be in the lower left corner of your story mode map with a bright flashing new tag on it

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

boy are my arms tired posted:

you might need to check for an update on the store, for some reason until i closed the game it didn't let me know an update was available but i could still play

you'll know it's working when you log in, you'll get an offer for a sam hain + obsidian pack for like 10 dollerydoos, and the event dungeon will be in the lower left corner of your story mode map with a bright flashing new tag on it

Apparently it needs to be bright flashing and with sirens on it for me to notice it...

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Ah, the problem was I was too low leveled. Once I hit 15, it let me see the event.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
thats good to know, at least you can get into the dungeon. still got like 5 days so plenty of time, and it syncs with your level iirc so don't feel you need to level up more

Lowtaxed duders, raid today at 5:30pm EST!

e: i hate ms. ng + nidhogg levels, jfc

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Is progress against a defender persistent in a raid? Someone started a raid in Lowtaxed, and I took out one team, then like 90% of another, I'm just curious if that second team remains really weak now or if that second fight was a waste.

Also I really wish I had the dragon healer (Dreq maybe?). I think it was someone in the syndicates that I borrowed for a story fight, he has the compass artifact that heals every turn and man that thing was basically immortal and healing my whole team every turn

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Is progress against a defender persistent in a raid? Someone started a raid in Lowtaxed, and I took out one team, then like 90% of another, I'm just curious if that second team remains really weak now or if that second fight was a waste.

Also I really wish I had the dragon healer (Dreq maybe?). I think it was someone in the syndicates that I borrowed for a story fight, he has the compass artifact that heals every turn and man that thing was basically immortal and healing my whole team every turn

i'm extremely irritated in whoever did this, please don't start raids outside of the designated times

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I don't like how enemy follow on waves get to attack first. I feel like the player should keep the initiative. Especially since we are limited to four monsters.

Thanks xianxia, your helle helped me easily beat the horde, had three tries previous where I wasn't even close

FastestGunAlive fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Oct 21, 2016

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

i'm extremely irritated in whoever did this, please don't start raids outside of the designated times

Yeah I was surprised to see it open. I was even more surprised that as far as I could see there wasn't any indication or notification given that it was open I just happened to look in the syndicate window

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

FastestGunAlive posted:

I don't like how enemy follow on waves get to attack first. I feel like the player should keep the initiative. Especially since we are limited to four monsters.

I hate when they get to spam their abilities.
Why yes, use the aoe physical attack every single turn without fail while I'm still trying to unfreeze my goddamn blocks.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Yeah I was surprised to see it open. I was even more surprised that as far as I could see there wasn't any indication or notification given that it was open I just happened to look in the syndicate window

yeah, if you initiate a raid in mid day when people are at work, and there's no notification, we get situations like this where we cleared 3/7 dudes and only got 1k raw arc

next time it happens i'm just gonna demote people

on the plus side, new keys obtained when you already have 50 do carry over, so that's nice, we're halfway to a blue raid again

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

the_steve posted:

I hate when they get to spam their abilities.
Why yes, use the aoe physical attack every single turn without fail while I'm still trying to unfreeze my goddamn blocks.

Yeah, what triggers enemy abilities? Is it blocks left on the screen? Time? RNG? ugh

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

There is no control over raid starting and etc.. I think its just going to be part of the way syndicates work until they fix it up. Hopefully the fix up the social stuff in the game real quick!

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
If you're in Goonamancer and a few goons are active in chat go ahead and start a raid. This is a mobile game and its not going to be easy to coordinate timezones.

With the way guild battles are its going to be unfair/dumb either way so my as well earn some Arc from it.

Beating one noob defender gives you a few thousand Arc. Thats a profit compared to stockpiling keys.

With 2 days till Arc payday go nuts and have fun while guild battles are still somewhat unbalanced. Screwing both parties over etc.

ALSO PLEASE DONATE COINS OUR NEXT LEVEL PERK IS 20% ARC CONVERSION.

Edit:guild name correction

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Soonmot posted:

Yeah, what triggers enemy abilities? Is it blocks left on the screen? Time? RNG? ugh

nobody knows, it's super irritating when an enemy baba yaga can trigger her skill three goes in a row, but it's entirely up to the rng gods if i can use it once every three turns

Exmond posted:

There is no control over raid starting and etc.. I think its just going to be part of the way syndicates work until they fix it up. Hopefully the fix up the social stuff in the game real quick!

there is, i don't think non-elders/leaders can start raids, if i'm wrong welp

regardless please don't, we don't have many keys yet and i'm of the opinion we should maximize them

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I accidentally discovered something that makes wave transition a bit easier. Helle's double strike skill carries over. If you kill the last defender with her first attack, your second is ready to go after the be wave spawns BEFORE they can attack.

I can only assume this is true for all double strike skills.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

My Helle is weak. Well, under evolved. That's the biggest problem with me right now. I think Duul, Sam Hain and Kid Tut are the only ones I have at 4stars, everyone else is 3 tops. I really need more units, but I'm trying to stock the Halloween cards first. And I don't think that's even happening because I can't 3 star the stages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Soonmot posted:

I accidentally discovered something that makes wave transition a bit easier. Helle's double strike skill carries over. If you kill the last defender with her first attack, your second is ready to go after the be wave spawns BEFORE they can attack.

I can only assume this is true for all double strike skills.

holy poo poo thank you

yesssss

• Locked thread