Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Drifters is like what happened if Fate/Stay Night and Overlord had a baby and it's made by Hirano Kohta, aka the guy who did Hellsing, aka one of the most badass manga made!!!

After being mortally wounded in the battle of Sekigahara, psycho samurai Toyohisa Shimazu finds himself on a bright hallway and finds a bureaucrat called Murasaki that sends him to a fantasy world. There he joins other "Drifters", famous people from human history such as Oda Nobunaga, Nasu Yoichi, Scipio the African, Hannibal and Billy the Kid. They oppose the both the human supremacist empire set by the descendants of Adolf Hitler and the Ends, historical figures led by Our Lord And Savior: Jesus Christ who have raised an army of monsters to kill all of man/dwarf/elvenkind.

Drifters is airing on Funimation and Crunchyroll every Friday!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

This thread is for psychos only. gtfo

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

K. Flaps posted:

Yeah, it's more like the dark atmosphere of Death Note mixed with the amazing action of Sword Art Online. Hop in!

Sharkopath posted:

It's Dark Souls crossed with the Aeneid mixed with a Little Bit of Mambo No. 5, and this gamer is definitely ready.

So this is what happens when Bad meets Evil.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Endorph posted:

it's the dark souls of fate/stay night vcr tapes mixed with breaking bad overlord sword art online has with dragon ball z sengoku basara basilisk and rurouni kenshin with a splash of madoka magica deconstruction AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA in solitude, where we are least alone

I'll break your spine just like you broke the tables. Die!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pewdiepie posted:

This is an anime? I thought it was a manga. Looks like I have some epic watchery ahead of me.

The manga got an anime this season.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sharkopath hosed around with this message at Oct 19, 2016 around 01:58

Sharkopath hosed around with this message at Oct 19, 2016 around 01:59

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

HerraS posted:

drifters owns and the main big bad is the best big bad concept in animu history

I like that his motivation is the old "humanity is way too corrupt" but his solution is just making sure that the species that replace humanity won't be corrupted as well.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

I wish either the translation teams had kept up with it or dark horse actually was releasing it (its been two years) cause I really like drifters and want to see where the story is at now.

There was a release two months ago? I assumed the problem was with Hirano who had scheduling problems with Hellsing too.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The weird rear end use of modern tactics like battlefield communication with talismans, binoculars for scouting and paradropping troops via dragon by the ENDs monster army ftw

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Big Boner Stacy posted:

Oh no please tell me this thread isn't getting Godwined.

That person is a drifter but it's NOT the Black King

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Uhhhh what about the Octobrists

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Zetsubou-san posted:

The World Without Logos is such a cool song.

This. The OVA has a lot of cool rear end music too though.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

lmao the next episode title is Baba Yetu (Civ 4's theme)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

They made Yoichi too drat sexy.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

tweet my meat posted:

Yeah, dragon meat isn't all that useful for someone who can already create infinite food. Come to think of it neither is the dragon since he can just copy the scales.

King's power doesn't work on inorganic substances so he just speeds up Bronze's cancer so he can keep growing more scales. hosed up!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Orcs were the pig men, I guess those are Goblins or Lizardmen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Phobophilia posted:

pretty sure those line troops were goblins

which is strange, the shinsengumi are cops, they sure as hell should know that you dont urban fight with spears. and if you are forced to, you chop them in half

also why the hell arent the ends trying to build gunpowder weapons of their own?

They actually address that later

• Locked thread