Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
I don't mean "oh yeah we were hanging out a bit after hours and had a brew" or "yeah we had to come in on a weekend so we brought a six-pack to help ease the time".

I don't even mean "lol we got margaritas at lunch and came back a bit buzzed" big whoop who cares.

I mean straight-up "it's 10 AM, I hate this company, the rear end in a top hat owners just dumped another shitshow project on us; gently caress this" pulling out a bottle of liquor from your bottom desk drawer and pouring some into your mug. On more than one occasion I remember thinking "drat, I wish I could have another drink, but if I do I won't be sober to drive home at quittin' time." It was a lot of fun and actually usually did make the day go by a lot better, especially if there was stupid bullshit the bosses were dumping on us.

Over the course of about a year and a half I managed to drain about two fifths of Knob Creek whiskey at work, although a little of that was shared with others around Christmastime when I brought in a carton of eggnog that I shared and discreetly offered to 'spice up' for some of my work buddies.

Aside from the delighted responses to the eggnog, nobody ever commented (that I heard about). I'm glad I have that memory but I hope I don't have another job where I would want to get drunk on the clock.

I don't work there any more, because they closed the office after years of making lovely business decisions.

Share your work drinking stories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
My boss downs three gin and tonics a day on his lunch break, comes back and writes some pretty decent copy.

My co-workers hate it but I don't care, it gets the job done.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Over the course of about a year and a half I managed to drain about two fifths of Knob Creek whiskey at work, although a little of that was shared with others around Christmastime when I brought in a carton of eggnog that I shared and discreetly offered to 'spice up' for some of my work buddies.

Whoa, got a hardcore drinker here. Putting down a bottle every 9 months.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I've never been drunk at any of my jobs, but my friend has a whole process before he goes to work.

He smokes a few bowls of weed, takes a few shots of whiskey (usually mount gay), and takes a Xanax before heading to work.

How he is still alive after years of doing this I will never understand.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
yes i used to drink and get high on the clock pretty much every single shift but i am a cook so im not sure if that counts

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

having been an dyed in the wool, on-the-dark-downhill-highway-to-suicide alcoholic, it's nice to hear the "wild and irresponsible" stories of normal moderate drinkers, because when someone was like "man, this one time, i drank to get through my day it was a seriously dark period of my life and im glad it's over" it really grants perspective on all the times i was home alone watching tv and drank until i poo poo myself even though i didn't want to drink at all

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
i worked the overnight at circle k for a while and yeah i'd drink a fifth of that higher proof smirnoff with blueberry red bulls every night out of one of those big 44oz cups we sold

my boss was cool with it, he was mormon and had a lil amish lookin chinstrap beard but he was nice and used to give me his whole roxy script each month because his back felt better but his doc kept prescribing them

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Gatekeeper posted:

i worked the overnight at circle k for a while and yeah i'd drink a fifth of that higher proof smirnoff with blueberry red bulls every night out of one of those big 44oz cups we sold

my boss was cool with it, he was mormon and had a lil amish lookin chinstrap beard but he was nice and used to give me his whole roxy script each month because his back felt better but his doc kept prescribing them

that sounds more my speed

bing_commander
Aug 14, 2009

In other news..
I'm Above The Influencetm

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
oh and i used to shoot heroin in the bathroom every couple of hours whilst managing a fashionable hipster clothing store but they kinda frowned upon drinking on the job there so it was just a few shooters of fireball from time to time

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I love to suck dick in the shed

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I love to suck dick in the shed

Guess it's one of the perks of working at home.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

never, because me and my coworkers operate delicate heavy machinery and it would probably result in deaths

nice office job tho op!

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

OMGVBFLOL posted:

having been an dyed in the wool, on-the-dark-downhill-highway-to-suicide alcoholic, it's nice to hear the "wild and irresponsible" stories of normal moderate drinkers, because when someone was like "man, this one time, i drank to get through my day it was a seriously dark period of my life and im glad it's over" it really grants perspective on all the times i was home alone watching tv and drank until i poo poo myself even though i didn't want to drink at all

Same except for the making GBS threads part.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I want to drink most days but I think it's due to crushing boredom and depression rather than alcoholism. I dunno though

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I've got such a mountain of debt I'd be totally hosed if I got fired for drunkeness; and it'd probably make it tougher to get another job. I did do stuff like that in college though. :shrug:

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
One night when I was much younger I had an all night bender finishing around 5am. I woke up on the lounge still drunk realising I had to go to work at 11am. Spent the day trying to not feel so drunk.

