Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Any Vets doing the weekly gear event? Pearl necklace, Reapers Scythe, Book of Toth

The Reapers Scythe looks like the best item out of the bunch. Max HP 30% recovery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Mind kicking some pubbies?

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Joined as Xianxia

EzEight fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Oct 17, 2016

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Aredna posted:

With the right search terms filters I finally stumbled upon a Wiki site with a decent amount of info on the game: http://pikpoks-shadow-wars.wikia.com/wiki/PikPoks_Shadow_Wars_community

I take that back - it's there, but there really isn't anything past the surface level summary.

Not contained there - Is there any benefit to 3*-ing all of the Daily Heist levels?

Aside from getting all the star rewards, 3*-ing bosses give you the chance to capture them.

Normal stages give a chance for equipment.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Aredna posted:

Does that apply to the Daily Heist as well? I've got a 3* on several levels on the 2 days I did it and didn't have any boss capture chances pop up.

It does yesterdays daily heist stage 5 gave the chance to capture The Fates.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Kicked a few pubbies whose names aren't on the thread.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

quote:

Hi Shadow Masters,

We're very excited to announce that the Shadow Wars 1.2 update will be releasing on 10/19/2016 UTC. This update will contain the new feature - SYNDICATE RAIDS. All users will be required to update their game to the new version from 01:00AM UTC. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Join us for our an epic Halloween celebration as we release new events with some exciting exclusive monsters and artifacts.

The Shadow Wars team

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
How do you check? Update hasn't arrived yet.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Update on googleplay, really digging the blood moon icon.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
probably through weekly events with the current one ending soon.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
guild is full, a second one would be appreciated

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
you need to set a defence team to defend but you can't use your defense team in other fights.

Goonamancer leader can you set all goons to elders?

To guild elders please don't press the down arrow in the members list it downgrades an elder to normal member.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Phanatic posted:

In Lowtaxed as Phanatic.

Random gameplay questions:

What determines when opponents can use abilities? Some rounds they do, some rounds they don't, some rounds they use the same ability twice. But they're not playing the board like the player does, so how's this work?

Does the bonus damage done with a Final Blow *do* anything, or is it just graphical cruft?

Final blow is probably a celebration mechanic I haven't noticed anything. Enemy skills are random from my experience.

Soonmot posted:

Holy poo poo raid attacking is bullshit. The defense team gets to act first, gets abilities filled as well. That meant that my Eustace, Jenny, Ramses team was down to just Eustace before I even got a chance too attack.

Turns out as a defender in a raid the team you pick doesn't heal and needs to kill each players team.

I went in with the most annoying team I could make and only managed to take out one person. My team Stok, Ms. Ng and Baba yaga.
Surprisingly the game prioritizes everyone but Stok so I managed to Lumbering Rage my way to victory.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
I'll lead Goonamancers. IGN Xianxia

Should we have a raid going constantly? What are your thoughts?

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
not surprised at guild raids being FUBAR this is its initial release and the devs mentioned better balancing in the future.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
With 14 defenders in Goonamancers no pubbie guild are gonna be stealing anything.

If you haven't already, set a defender team. Mages are the best choice as you can grind down the attackers.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Goonamancers if you want to raid please go ahead and start one.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
We are actually gaining arc most guilds are dead and have little to no defence.

With a 15 member defence we are less likely to lose arc.

I say just go for it :black101:

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
From the Shadow Wars official facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/PlayShadowWars/

Halloween means some special new Monsters! The new Weekly Event will give you the chance to Capture 'The Horde'!
---
The Horde is an aggressive Tank that will be a great addition to your raid crew.

WALL OF CORPSES
Level 1: Cost: 9
Become a protector until attacked; protecting monsters get attacked first. Buff your attacking monster’s damage by 10% for 1 turn.
Level 2: Cost: 8
Become a protector until attacked; protecting monsters get attacked first. Buff your attacking monster’s damage by 20% for 1 turn.

SMOTHERING PROTECTION
Level 1: Cost: 35
Become a protector until attacked; protecting monsters get attacked first. Silence the enemies crew for 1 turn; they can’t cast skills or use artefacts.
Level 2: Cost: 25
Become a protector until attacked; protecting monsters get attacked first. Silence the enemies crew for 1 turn; they can’t cast skills or use artefacts.

INFECTED BLOOD
Whenever this monster survives an attack, deal earth damage to the attacker equal to 8% of this monster’s damage value.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

overseer07 posted:

Also, not sure if it's been mentioned, but raid teams cap at level 20. So level your defense team to 20, and then you can just leave them there.

The main issue is monster star level, at lv 20 the mage with 7 stars will still have better stats to waste your entire team.

This is the stupid part the devs forgot about.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

the_steve posted:

So, are the Halloween monsters actually in the summon pool yet? I'm sitting on some gems because I love me some Halloween and want to get some themed monsters, but all I'm seeing on the list are the same handful like Jenny and Eustace.

Note that you will have to spend some Arc if you want higher stars.

After clearing stage 10, 15, 20 you get 1 'Horde' added to the summoning pool.

