Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ego symphonic
Feb 23, 2010

Gynecolojustice posted:

There are quite a few skins fans that like Snyder because he "isn't afraid to open the checkbook and bring talent to town" so yeah, you are pretty right that the skins fanbase is largely full of morons

I haven't heard a single person make that argument in earnest since the Haynesworth deal but we can agree on the big picture :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

paging pop dog

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I legitimately loving hate every team in this division, including my own (mostly). Romo is overrated and unclutch trash. Eli is a donkey brained mouth breather who is literally only good at lucking into wins in the superbowl. Kirk Cousins has duped a bunch of people who think using a racist slur for a nickname is a good idea into thinking that he is good, despite the fact that his average yards pg against even competent teams is like 180 lol.

Philly is great and Carson Wentz owns and is already the best QB in the division, but he'll never win a SB with Philly because I am doomed to be miserable for my entire life.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
look, I hate the Cowboys and the Redskins. who doesn't. but Kirk Cousins, despite beating the Eagles yesterday, isn't anything. certainly nothing to get upset about. let him enjoy his 15 minutes before he becomes a perennial journeyman backup, switching teams every other offseason. Tony Romo proved to be a fun punching bag to start his career, and even when we play the Cowboys now (assuming he's healthy) I can respect him for dragging that garbage team to relevance from 2008-2013 by himself, sacrificing his body in the process. while I wish them nothing but losses, there are players who are likeable on each team. I can enjoy watching a Dez Bryant highlight, or a DeAngelo Hall picking off Cutler four times in one game.

but. The Giants. Eli Manning is hot piss-marinated garbage that has also been sous-vided in piss. he's a legit average QB at best, but he's still got two superbowls and will walk into the hall of fame. despite him occasionally being a turnover machine or the fact that in 2007 he played like poo poo all the way through the playoffs, I cannot find any solace or balm in his foibles and failures. he is anathema, he is the enemy, and I will take joy in his demise. also everyone else who has ever been on the team is bad.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

At least he killed the Patriots.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
you mean he prevented cool guys like Randy Moss and Chad Johnson from getting rings. even in his successes he was a failure.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

indigi posted:

look, I hate the Cowboys and the Redskins. who doesn't. but Kirk Cousins, despite beating the Eagles yesterday, isn't anything. certainly nothing to get upset about. let him enjoy his 15 minutes before he becomes a perennial journeyman backup, switching teams every other offseason. Tony Romo proved to be a fun punching bag to start his career, and even when we play the Cowboys now (assuming he's healthy) I can respect him for dragging that garbage team to relevance from 2008-2013 by himself, sacrificing his body in the process. while I wish them nothing but losses, there are players who are likeable on each team. I can enjoy watching a Dez Bryant highlight, or a DeAngelo Hall picking off Cutler four times in one game.

but. The Giants. Eli Manning is hot piss-marinated garbage that has also been sous-vided in piss. he's a legit average QB at best, but he's still got two superbowls and will walk into the hall of fame. despite him occasionally being a turnover machine or the fact that in 2007 he played like poo poo all the way through the playoffs, I cannot find any solace or balm in his foibles and failures. he is anathema, he is the enemy, and I will take joy in his demise. also everyone else who has ever been on the team is bad.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Metapod posted:

Intruder please change the thread title to the AFC South is the best division in football

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

It's easy to look good when you beat up on noted worst division in football the AFC North.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'm cautiously optimistic about the cowboys this year. :unsmith:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

sup guys what's going on in here

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

i certainly wouldn't argue that diehard redskins fans aren't among the dumbest people on the face of the planet for a variety of reasons

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Redskins fans are poopy.
Giants fans are poopy.
Cowboys fans are REAAAAAALLLY poopy.

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

89 posted:

Cowboys fans are REAAAAAALLLY poopy.

everyone always poo poo on god's favorite team

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
Dallas has the 2 best qbs in the division and it's not even close.

Every NFCE game should be in prime time broadcast on every channel all over the world.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

TeeMerk posted:

Dallas has the 2 best qbs in the division and it's not even close.

Every NFCE game should be in prime time broadcast on every channel all over the world.

