Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
In as Aredna

Soonmot posted:

How many stars do monsters max out at?

Looks like it is 7 stars. Assuming the early trends I've seen continue - every star doubles in how many shards it needs (1,2,4,8,16,32,64), but getting a monster for a 2nd time will give you one full star.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
With the right search terms filters I finally stumbled upon a Wiki site with a decent amount of info on the game: http://pikpoks-shadow-wars.wikia.com/wiki/PikPoks_Shadow_Wars_community

I take that back - it's there, but there really isn't anything past the surface level summary.

Not contained there - Is there any benefit to 3*-ing all of the Daily Heist levels?

Aredna fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Oct 17, 2016

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost

EzEight posted:

Aside from getting all the star rewards, 3*-ing bosses give you the chance to capture them.

Normal stages give a chance for equipment.

Does that apply to the Daily Heist as well? I've got a 3* on several levels on the 2 days I did it and didn't have any boss capture chances pop up.

Kegslayer posted:

Joined as Detective.

Quick question though. Is there any way to level up your character level? It's impossible to repeat quests that you've already 3* right?

If you've unlocked the Daily Heist you can level up in it as well.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost

EzEight posted:

It does yesterdays daily heist stage 5 gave the chance to capture The Fates.

Oh! You just reminded me I read somewherethat if the level shows a Skull icon instead of a Diamond then you have a chance to capture the monster. I went back to check the one I have today and levels 5 and 10 show a skull so guess I'll try and 3* them in the next 18 hours.

Other question - is there any way to see any chat history? Never seen anyone talk in a guild and my messages seem to disappear within a few minutes.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
I got the artifact on Jenny that heals her each time she's not selected. Which means unless I *need* to attack with blue she gets a self heal and another HP buff.

BTW - Eustace having an artifact on him that makes him stealth if not selected completely fucks with his passive. It seems to kind of randomly choose between effects that get applied and is super buggy.

Having two Eustace is as amazing as it sounds when you can borrow him.

I just borrowed someone's Helle that was pretty nice. At 30 theirs was self-buffing for 212 at end of each turn for 2 turns in a row after every special use. As you can imagine the HP got high super fast.

I finished the prior daily 1 minute after it was over, but started the last fight like 10mins before. They have no buffer so I lost out on the bonus medkit reward. At least I did get a shot at the monster from 3*ing it.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Raids are in - seems we put dudes in for self defense and other guilds can steal our raw arc!

Monsters cap at 20 for self defense so we need to all get some people in sooner than later as it seems one guild already attacked us somehow, but we didn't lose anything yet.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
I downloaded the update from the US iOS store around 4.5 hours ago. Not sure if it was up before that or not.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
How do we participate in raids? All I've seen so far is people trying to raid us.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost

EzEight posted:

you need to set a defence team to defend but you can't use your defense team in other fights.

Goonamancer leader can you set all goons to elders?

To guild elders please don't press the down arrow in the members list it downgrades an elder to normal member.

And that explains it... I didn't realize I'd been downgraded at some point.

It would have been nice to be able to jump into some raids in the first few hours.

Soonmot posted:

Yeah for defenders, I'd put in people with blast skills. Having your team mostly dead before you even attack is demoralizing

Happy I did this to start with 3 non-blue ones since I assume they would come expecting to beat blue. I was just figuring that they'd kill one of my dudes and the others could try to defend - turns out it's even better than expected!

tap my mountain posted:

Is there no way to go back NY after going to London? I had some bosses I wanted to go back 2 for the 3 star and I can't figure out how.

Currently no - you gotta 3* everything before going to the next city if you want rewards.

I read somewhere that they have plans to fix this in the future.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost

EzEight posted:

not surprised at guild raids being FUBAR this is its initial release and the devs mentioned better balancing in the future.

Certainly better to make it super hard to steal ARC than too easy at the start. It would be an even worse experience if half of our ARC got stolen overnight.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
We are still getting some loot from them and we have so many keys it doesn't matter much unless keys become scarce later on.

E: actually 1000-1200 raw arc per 10 keys means 120 arc per 10 keys, which is around 4-5 arc per person per 10 keys

If we got full clears it would be double that? So 10 arc per person for a raid?

Aredna fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Oct 20, 2016

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Lol @ getting mad over people doing things the game allows.

"Don't do the one thing that matters at your rank or I'm gonna demote you so you can't do it"

Power tripping over something that doesn't even matter in game is hilarious.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
For things that do matter in game: you can pause and retreat at any time

See your dude is about to die while going for a 3*? Retreat and try again

Get a lovely dude to borrow for your 4th? Retreat and go again

No cost of any sort except the short amount of time it takes to restart

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
It takes a bit to build up, but this Horde ability makes them a pain to fight:

The Horde posted:

SMOTHERING PROTECTION
Level 1: Cost: 35 Become a protector until attacked; protecting monsters get attacked first. Silence the enemies crew for 1 turn; they can’t cast skills or use artefacts.
Level 2: Cost: 25 Become a protector until attacked; protecting monsters get attacked first. Silence the enemies crew for 1 turn; they can’t cast skills or use artefacts.

It says it only lasts one turn, but I had some dudes that it wasn't seeming to wear off of (perhaps a bug?).

EzEight posted:

The problem is he doesn't grow during slugging matches.

I've noticed how useful this is recently. The main reason for it seems to be single round matches being fairly easy and 2-3 round matches tending to have harder bosses. I've been meaning to go through a list of monsters and artifacts and try to figure out a good list of mobs that get stronger each turn in some manner.

EzEight posted:

Its like playing the game on a Powerpoint slide. No animations what so ever.

I actually keep refreshing the game like this to get suitable henchman to 3 star Horde.

Speaking of which - what Henchmen are people mostly wanting to see?

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost

Exmond posted:

I was 12th in goonamancers and managed to get.. 400? Goonamancers had a 11,000 arc payout cause we reached the 20% raw arc conversion

That was at 10% still. We didn't hit 20% yet.

But I didn't see anything about the payout pop up? At 11000 it should have been 440/person if I'm recalling correctly that it gets split evenly among everyone in guild.

Where did you all see the contribution ranking at?

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Helle + Horde with the ability horde have to increase your attackers power by 20% is an insane combo.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Aredna

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Also given how hard Baron hits on death if you're using Helle - I had to kill him 3rd to 3* the level 15 version of it - Otherwise she would get torn up bad.

And yes, take out those taunts and make sure you attack first every round.

If you don't realize it - in game you can long hold on the opponents to check their abilities and plan out your strategy.

• Locked thread