Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

the_steve posted:

My Helle is weak. Well, under evolved. That's the biggest problem with me right now. I think Duul, Sam Hain and Kid Tut are the only ones I have at 4stars, everyone else is 3 tops. I really need more units, but I'm trying to stock the Halloween cards first. And I don't think that's even happening because I can't 3 star the stages.

When I hit a wall in the events I just go back to story to level up. There's still plenty of time for the event

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
i'm fairly certain the event scales to level, but there is no denying that getting better starred monsters helps a ton

sam hains second ability can carry a lot of weight, for example. i'm at moscow right now which iirc is stage 60+ in the story, hovering at level 28 and the event stages are getting easier despite staying at my level

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug

Soonmot posted:

I accidentally discovered something that makes wave transition a bit easier. Helle's double strike skill carries over. If you kill the last defender with her first attack, your second is ready to go after the be wave spawns BEFORE they can attack.

I can only assume this is true for all double strike skills.

Yes, this is true for all double strikes. Also, if you kill the last mob in the first wave with a mage spell, your attack will carry over to the second wave. This is a great way to murder Ms. Ng before she stays propionate your tank every goddamn turn.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I know it's a bit of a pipe dream, but is there any good story in this? Because Dresden Files + Pokemon kind of hits most of my pleasure receptors, but I'm burned out on the Puzzles and Dragons of the world.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Bogart posted:

I know it's a bit of a pipe dream, but is there any good story in this? Because Dresden Files + Pokemon kind of hits most of my pleasure receptors, but I'm burned out on the Puzzles and Dragons of the world.

Sorry my dude but nah, the story so far is clan leaders either want to beat you or get you to join their ranks...even if you already are

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
:negative:

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Soonmot posted:

I accidentally discovered something that makes wave transition a bit easier. Helle's double strike skill carries over. If you kill the last defender with her first attack, your second is ready to go after the be wave spawns BEFORE they can attack.

I can only assume this is true for all double strike skills.

Heres the trick, the enemy doesn't go until you end your turn. So if you build up your mage to blast the last enemy in the wave and you have 2/3 break blocks left, you still get your 2/3 break blocks left and an attack to do some damage.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Yeah, if you delay finishing a wave, like attack with someone weak against the last guy's element or something, you can drop a mage spell at the beginning of your round and head into the next wave with all your moves remaining

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
by the way you guys know you can speed up the battle animations by repeatedly tapping anywhere on the screen? Useful for timed raids.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
I think speeding the game up is bugged as when I did that repeatedly the game got stuck at 10x speed and kept getting faster

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

EzEight posted:

I think speeding the game up is bugged as when I did that repeatedly the game got stuck at 10x speed and kept getting faster

Lol. Did your phone approach light speed?

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Lol @ getting mad over people doing things the game allows.

"Don't do the one thing that matters at your rank or I'm gonna demote you so you can't do it"

Power tripping over something that doesn't even matter in game is hilarious.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
For things that do matter in game: you can pause and retreat at any time

See your dude is about to die while going for a 3*? Retreat and try again

Get a lovely dude to borrow for your 4th? Retreat and go again

No cost of any sort except the short amount of time it takes to restart

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Helical Nightmares posted:

Lol. Did your phone approach light speed?

Its like playing the game on a Powerpoint slide. No animations what so ever.

Aredna posted:

For things that do matter in game: you can pause and retreat at any time

See your dude is about to die while going for a 3*? Retreat and try again

Get a lovely dude to borrow for your 4th? Retreat and go again

No cost of any sort except the short amount of time it takes to restart

I actually keep refreshing the game like this to get suitable henchman to 3 star Horde.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Well drat. I didn't realize you could clear a level with zero stars. I figured 1 was the minimum.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

EzEight posted:

I actually keep refreshing the game like this to get suitable henchman to 3 star Horde.

Now that's a good protip, because every time I tried the "watch a video to refresh your friend" thing I always ended up with the same character except maybe at a different level

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Aredna posted:

Lol @ getting mad over people doing things the game allows.

"Don't do the one thing that matters at your rank or I'm gonna demote you so you can't do it"

Power tripping over something that doesn't even matter in game is hilarious.

lmao it aint power tripping you weirdo its trying to maximize our key usage so we get to do more cool things in this dumb phone game, but I'm sure not gonna lose sleep over some rando getting pissy for no reason, namaste

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Blackwood Devil with Blessed Shoes is amazing.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Blackwood Devil with Blessed Shoes is amazing.

I keep failing to summon him, but almost every friend one I get is good enough to carry a stage on their own, dude is really strong

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
The problem is he doesn't grow during slugging matches.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
It takes a bit to build up, but this Horde ability makes them a pain to fight:

The Horde posted:

SMOTHERING PROTECTION
Level 1: Cost: 35 Become a protector until attacked; protecting monsters get attacked first. Silence the enemies crew for 1 turn; they can’t cast skills or use artefacts.
Level 2: Cost: 25 Become a protector until attacked; protecting monsters get attacked first. Silence the enemies crew for 1 turn; they can’t cast skills or use artefacts.

It says it only lasts one turn, but I had some dudes that it wasn't seeming to wear off of (perhaps a bug?).

EzEight posted:

The problem is he doesn't grow during slugging matches.

I've noticed how useful this is recently. The main reason for it seems to be single round matches being fairly easy and 2-3 round matches tending to have harder bosses. I've been meaning to go through a list of monsters and artifacts and try to figure out a good list of mobs that get stronger each turn in some manner.

EzEight posted:

Its like playing the game on a Powerpoint slide. No animations what so ever.