I think that was the night I got with my ex wife.

I make terrible decisions.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
I used to snort percocets five at a time in the bathroom, does that count?

Laurenz
Dec 21, 2015

They call him little janny hotpockets. He was terrific, he was the best, and he did it for free too.
Never, but sometimes I had long nights out the previous day and arrived at work still drunk from that night.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

i was pretty deep in the bottle a few years ago and it got to the point where id get to work buzzed and go into the bathroom to dry heave before i started my shift. at that time when i was finished id pour out half of my water bottle into the sink and fill the rest with vodka i kept in my backpack, then id drink it throughout the day otherwise id get the shakes

it didnt last long because on my way home from work some dude crashed into my car and of course i smelled like alcohol so when the cops came they breathalyzed me and arrested me

as i was waiting in the back of the police car they decided to search my car and found like 30 empty handles of vodka in my trunk

long story short i was charged with dwi but since the cops never actually saw me driving the charge was dropped. i havent had a drink since and its probably for the best

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
i literally worked in a bar

and now i teach a wine class so technically i'm getting paid to drink booze

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
also wine sucks and it's just me bullshitting people and saying poo poo like "what do you smell on the nose? hints of acai berry or maybe currant?" and then collecting my $100 and peaceing out, it owns

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

a bone to pick posted:

takes a few shots of whiskey (usually mount gay),

That's rum

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Does getting blazed count? Because we used to go in the back of the truck and light one up when a customer was really bad.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Teikanmi posted:

also wine sucks and it's just me bullshitting people and saying poo poo like "what do you smell on the nose? hints of acai berry or maybe currant?" and then collecting my $100 and peaceing out, it owns

I always thought I was cursed because I can't even drink a whole glass of red wine without getting flushed and uncomfortable but after a few wine tastings I'm kinda glad I never got into it.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Gatekeeper posted:

Gas station job was the best job. I used to pour quart into a foam cup every night after the lottery closed (10pm) as that's when business died down, then just boozed until we closed at 12pm.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Saw a guy doing that actually

11am, covertly pulling out a bottle of some sort of liquor

Fired on the spot

Fuken idiot

Sued employer, lost

GG

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
At my job, no, never.

At my hobby, which is drat near a job at times, all the loving time.

Sometimes it's a requirement as I do beer reviews from time to time.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

VendaGoat posted:

At my job, no, never.

At my hobby, which is drat near a job at times, all the loving time.

Sometimes it's a requirement as I do beer reviews from time to time.

More like queer reviews am I right?

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Do you get paid for these reviews? I wanna get paid to make poo poo up about beer.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Bum the Sad posted:

Do you get paid for these reviews? I wanna get paid to make poo poo up about beer.

No.

Sometimes people make donations to charity in my name though. They get a tax break, a charity gets money and I get beer.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Sorta. I wasn't at work but on the clock at a professional conference.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
Nope, booze just depresses the poo poo out of me, but I spent about four years daily consuming crystal meth before, during and after work. Best years of my life, except for the last one which was a living hell, but ya can't win 'em all, right?

:shepicide:

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
I am also an alcoholic

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks
No, but one time I was up past 10:00 baking pie so I was really tired the next morning so I had THREE cups of coffee! It was pretty wild. I kept needing to pee and my hands were all shaking but I was crazy productive.

Since that day I quit caffeine cold turkey. I still think about my time at rock bottom when when I see that coffee pot and that little voice says "just one cup." Just say no, kids!

client
Aug 19, 2010

in college i worked a lovely job at a concessions stand for the women's basketball games and im pretty sure i never once was sober there

no one on earth goes to women's basketball games so it really didnt matter though

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
I think the real question is who else has gotten a boob job up on the zed?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Chrs Gry posted:

That's rum

Oh, I'm not a big drinker but that's what he drinks.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
what kind of red commie bitch works a taxed job and contributes to social programs that directly interfere with and eventually destroy the free market?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Whoa, got a hardcore drinker here. Putting down a bottle every 9 months.

edit; efb

• Locked thread