Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Any room in Goonamancers or should I start a new guild?

Digging the game but the artwork is pretty bleh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Asheron Pact (red team) guild name "Lowtaxed", come one come all.

Please make sure you have SA in your profile or post your name here so I don't accidentally boot you!!!

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Theswarms posted:

Joined lowtaxed as Theswarms, thanks for creating.

yeah until this guild gets full too im gonna promote all the goons so i can keep track of who is who

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
promoted the both of you

op if you could add this info to the, uh, op

Overflow guild is Lowtaxed, part of the Archeron Pact (Fire Team). Same rules apply as Goonamancers: post here or include SA in your name, and donate silver and do not donate arc or obsidian.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Coffeehitler posted:

I joined Lowtaxed as Coffeeamin.

the_steve posted:

Joining Lowtaxed as Stigrbrand

elder'd you both

i also went ahead and maxed out to rank 2 with some spare obsidian since i have all the monsters so far, so all lowtaxed dudes get 25% quicker healer on fire monsters

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Lowtaxed duders please set a defence, pref two mages and a warrior, if you haven't already, thanks.

I'm still trying to figure out the raid interface but I'm thinking we'll do a raid every mon, tues, thurs, friday afternoon at around 5:30 pm EST.

E: assuming we got the keys to raid that week, natch

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Oct 20, 2016

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
so uh blackwood hound? the light assassin?

dude can easily get 100% crit on his first turn if you're lucky with crit gems, which makes 3 starring most things a walk in the park

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

the_steve posted:

So, are the Halloween monsters actually in the summon pool yet? I'm sitting on some gems because I love me some Halloween and want to get some themed monsters, but all I'm seeing on the list are the same handful like Jenny and Eustace.

They are obtained by clearing the event zone first, then they will be in the pool.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
that reminds me, i wish they'd add a friends list to this game sooner rather then later, because that helle owns

i have a pretty solid nidhogg with a 15% self heal every turn and the taunt skill, he can comfortably tank anything not water-based, and even then you'd just need to babysit him a bit, but sadly its only for lowtaxed :(

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

the_steve posted:

Ok, how do I get into the event? All I'm seeing is Story mode maps, it isn't giving me an option to do any seasonal stuff.

you might need to check for an update on the store, for some reason until i closed the game it didn't let me know an update was available but i could still play

you'll know it's working when you log in, you'll get an offer for a sam hain + obsidian pack for like 10 dollerydoos, and the event dungeon will be in the lower left corner of your story mode map with a bright flashing new tag on it

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
thats good to know, at least you can get into the dungeon. still got like 5 days so plenty of time, and it syncs with your level iirc so don't feel you need to level up more

Lowtaxed duders, raid today at 5:30pm EST!

e: i hate ms. ng + nidhogg levels, jfc

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Is progress against a defender persistent in a raid? Someone started a raid in Lowtaxed, and I took out one team, then like 90% of another, I'm just curious if that second team remains really weak now or if that second fight was a waste.

Also I really wish I had the dragon healer (Dreq maybe?). I think it was someone in the syndicates that I borrowed for a story fight, he has the compass artifact that heals every turn and man that thing was basically immortal and healing my whole team every turn

i'm extremely irritated in whoever did this, please don't start raids outside of the designated times

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Yeah I was surprised to see it open. I was even more surprised that as far as I could see there wasn't any indication or notification given that it was open I just happened to look in the syndicate window

yeah, if you initiate a raid in mid day when people are at work, and there's no notification, we get situations like this where we cleared 3/7 dudes and only got 1k raw arc

next time it happens i'm just gonna demote people

on the plus side, new keys obtained when you already have 50 do carry over, so that's nice, we're halfway to a blue raid again

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Soonmot posted:

Yeah, what triggers enemy abilities? Is it blocks left on the screen? Time? RNG? ugh

nobody knows, it's super irritating when an enemy baba yaga can trigger her skill three goes in a row, but it's entirely up to the rng gods if i can use it once every three turns

Exmond posted:

There is no control over raid starting and etc.. I think its just going to be part of the way syndicates work until they fix it up. Hopefully the fix up the social stuff in the game real quick!

there is, i don't think non-elders/leaders can start raids, if i'm wrong welp

regardless please don't, we don't have many keys yet and i'm of the opinion we should maximize them

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Soonmot posted:

I accidentally discovered something that makes wave transition a bit easier. Helle's double strike skill carries over. If you kill the last defender with her first attack, your second is ready to go after the be wave spawns BEFORE they can attack.

I can only assume this is true for all double strike skills.

holy poo poo thank you

yesssss

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
i'm fairly certain the event scales to level, but there is no denying that getting better starred monsters helps a ton

sam hains second ability can carry a lot of weight, for example. i'm at moscow right now which iirc is stage 60+ in the story, hovering at level 28 and the event stages are getting easier despite staying at my level

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Bogart posted:

I know it's a bit of a pipe dream, but is there any good story in this? Because Dresden Files + Pokemon kind of hits most of my pleasure receptors, but I'm burned out on the Puzzles and Dragons of the world.

Sorry my dude but nah, the story so far is clan leaders either want to beat you or get you to join their ranks...even if you already are

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Aredna posted:

Lol @ getting mad over people doing things the game allows.

"Don't do the one thing that matters at your rank or I'm gonna demote you so you can't do it"

Power tripping over something that doesn't even matter in game is hilarious.

lmao it aint power tripping you weirdo its trying to maximize our key usage so we get to do more cool things in this dumb phone game, but I'm sure not gonna lose sleep over some rando getting pissy for no reason, namaste

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Helical Nightmares posted:

Blackwood Devil with Blessed Shoes is amazing.

I keep failing to summon him, but almost every friend one I get is good enough to carry a stage on their own, dude is really strong

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Helical Nightmares posted:

Lol. After I collect the random monster shards from the "we are sorry for bugs" email the game freezes.

Same

Also the weekly arc payouts feel a little anemic tbh, I took second behind hilarity and got a whopping 150 arc (tho hilarity was double my contribution)

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

EzEight posted:

It pops up the first time you enter Syndicate. A ranking list.

I don't mind an even split as we are all goons but lack of activity is pretty evident.

In my last pubbie guild I got 800+ arc and I was ranked 10+

Yeah I feel like there's not enough people playing to warrant two guilds anymore, I think only half of Lowtaxed even plays if the top three are any indicator.

E: yeah hilarity and I are the only level 30+ players, 2/3 are still below 15 which means they aren't playing, and the rest are low to mid 20s

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Oct 24, 2016

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

the_steve posted:

In my defense, I only started like a week ago.

Talking more about the people who signed up day one and are still level 14 or lower, although lack of a "player last logged in" tool is making it hard to keep track

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Mikey Purp posted:

I'm not very impressed with the whole "summon a level 0 monster and farm 5+ shards to make it usable" mechanic.

wouldn't be bad if they had a rotating dungeon or something to farm shards but as it is now yeah its not great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Exmond posted:

Goonamancers hit lvl 5 today and now has a maximum member count of 40 (used to be 25). There should be some free slots open.

How many active people are in the spill-over guild

Active? can't say, but not many

i'm hopping over as well, RafzaSA

• Locked thread