Not a chance. Wentz is already the best QB in the division. Don't be confused because Dallas has the better supporting cast.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Romo and Dak are a combined 5-1 this year, truth don't lie.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Throw Wentz behind the Cowboys o-line and....:wow:

Dak can suck it.

But don't get your hopes up. HE'S OURS FOREVERRRRRRRR

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

After all their years of suffering the Eagles have finally landed the kind of quarterback they've always wanted, the whitest man on earth.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

General Dog posted:

After all their years of suffering the Eagles have finally landed the kind of quarterback they've always wanted, the whitest man on earth.

But Nick Foles isn't on the team anymore?

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

axeil posted:

I think the NFC East will send 3 playoff teams for the first time since 2008 (or was it 2009?)

I used to hate the Cowboys the most because gently caress The Cowboys but then Eli Manning stole Donovan McNabb's spot in the Hall of Fame and now I live in DC where every mouthbreather thinks Dan Snyder is a genius and they're going to the Super Bowl every April.

I honestly don't know which team I hate the most anymore.

I'm a Redskins fan and I don't know a single person who thinks Dan Snyder is a genius, or even a decent human being.

edit - ok that sentiment already was expressed several times. But it's true. Snyder is the plantars wart that no Skins fan can ever get rid of.

predicto fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Oct 18, 2016

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Wentz is cooler and better than Dak

And I hate them both

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

Febreeze posted:

Wentz is cooler and better than Dak

it's because wentz is white isn't it?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Black QBs win the Super Bowl all the time.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

incompetent posted:

it's because wentz is white isn't it?

Both are overrated but Dak is super overrated because of the line and Zeke making it easy for him

Wentz is legit, Dak is just good at not loving it up

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Oct 18, 2016

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
I'm hoping that the Cowboys make Tony the back-up for the Browns game and then Tony comes in after a play :getin:

I wouldn't mind a two quarterback system. It would be interesting to see in the NFL.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Lote posted:

I wouldn't mind a two quarterback system. It would be interesting to see in the NFL.

Watch the Cleveland Miami game from this year. Cleveland is dabbling with it.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Lote posted:

I'm hoping that the Cowboys make Tony the back-up for the Browns game and then Tony comes in after a play :getin:

Him getting all the first team reps in practice might tip off the ruse

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Febreeze posted:

Both are overrated but Dak is super overrated because of the line and Zeke making it easy for him

Wentz is legit, Dak is just good at not loving it up

As we've learned countless times, it's really loving hard to find a quarterback who doesn't gently caress it up, I'll take it.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Lote posted:

Buddy Ryan had Jaworski play 1st and 2nd downs and Randall Cunningham would come in for 3rd down.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

NotWearingPants posted:

Buddy Ryan had Jaworski play 1st and 2nd downs and Randall Cunningham would come in for 3rd down.

I was 9 months old when this happened.

Flikken posted:

Watch the Cleveland Miami game from this year. Cleveland is dabbling with it.

I was in the end zone for the game. It was super entertaining. Also, I could see myself on ESPN for a split second when Cleveland shanked it wide left. I was sitting on the start of the end zone row.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

We are pretty lucky Febreeze is a Giants fan. Could you imagine this poo poo if he rooted for the Pats or Steelers? :barf:

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Chichevache posted:

We are pretty lucky Febreeze is a Giants fan. Could you imagine this poo poo if he rooted for the Pats or Steelers? :barf:

I didn't make that gif, sadly. There is a redditor on the Giants subreddit who makes really great gifs and this was his mona lisa

I did make this though

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I hate that so much I kind of love it.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

89 posted:

Black QBs win the Super Bowl all the time.

triggered

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Non-Cowboys NFCE teams fans: Do you think Romo should start and when? I've seen endless discussion amongst Dallas fans, but I'd like to hear from the other teams in the division.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I've been obnoxious in getting this point across in the GDTs, but in case you've forgotten, no, he shouldn't start. Let Dak play with the chemistry he's established and see what happens before going back to Romo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
As a non cowboys fan...start him immediately. Its week 7 so its about time you start to throw the season

• Locked thread