Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

I remember that Tiny Toon one, it was dubbed and syndicated here. I vaguely remember Buster saying something in the beginning like "this episode is going to be serious guys" and makes a stern face towards viewer.

The one episode of Artur I remember watching with kids during my job as a substitute teacher (basically supervising kids for a few hours after school before parents pick them up) was about D.W. being scared of "suspicious" adults by one of her friends in school (?), and of course on the way back home she was passing every weirdo in Animaltown, but in the end she learned everybody was doing/saying something out of context and the morale was something akin to "not every adult is a child molester/kidnapper and people sometimes act weird" which was surprisingly fresh and rational for a sugar coated kiddie show
That's my Arthur: The Animated Series story, thank you for reading and hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
http://youtu.be/AlnyZR2BHjs

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Why was Arthur punished for punching D.W.

That bitch deserved what she got for breaking his model plane that he told her not to touch

he has a long-standing grudge against Germany's Die Welt newspaper for their commentary in his policies

they did indeed end his plans for a stealth plane, but beating the poo poo out of the editors and claiming that it was a model plane is preposterous

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe
I too find this show very problematic, very problematic indeed.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

my dad used to call me pal when I was a kid you know just as a cute pet name like parents do and then when my sister was 4 we got a new puppy a yellow lab white Shepherd cross and gosh he was a cute little fella. well Arthur's dog is named Pal you know and my sister just thought that was the best so she said well hey we should name this dog Pal wouldn't that be great and my parents just let her do whatever she wanted her entire life starting very early so Pal it was. goodbye pet name from my dad because well hey that's the dogs name now. my sister sucks is what I'm saying.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
he's a spy but his hard-drinking mom works for the same agency? It's just too much of a liability. I can't suspend my disbelief.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Ranma Fan Art posted:

my dad used to call me pal when I was a kid you know just as a cute pet name like parents do and then when my sister was 4 we got a new puppy a yellow lab white Shepherd cross and gosh he was a cute little fella. well Arthur's dog is named Pal you know and my sister just thought that was the best so she said well hey we should name this dog Pal wouldn't that be great and my parents just let her do whatever she wanted her entire life starting very early so Pal it was. goodbye pet name from my dad because well hey that's the dogs name now. my sister sucks is what I'm saying.

You should have told her not to touch it.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
the station that produces Arthur is mad about memes

http://time.com/4438715/arthur-memes-wgbh-pbs/

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Sponge Baathist posted:

You should have told her not to touch it.

lol

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord

Ein cooler Typ posted:

When ppl start associating ur family-friendly IP with mature content

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Ranma Fan Art posted:

I got a long haired cat and it was fluffy so I named it "fluffy" and then my sister got a short haired cat and she wanted to name it "fluffy" so they had to rename my cat to "fluffiest" even though my cat had been named fluffy for like 6 months already.

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I got a long haired cat and it was fluffy so I named it "fluffy" and then my sister got a short haired cat and she wanted to name it "fluffy" so they had to rename my cat to "fluffiest" even though my cat had been named fluffy for like 6 months already.

Lol

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Ein cooler Typ posted:

'black people ruin everything'

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
remember the episode where arthur poo poo his pants? It was a cross over episode with Rocket Power, really weird but very ground breaking.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "totally beefed it"

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Ranma Fan Art posted:

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

down with sisters

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Nobody posted the picture of the rabbit character wearing headphones.

Rap Music and Dope
Dec 25, 2010
For some reason Euros really suck to

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Nobody posted the picture of the rabbit character wearing headphones.

check the last page dipshit

Rap Music and Dope
Dec 25, 2010
For some reason Euros really suck to

FUCKIN read the THREAD IDIOT

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

i'm a nihilist now

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Rap Music and Dope posted:

check the last page dipshit

I got that disease where you wake up drunk in strange places.

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat

Pick posted:

Holy poo poo, what is the deal with Buster's dad

yeah its hosed up

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

chernobyl kinsman posted:

yeah its hosed up

Busters dad would look fine but they loving put HAIR on his head wtf

naem
May 29, 2011

Ranma Fan Art posted:

This sounds v similar to my relationship with my parents/ sister and she married well and lives in a giant house now

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Ranma Fan Art posted:

I fuckin hate "pet siblings" when the parents give one kid rules and order and the other just does whatever with no consequence because the parents are just too tired to properly raise both of them

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I'm the truck without front wheels.

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

the rabbit looks like an SS officer here to see my papers

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
arthur did nothing wrong when he punched dw

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

that's some bullshit

lmao

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Just like a sister...

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Buster is diagnosed aspergers in one of the newer episodes.

Did you know Butters from South Park is based off of Buster from Arthur?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Gaunab posted:

arthur should have hit her with a fuckin stone cold stunner tbqh

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

a bone to pick posted:

Buster is diagnosed aspergers in one of the newer episodes.

Did you know Butters from South Park is based off of Buster from Arthur?

I thought Butters was based off a guy Matt & Trey knew in highschool? Maybe the dudes who made Arthur knew the same guy.

Also wasn't there a South Park reference somewhere in Arthur? I remember the Beavis and Butthead one.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Gaunab posted:

Her revenge was horrifying.

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks
I liked when he got cucked by Lancelot.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK8n3Q0g5Cg

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Also wasn't there a South Park reference somewhere in Arthur? I remember the Beavis and Butthead one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgALKH7cMKo

• Locked thread