Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

tweet my meat posted:

God I'm so glad I gave this show a chance. I thought it was just gonna be some stupid edgy fighting anime from the thumbnails, not time travelling warlords vs Tolkien's Fourth Reich.

I'll watch this series all the way through solely for each time Nobunaga manages to work his way up another step of the history of firearms development and gives some weird, offputting smile in response.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Another pretty good episode. I was wondering what Rasputin's power was going to end up being. Nobunaga's smiles keep getting better and better. Whoever's doing Hannibal has some surprisingly decent Latin pronunciations.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Phobophilia posted:

also why the hell arent the ends trying to build gunpowder weapons of their own?

If I had to take a guess, they probably just don't have anyone who can do it. The Elves made a big ado about how only the Dwarves are good enough smiths to create copies of Nobunaga's musket, and the goblins/kobolds under the Black King are just barely starting primitive agriculture and metalworking.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

HerraS posted:

why the gently caress would you waste your time figuring out how to make gunpowder when there are hundreds of beautiful elf boys to molest get to know?

Yeah. He seems to be completely 100% out for himself and avaricious to the extreme. I wouldn't be surprised if he was just waiting for someone else to come along to pulp the Orte Empire so he could pull the same "sell out the country for a good deal" scheme, and if that's the case, why bother working to create something that's directly benefit the long-term survival of Orte?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Pretty good for a season finale. Had a good laugh at Toyoshi and Hijikata devolving into a fistfight and the dwarfs and ghosts both watching with a real, "Man, these guys, huh?" look. Surprise appearance by Mitsuhide at the end! Here's hoping for a Season 2 sometime next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

If nothing else, I'm enjoying learning little bits of Japanese history/folklore that I hadn't heard much about before.

Hoping we'll get an OST, soon. The music in this show is completely legit, but there's only been two tracks released so far.

• Locked thread