At those stages you can spend Arc to capture one copy and you still get it added to your summon pool.

You can get a total of 6 copies if you spend arc. 3 capture and 3 summon pool.

Edit:self promo IGN:Xianxia
To Goonamancer members my Helle has Reapers Scythe coupled with her skill if you stall with her in the earlier stages she can grow up to 1500+hp, 1000+Atk and heal after every attack. Easily surviving the counters and steamrolling Horde even with its 25% hp regen.

EzEight fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Oct 21, 2016

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
If you're in Goonamancer and a few goons are active in chat go ahead and start a raid. This is a mobile game and its not going to be easy to coordinate timezones.

With the way guild battles are its going to be unfair/dumb either way so my as well earn some Arc from it.

Beating one noob defender gives you a few thousand Arc. Thats a profit compared to stockpiling keys.

With 2 days till Arc payday go nuts and have fun while guild battles are still somewhat unbalanced. Screwing both parties over etc.

ALSO PLEASE DONATE COINS OUR NEXT LEVEL PERK IS 20% ARC CONVERSION.

Edit:guild name correction

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
I think speeding the game up is bugged as when I did that repeatedly the game got stuck at 10x speed and kept getting faster

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Helical Nightmares posted:

Lol. Did your phone approach light speed?

Its like playing the game on a Powerpoint slide. No animations what so ever.

Aredna posted:

For things that do matter in game: you can pause and retreat at any time

See your dude is about to die while going for a 3*? Retreat and try again

Get a lovely dude to borrow for your 4th? Retreat and go again

No cost of any sort except the short amount of time it takes to restart

I actually keep refreshing the game like this to get suitable henchman to 3 star Horde.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
The problem is he doesn't grow during slugging matches.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Aredna posted:

Speaking of which - what Henchmen are people mostly wanting to see?
For Horde and hard stages what I need is units that GIVE one of your units stealth to avoid going into the next wave and getting your support wasted due to RNG skills.

Miogi skill2 and Mekaten skill2 fill the role.

Healers are also good with a Helle/growing attacker you can either bring a healer to grind bosses or bring extra firepower with the spare slot.

Stars don't really matter on healers/utility heroes(stealth) as tanks will soak up the damage. So to new players the easiest way to be chosen is to put a healer up.

Stars do matter for attackers and tanks so veteran should put their best.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
this is why you need growing attackers.

Just use my Helle and save yourself the trouble

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Last weeks Reapers Scythe.

Every attack heals 30% max hp, with double attack it procs twice.

gently caress the Horde silence bug cost me the match, the attacking unit doesn't get the silence removed. Not going to be passing stage 20 with such a glaring bug.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Top contributor in Goonamancer.
460 ARC, well that sucks.

We need an indicator to tell when people last logged in.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Aredna posted:

That was at 10% still. We didn't hit 20% yet.

But I didn't see anything about the payout pop up? At 11000 it should have been 440/person if I'm recalling correctly that it gets split evenly among everyone in guild.

Where did you all see the contribution ranking at?
It pops up the first time you enter Syndicate. A ranking list.

I don't mind an even split as we are all goons but lack of activity is pretty evident.

In my last pubbie guild I got 800+ arc and I was ranked 10+

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Soonmot posted:

Working on beating level 20 and have just enough arc to capture the horde if I manage to win.

Not going to bother with this, the stage is easy but the silence skill has a bug that doesn't wear off if a unit is the attacker. Really pissed me off when it happened.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

overseer07 posted:

It's not just attackers. Twice I've cruised through with Horde/Jenny/Baba/Orlok and got hung up on the boss. This last time both Orlok and Jenny were perma-silenced.

Holy crap thats horrible.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Just the Med pack daily map 10.

Other maps have more reasonable setups. The chain locks are total bs.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

the_steve posted:

I'm seriously starting to dislike this game. What's the point of bringing a defender if every loving wave has a skill capable of ignoring them and taking out your healer or damage dealers?

The annoying thing is how they arbitrarily make the later maps have enemies with levels higher than yours. Normal stages aren't supposed to be challenging they are supposed to be time sinks, event are where you taunt players for being weak.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Exmond posted:

I contacted support and you have to manually transfer leadership via a weird way. Who wanted to be lead

Edit: Xian, can you PM me?

I'm up to be guild leader, at the moment I'm just burned out and doing dailys.

Not sure if I can PM you as I don't have that SA upgrade or SA mobile app doesn't give that option.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
I'm gonna pass if I have to start emailing people for a mobile game. If anyone wants to become guild leader please go ahead.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
XianxiaEzeight

Anyone finding Baron Somalia good? Thoughts?

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Exmond posted:

Exmond hur de hur...

Any tips on Baron stage 15? My standard setup of Earth defender,mage,mage isn't working since the worst wave has fire attacker and Ms NG, who makes my defender useless.

Are you using salts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

overseer07 posted:

Also, everyone is aware that force quitting a losing battle instead of retreating (or finishing the battle) allows you to re-enter the game as though that battle hadn't happened, right?

This includes Raid battles.

This would have been useful last event, had I known.

Wht is Barons second item after the signet ring?

• Locked thread