Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Joining Lowtaxed as Stigrbrand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

So, are the Halloween monsters actually in the summon pool yet? I'm sitting on some gems because I love me some Halloween and want to get some themed monsters, but all I'm seeing on the list are the same handful like Jenny and Eustace.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Ok, how do I get into the event? All I'm seeing is Story mode maps, it isn't giving me an option to do any seasonal stuff.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

boy are my arms tired posted:

you might need to check for an update on the store, for some reason until i closed the game it didn't let me know an update was available but i could still play

you'll know it's working when you log in, you'll get an offer for a sam hain + obsidian pack for like 10 dollerydoos, and the event dungeon will be in the lower left corner of your story mode map with a bright flashing new tag on it

Ah, the problem was I was too low leveled. Once I hit 15, it let me see the event.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

FastestGunAlive posted:

I don't like how enemy follow on waves get to attack first. I feel like the player should keep the initiative. Especially since we are limited to four monsters.

I hate when they get to spam their abilities.
Why yes, use the aoe physical attack every single turn without fail while I'm still trying to unfreeze my goddamn blocks.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

My Helle is weak. Well, under evolved. That's the biggest problem with me right now. I think Duul, Sam Hain and Kid Tut are the only ones I have at 4stars, everyone else is 3 tops. I really need more units, but I'm trying to stock the Halloween cards first. And I don't think that's even happening because I can't 3 star the stages.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Well drat. I didn't realize you could clear a level with zero stars. I figured 1 was the minimum.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

boy are my arms tired posted:

Yeah I feel like there's not enough people playing to warrant two guilds anymore, I think only half of Lowtaxed even plays if the top three are any indicator.

E: yeah hilarity and I are the only level 30+ players, 2/3 are still below 15 which means they aren't playing, and the rest are low to mid 20s

In my defense, I only started like a week ago.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I've had that happen a number of times to me too. Duul or Jersey Devil will have their taunt skills up, and the enemy will say "lol, no" and one shot Kid Tut.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I'm seriously starting to dislike this game. What's the point of bringing a defender if every loving wave has a skill capable of ignoring them and taking out your healer or damage dealers?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Exmond posted:

Agreed. I think its a bug, with skills being thought of as an "attack"? Any idea if it works when the player is attacking?

No idea. My monster collection is pretty sparse, and I don't think I have anyone who can lock down enemy units to circumvent a taunt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Honestly, at this point, the characters and the puzzle aspect are all I like. I hate that subsequent waves get a free sucker punch at you if you don't clear them with a skill, since they invariably manage to one shot whoever they attack, I hate that I have fuckall options for trying to evolve my monsters to more useful forms, I hate that they get to spam crazy powerful super moves every single turn when it takes two solid board clears just for me to give Sam Hain a single sweep attack, and again, I hate that they completely nullify the concept of a tank by giving the AI a way to ignore it.

They definitely need to make some changes.

• Locked thread