Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I really did enjoy how the fighter pilot got a ptsd flashback of his town getting carpet bombed by american planes from the dragons setting the fortress ablaze. That seemed to be good enough motivation to want to want to kill a few dragon riders as a way to get revenge against an enemy you can't ever hope to defeat.

Though I am a little sad that Hirano decided to nerf his gunmen by making it so their bullet supply is hard to come by.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Phobophilia posted:

im just glad there's tension! dramatic conflict! ingenuity! in this medieval tech vs supply-isolated 20th century tech story

I'm glad we're going to see some nam style fights with the elves.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

drifters seem to have still had hope up to the instant they would have died while ends are full of despair and hate everything. i dunno where the super powers ends get come into it, though.

but yeah, it is probably a lot easier to keep hope for the future when you are trying to survive than during a public execution.

Because Hirano wants a war of tech vs magic powers.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Elf 'nam

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

ninjewtsu posted:

Yeah it fits I just wasn't sure how that image was indicative of jesus

I know now though! Makes me pretty hype

So the Manga has been going for like 5 years right? And the pvs showed material up to recent Manga updates? So, is the point we're at ~halfway through the manga? Did they cut a lot of material, or is the Manga actually just that slow? It doesn't feel like a ton has happened, for 2.5 years of manga progress

Maybe I'm just unfamiliar with manga pacing since I almost never read them

Author is notorious for inconsistent updates, especially compared to his peers. Honestly the pacing to me seems very similar to Hellsing's pacing. Where the whole of things is very brief but the time it takes to get there is a while. Yes the pacing is a bit slow, like this entire arc of them holding an elf revolt will go on for a good while until the next big arc comes along. I think at this point of the manga at the very latest issue, it is at the beginning of the third arc. Should this season stay in the 11-13 ep length, I'm positive that they'll either kick up the pace to catch up to the manga or will probably finish before they even get there.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I'm starting to think Murasaki is a POS.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

At this pace this siege of the Orte capital is going to be the season finale. From what I know of the series production this season took a long while to make, so if another season is ever to be greenlit, it'll be years down the line.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Phobophilia posted:

my guess is the black king wants to freeze technological development of the non-human races at a pre-gunpowder stage for his endgame. so that's why he uses so many top-heavy technologies to gain a military advantage, like talisman command structures, or dragon whelp taming. once he and the rest of the ends are removed from existence, the non-human races will revert to a peaceful agrarian society. it will, of course, fail: those other races will make the same mistakes as humans and demihumans, and perform the same atrocities upon one another. i mean, they're even doing it right now

actually if you want to look at a fairly stable post-musket agrarian society, edo japan would be a good contender, ignore the fact that it was enforced with brutal one-sided violence

Eh they'll probably do some grand scale magic poo poo that mentally reinforces an agrarian society in all monster races or something along those lines. I don't think Kouta Hirano would make the end of this manga a "villain wins war but goal was in vain." sort of thing.

Annointed fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Dec 19, 2016

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Tatsujin posted:

Calling it now that the end of the manga will reveal that this is all a military history simulation thread on some future VR 2ch and its all just some dumb argument between Murasaki and EASY. I wouldn't put it past Hirano.

"Joan of Arc can totally beat Shimazu."
"Shimazu wouldn't lose to her."
"Nuh uh she has fire powers so Shimazu loses"
"Well shimazu has a sorceress with stone wall making powers to block the fire"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Phobophilia posted:

theres a case that yi is also an ends candidate because while he died a hero, it was after years of betrayal by the joseon court and after his carefully managed navy was squandered by politically-appointed incompetents

And people wonder why modern scholars tend to poo poo on confucianism.

• Locked thread