Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
drifters seem to have still had hope up to the instant they would have died while ends are full of despair and hate everything. i dunno where the super powers ends get come into it, though.

but yeah, it is probably a lot easier to keep hope for the future when you are trying to survive than during a public execution.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Uhhhh what about the Octobrists

they are there so the drifters don't all wander around on their own, unable to communicate. the story needed something to fill that role, and magicians do it well enough.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
even if everything else was lousy (it's not), i'd still watch this show just for the murderfaces.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they rallied behind what is essentially an unusually tall dwarf with a fixation on decapitation. the elves are all incredibly far out of their comfort zones and they aren't going back any time soon, so they don't have a chance to be assholes like elves in most stories.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
drifters ultimate

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
saint-germi was a chemist in a time and place where gunpowder was common. he might not have known the specifics of how to mass-produce it like nobunaga, but he should have known the basic concept and he had like 50 years to experiment. i dunno, maybe he used all that time exclusively for governing and hedonism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
confucianism is pretty good at keeping peasants docile and pretty bad at everything else

• Locked thread