Speaking of which - what Henchmen are people mostly wanting to see?

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Aredna posted:

Speaking of which - what Henchmen are people mostly wanting to see?
For Horde and hard stages what I need is units that GIVE one of your units stealth to avoid going into the next wave and getting your support wasted due to RNG skills.

Miogi skill2 and Mekaten skill2 fill the role.

Healers are also good with a Helle/growing attacker you can either bring a healer to grind bosses or bring extra firepower with the spare slot.

Stars don't really matter on healers/utility heroes(stealth) as tanks will soak up the damage. So to new players the easiest way to be chosen is to put a healer up.

Stars do matter for attackers and tanks so veteran should put their best.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
This is where I gave up, 20 minutes into the fight. I had killed the Horde in level 15 with my Cole, my fourth, Stronk, died early, but I saved my rez for Cole. Sure enough, on transfering into wave 3, Cole is one shot. I rez him and thanks to Jenny and ramses, I take out The Horde. Only thing is, when it died, that loving water monster shot a blast at Cole which killed him. Neither Jenny nor Ramses does enough damage to kill Orlock. A 400 point damage total is reduced down to around 280. The artifact the fuckers have heals 222 each round automatically, Orlock has a 50% chance to heal damage when he takes damage AND he has a loving heal skill.

You can see that my Jenny increased her HP past 20K. I had stopped using heals everytime they popped, or she'd probably be at 30K. Fuuuuuuuuck

Only registered members can see post attachments!

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
this is why you need growing attackers.

Just use my Helle and save yourself the trouble

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

the_steve posted:

Well drat. I didn't realize you could clear a level with zero stars. I figured 1 was the minimum.

Only your guys count towards stars, so save your ressurects when a henchman goes down - reviving your guys gets you the star they represent back, but finishing with a hench down still leaves you 3 starring it.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I would have had it if not for that random killing of cole. What artifact did you have on your helle? I bought that 40 dollar currency pancakes when it was on sale for 18 bucks last night

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Last weeks Reapers Scythe.

Every attack heals 30% max hp, with double attack it procs twice.

gently caress the Horde silence bug cost me the match, the attacking unit doesn't get the silence removed. Not going to be passing stage 20 with such a glaring bug.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Lol. After I collect the random monster shards from the "we are sorry for bugs" email the game freezes.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Lol. After I collect the random monster shards from the "we are sorry for bugs" email the game freezes.

Same

Also the weekly arc payouts feel a little anemic tbh, I took second behind hilarity and got a whopping 150 arc (tho hilarity was double my contribution)

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

boy are my arms tired posted:

Same

Also the weekly arc payouts feel a little anemic tbh, I took second behind hilarity and got a whopping 150 arc (tho hilarity was double my contribution)

I was 12th in goonamancers and managed to get.. 400? Goonamancers had a 11,000 arc payout cause we reached the 20% raw arc conversion

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
drat! Any spots open in Goonamancers?

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost

Exmond posted:

I was 12th in goonamancers and managed to get.. 400? Goonamancers had a 11,000 arc payout cause we reached the 20% raw arc conversion

That was at 10% still. We didn't hit 20% yet.

But I didn't see anything about the payout pop up? At 11000 it should have been 440/person if I'm recalling correctly that it gets split evenly among everyone in guild.

Where did you all see the contribution ranking at?

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Top contributor in Goonamancer.
460 ARC, well that sucks.

We need an indicator to tell when people last logged in.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Aredna posted:

That was at 10% still. We didn't hit 20% yet.

But I didn't see anything about the payout pop up? At 11000 it should have been 440/person if I'm recalling correctly that it gets split evenly among everyone in guild.

Where did you all see the contribution ranking at?
It pops up the first time you enter Syndicate. A ranking list.

I don't mind an even split as we are all goons but lack of activity is pretty evident.

In my last pubbie guild I got 800+ arc and I was ranked 10+

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

EzEight posted:

It pops up the first time you enter Syndicate. A ranking list.

I don't mind an even split as we are all goons but lack of activity is pretty evident.

In my last pubbie guild I got 800+ arc and I was ranked 10+

Yeah I feel like there's not enough people playing to warrant two guilds anymore, I think only half of Lowtaxed even plays if the top three are any indicator.

E: yeah hilarity and I are the only level 30+ players, 2/3 are still below 15 which means they aren't playing, and the rest are low to mid 20s

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Oct 24, 2016

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

boy are my arms tired posted:

Yeah I feel like there's not enough people playing to warrant two guilds anymore, I think only half of Lowtaxed even plays if the top three are any indicator.

E: yeah hilarity and I are the only level 30+ players, 2/3 are still below 15 which means they aren't playing, and the rest are low to mid 20s

In my defense, I only started like a week ago.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

the_steve posted:

In my defense, I only started like a week ago.

Talking more about the people who signed up day one and are still level 14 or lower, although lack of a "player last logged in" tool is making it hard to keep track

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
I'm in goonamancers and intend to keep playing, I just had a ridiculous binge of a weekend and barely even checked my texts let alone logging in to a phone game

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Got the weekly pay out but I didn't see the prompt. Does that mean I didn't make the top contributor list or did it glitch out?
Edit: I'm ghost face in guild

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
To get your payout you have to go to the syndicate screen. It should hopefully show you and give you your reward. It might be a bug.

Speaking of bugs, holy cow Ramsess skill has some weird interactions with other abilities. He gains defender if he doesn't attack, but if the enemy uses Dark Provactuer (Force enemy to attack) on say my mage, then they can attack the mage that turn. Or if someone uses trap and harden on Ramsess, they can attack everyone else!

• Locked thread