Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

With every team at .500 or above, the NFC East is ready to shed Clownball status. Two of the most exciting rookie QBs are lighting it up in Dallas and Philadelphia. Discuss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Eli Manning is the worst quarterback in the best division and at this point I'm a bit shook about the Eagles.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Seems like they deserve even more primetime games imo

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I'm the Washington point differential.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I'm not sure I want to live in a world where the Cowboys aren't going 8-8, I'm predicting a 3-7 finish to the season.

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

I'll be pleasantly surprised if the Giants make it out above .500

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

panascope posted:

I'm not sure I want to live in a world where the Cowboys aren't going 8-8, I'm predicting a 3-7 finish to the season.

Your mouth to God's ears

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
:smug:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Intruder please change the thread title to the AFC South is the best division in football

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Febreeze posted:

This but unironic... wait, you weren't being ironic, were you?

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Metapod posted:

Intruder please change the thread title to the AFC South is the best division in football

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I hope for this thread to lead to some good discussion between fans of NFCE teams.

Is Washington's win streak going to continue? And what's been the driving factor? Seems like their defense is winning games, but they haven't beaten anyone impressive outside of the division. The Steelers, who have been stomped by the Eagles and the Dolphins, handled them easily.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

blue squares posted:

I hope for this thread to lead to some good discussion between fans of NFCE teams.

Is Washington's win streak going to continue? And what's been the driving factor? Seems like their defense is winning games, but they haven't beaten anyone impressive outside of the division. The Steelers, who have been stomped by the Eagles and the Dolphins, handled them easily.

Lol this is the NFC east gently caress everyone else in the division

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Febreeze posted:

Agreed

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Febreeze posted:

Lol this is the NFC east gently caress everyone else in the division

Agreed

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I mean just lmao if you are an NFC east fan and don't want the other 3 teams to die in hellfire

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
The Giants are the new Cardinals.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Febreeze posted:

I mean just lmao if you are an NFC east fan and don't want the other 3 teams to die in hellfire

I mean, it's true, but I want for the Cowboys to die last so as to spend the maximum amount of time in the maximum amount of agony.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Febreeze posted:

Washington may not be at quota yet

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Febreeze posted:

The giants and eagles and Washington should all do this, agreed

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
I see we didn't have enough joke threads active.

Sarah Problem
Sep 24, 2002

Because, if you confess with your mouth that Witten is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved

https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/status/787799277934219264 lol

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I hope we get a chance to see this division on television!

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Zoran posted:

The giants and eagles and Washington should all do this, agreed

The Cowboys should GTFO and we could re-align geographically with the Patriots.

edit: loving expansion team.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Make the NFL Ugh Division and give them all the SNF games.

Patriots
Steelers
Cowboys
Seahawks

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
For content, here is Jimmy Kempski's dumpster fire series, which is not looking very prophetic atm:

Cowboys: http://www.phillyvoice.com/10-reasons-cowboys-will-be-dumpster-fire-season-2016/
Redskins: http://www.phillyvoice.com/10-reasons-redskins-will-be-dumpster-fire-season-2016/
Eagles: http://www.phillyvoice.com/10-reasons-eagles-will-be-dumpster-fire-season-2016/
Giants: http://www.phillyvoice.com/10-reasons-giants-will-be-dumpster-fire-season-2016/

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

blue squares posted:

It's hard to say. They completely owned the Eagles defense today, without Reed. But Kirk Cousins always looks great against the Eagles, and of course Jackson always turns into a try-hard for the day.

I doubt Washington's domination of the Eagles' rookie 5th round draft pick RT in his first start will be predictive of their play against other teams.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Pretty sure you need to have the best team to qualify for the best division.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

NotWearingPants posted:

I doubt Washington's domination of the Eagles' rookie 5th round draft pick RT in his first start will be predictive of their play against other teams.

The Skins have won 4 in a row, literally nothing they can do will make people believe they can play good ball, but w/e

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

OxySnake posted:

Pretty sure you need to have the best team to qualify for the best division.

The Cowboys have 1 less win than the Vikings :shrug:

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
the nfc east has always been the best division and always will

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
I think the NFC East will send 3 playoff teams for the first time since 2008 (or was it 2009?)

Febreeze posted:

I used to hate the Cowboys the most because gently caress The Cowboys but then Eli Manning stole Donovan McNabb's spot in the Hall of Fame and now I live in DC where every mouthbreather thinks Dan Snyder is a genius and they're going to the Super Bowl every April.

I honestly don't know which team I hate the most anymore.

axeil fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Oct 17, 2016

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

actually the nfc east has inflated records due to facing the notably poor afc north division

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

the nfc east has always been the best division and always will

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

axeil posted:

in DC where every mouthbreather thinks Dan Snyder is a genius and they're going to the Super Bowl every April.

Wait what? They'll never win a super bowl with dan snyder at the helm.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

literally nobody in dc thinks dan snyder is a genius or a good person. maybe some virginians do but gently caress em

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

romanowski posted:

literally nobody in dc thinks dan snyder is a genius or a good person. maybe some virginians do but gently caress em

I work in Virginia :negative:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I hope Eli Manning's loving head explodes on the field during pre-game warmups in front of his children and some of his brains gets on his children.

e: does he have kids? if not, then his wife.

ego symphonic
Feb 23, 2010

romanowski posted:

literally nobody in dc thinks dan snyder is a genius or a good person.

I won't dispute that the Skins' fanbase is among the worst, stupidest fanbases in all of pro sports but absolutely no one thinks this. Not even the dumbest 980 caller who just wants to COMMIT TO RUNNIN THE drat BALL. Hating Dan Snyder is quite possibly the only point of consensus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

ego symphonic posted:

I won't dispute that the Skins' fanbase is among the worst, stupidest fanbases in all of pro sports but absolutely no one thinks this. Not even the dumbest 980 caller who just wants to COMMIT TO RUNNIN THE drat BALL. Hating Dan Snyder is quite possibly the only point of consensus.

There are quite a few skins fans that like Snyder because he "isn't afraid to open the checkbook and bring talent to town" so yeah, you are pretty right that the skins fanbase is largely full of morons

• Locked thread