Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I don't know what this story is about, but it looks like fun from the first two episodes! As long as it doesn't get too melodramatic and stays fast-paced, I'm looking forward to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

This show is good fun. I wish they had a little more variety for their psychopath faces though. There's only so many faces with giant smiles and bulging eyes one can be exposed to before it loses its effect.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Sharkopath posted:

This eppie reminded me of something that got brought up in the comic but hasn't been explored yet, that even though its a bit obvious who the black king is supposed to be, he might just be lying.

Mainly because the level of tactics and strategy used by the black king army is very very advanced stuff, adaptions of modern arms and communication strategy that weren't used when any of the lieutenants were alive, so where'd that come from...

Oh no please tell me this thread isn't getting Godwined.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Sharkopath posted:

It's just one throwaway line of one character questioning if he really is who he says he is, on account of the air rappelling troops bit, which implies it was his idea

The anime definitely won't cover it but it's an interesting idea that the comic might touch again in the future.

So it's Mr. T?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Amstrad posted:

So I'm in the middle of episode 4 and see this and have at this point made the assumption that the Black King is Jesus. Which really would piss off some folks if true.

Yeah, it's pretty obvious that that's what they're aiming for. They should have gone for Muhammad.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

This latest episode was a definite slowdown from the pace of the last few.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Command Ant posted:

There was a bit of French Cancan hidden in the music when Nobunaga and the elves were attacking the cavalry in the woods.

I caught that too. I found myself wishing they kept it for more of the fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

lmao the next episode title is Baba Yetu (Civ 4's theme)

It's not only the Civ 4 theme, but the lyrics are the Lord's Prayer in Swahili. I imagine Black Jesus will play a big role in the next episode.

• Locked thread