Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
There are some strange going-ons when it comes to Arthur, that should be fleshed out by the paragons of knowledge that is GBS.

Among the issues are

Why did Arthur's family have a pet?

Arthur was an aardvark, and some of his classmates were dogs. And yet here, we have Arthur with a pet dog.

Was Arthur illegally keeping people as his slave? Is there some form of indentured servitude in the Arthur universe?

Another issue to emerge is

Binky does not seem to be an actual bully.

Binky is portrayed as being a bully to some extent, however he is never actually seen being a bully, at least not in the episodes I've watched. He's actually a complex person with similar interests (arguably more cultured interests, with proof being his interest in the clarinet) to the rest of the group. However he is pigeonholed as being a bully. A part of this definitely seems to be based on class, so is he part of this indentured class of people that may possibly exist, as mentioned above?

Lastly, another issue is

What species is Buster's dad?

He shares some traits with a rabbit, however as one sees below, shares more traits with a human than a rabbit.

He almost looks like a human trying to pass himself off as a rabbit.

The latter issue brings up a more far sweeping discussion of just what is the Arthur universe? Is it some type of post-Doctor Moreau type future, where hybrid animals have taken over the planet? Is it some sort of alternate dimension? Who knows? :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
Wow I agree that maybe the dogs are a slaverace and they are discriminated against

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
People of different races cooperate and function in an american society without tension or violence due to systemic prejudice

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
gettin some for real furry vibes off the op here

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Why was Arthur punished for punching D.W.

That bitch deserved what she got for breaking his model plane that he told her not to touch

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Holy poo poo, what is the deal with Buster's dad

Drad_Bert
Jun 26, 2013

by Smythe
I told you to touch it

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Why was Arthur punished for punching D.W.

That bitch deserved what she got for breaking his model plane that he told her not to touch

for the good of the free world arthur cannot be allowed to develop an airforce

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I hated that show. It was like the anti-cartoon. I changed the channel immediately whenever I saw that stupid bear thing.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Arthur is in that Mr Rogers Neighborhood zone where I'll just have it on sometimes when I'm doing something adult and terrible. And not in the "sticking things up your butt sexually" way, I mean like "polishing my shoes" or "using the lint roller on woollens".

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

I hated that show. It was like the anti-cartoon. I changed the channel immediately whenever I saw that stupid bear thing.

god you're dumb

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Ranma Fan Art posted:

god you're dumb

I'm sorry I was much cooler than you even as a small child.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

dookifex_maximus posted:

Wow I agree that maybe the dogs are a slaverace and they are discriminated against

Bilbo Bellend
May 18, 2004

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Thank loving god somebody speaks the truth on these gently caress forsaken forums.
That show was the animated equivalent of "For Better Or For Worse."
Fuckin' Values.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1sFPDXEYT4

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Buster's dad was a spy infiltrating the world of hybrids when he fell in love with a rabbit & now must live a lie in order to continue the life he created with his beloved

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan

Kuato posted:

There are some strange going-ons when it comes to Arthur, that should be fleshed out by the paragons of knowledge that is GBS.

Among the issues are

Why did Arthur's family have a pet?

Arthur was an aardvark, and some of his classmates were dogs. And yet here, we have Arthur with a pet dog.

Was Arthur illegally keeping people as his slave? Is there some form of indentured servitude in the Arthur universe?

Another issue to emerge is

Binky does not seem to be an actual bully.

Binky is portrayed as being a bully to some extent, however he is never actually seen being a bully, at least not in the episodes I've watched. He's actually a complex person with similar interests (arguably more cultured interests, with proof being his interest in the clarinet) to the rest of the group. However he is pigeonholed as being a bully. A part of this definitely seems to be based on class, so is he part of this indentured class of people that may possibly exist, as mentioned above?

Lastly, another issue is

What species is Buster's dad?

He shares some traits with a rabbit, however as one sees below, shares more traits with a human than a rabbit.

The latter issue brings up a more far sweeping discussion of just what is the Arthur universe? Is it some type of post-Doctor Moreau type future, where hybrid animals have taken over the planet? Is it some sort of alternate dimension? Who knows? :shrug:

I could have sworn this said "Problems with the TV show Archer"

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Is that the one where the monkey is always trying to peer up the child's skirt? :shrug:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Bilbo Bellend posted:

Thank loving god somebody speaks the truth on these gently caress forsaken forums.
That show was the animated equivalent of "For Better Or For Worse."
Fuckin' Values.

I thought that was the actual fbofw cartoon

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

naem
May 29, 2011

It presented life as safe and very gentle which as an adult turns out not to be the case v disappointing

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kuato posted:

Jared Fogel escaped this unfair reality into a reality where furries rule. The ears were the only thing he could muster to pass himself off as one of the sick, sick, SICK animal people.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Someone post the completely unsettling Matt Damon character, thanks in advance.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

is this real?

Kosher Pickup Line
Jan 10, 2008

Hair Elf
A A R D VARK

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

symbolic posted:

Someone post the completely unsettling Matt Damon character, thanks in advance.

WHAT THE FLYING gently caress IS WITH THIS SHOW?

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

can someone please explain this ... half of a truck?

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

naem posted:

It presented life as safe and very gentle which as an adult turns out not to be the case v disappointing

I'm imagining a gritty realistic Arthur universe and it is an entertaining thought.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

what did arthur mean during the last three minutes of episode "the negroe solution"??

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i liked the race riot episode

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

hth posted:

i liked the race riot episode

Bunny lives matter

Drad_Bert
Jun 26, 2013

by Smythe
FLIP THE MEAT, FUCKERS!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

EVIL Gibson posted:

WHAT THE FLYING gently caress IS WITH THIS SHOW?

lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
im too old to have watched this show OP but im enjoying this analysis and gaining insight into the millennial origin story

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

can someone please explain this ... half of a truck?

Someone hosed up the animation so the frame was wider than it should have been.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
It always bugged me how they drew the characters with gaps in the line work, even when i was 10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

• Locked thread