Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Ein cooler Typ posted:

is Nelson supposed to be "husky" in The Simpsons universe or is that just the way they draw all the characters

Both.

Nelson has a body type similar to Bart with more fatmuscle. And at least one episode is about how Springfield is the fattest city in America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Razorwired posted:

Both.

Nelson has a body type similar to Bart with more fatmuscle. And at least one episode is about how Springfield is the fattest city in America.

Remember when it was a joke that Homer weighed 230lbs and was considered lazy and fat instead of just a normal guy?

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Quote-Unquote posted:

Remember when it was a joke that Homer weighed 230lbs and was considered lazy and fat instead of just a normal guy?

"I'm a whale :smith: !"

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Quote-Unquote posted:

I literally weigh 230 lbs right now and I look nowhere near as fat as Homer.

Of course, that could be because my weight is all muscle :smug:

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

social vegan posted:

what about if the ants were slower

im not sure from my experience most turtles are too passive the ant would be all like "dont eat me" and the turtle would gently caress off iirc

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Rupert was the superior talking animal show

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
DW really have some gall imho

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Applewhite posted:

My mistake, Homer weighed 239lbs so you're fine for now.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Applewhite posted:

:eyepop:

Man, looks like we've got ourselves a beefcake in GBS.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Applewhite posted:

MY BONES ARE MUSCLE MY HAIR IS MUCLE MY TEETH? MUSCLE

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
send a pick of your blood muscles

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Smash it Smash hit posted:

send a pick of your blood muscles

dark souls 4 preemptively lookin' good

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

lol

bing_commander
Aug 14, 2009

In other news..
more importantly why is the busytown worm so drat big

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-KKYgmtqqg

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Applewhite posted:

drat, I didn't know leaving cyoas unfinished was such a strenuous exercise!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Did anyone mention the second tier of society in the Arthur world where babies and dogs communicate and that Arthur's dog has an English accent and once visited the frog king?

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
aspergers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9eATBV-_lg

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

mind the walrus posted:

I like the episode where the fat kid mixes up a career test and thinks he's a genius, only to find out the magic was in the heart of the cards all along the way or whatever, only for the show to rubberband immediately and have him regress to being a dope for the other kids to look cool against.

I like the episode where he steals a ham, despite being Jewish.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I remember when I was a children I had this weird sort of proto-visual novel of Arthur. One thing I remember about it was that Muffy and Francine both had their skin colors swapped for some reason.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Snooze Cruise posted:

Did anyone mention the second tier of society in the Arthur world where babies and dogs communicate and that Arthur's dog has an English accent and once visited the frog king?

yes

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
re: bullies.

I like that rodger klotz went from bully who is clearly older than everyone else to just poor to like his whole deal being "trash poor people that have money they don't deserve"

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002

Quote-Unquote posted:

I remember when he discovers that he could get on disability if he got even fatter, then spends half the episode working his way up to 300lbs - never mind that eating what we typically see Homer eat would push most people well past that point.

Some experts have actually placed some of the blame for the obesity epidemic on stuff like that - fatasses on TV are portrayed as eating every meal as though they're training for an eating contest, yet you can easily end up obese by eating slightly more calories than you burn over a period of years.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

re: bullies.

I like that rodger klotz went from bully who is clearly older than everyone else to just poor to like his whole deal being "trash poor people that have money they don't deserve"

I liked when Rick Sanchez froze Roger with an ice ray and he shattered and died.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost
I never really like Arthur. I watched it if it came on and something else wasn't better.

But as a kid, Winnie the Pooh was where it was at. Watched the gently caress outta that show.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

real weird right

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
I thought the monkeys where humans until well after I stopped watching that show.

I'm not exagerating, I only put two and two together while reading this thread.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

jeckyl jeckyl hyde heckly hide hide jakcel

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

social vegan posted:

jeckyl jeckyl hyde heckly hide hide jakcel

There are so many things to bake a chocolate pie a liver cake leftover slop is called goulash

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

KiteAuraan posted:

I like the episode where he steals a ham, despite being Jewish.

Lol wait was he Jewish? The fat bully kid from hey arnold was Jewish too.

Is this some sort of zionist media conspiracy to use cartoons to make kids think Jewish kids are tough and not to gently caress with them?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Why doesn't one of those caption websites exist for Arthur the way it does for The Simpsons?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Nooner posted:

Lol wait was he Jewish? The fat bully kid from hey arnold was Jewish too.

Is this some sort of zionist media conspiracy to use cartoons to make kids think Jewish kids are tough and not to gently caress with them?

I odn't think Binky was supposed to be Jewish. The post in question waso nly refering to Harold from Hey Arnold who was very jewish.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Nonviolent J posted:

Binky punched arthur in the face for saying genesis was better than snes

Binky also punched arthur in the face for saying genesis was better after peter gabriel left.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I remember when I was a children I had this weird sort of proto-visual novel of Arthur. One thing I remember about it was that Muffy and Francine both had their skin colors swapped for some reason.

That was the first cd rom I ever used. The only thing I remember about it was that it featured the rat teacher very prominently and I didn't care for him much.

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
Muffy is an inappropriate name for a child cartoon character imo

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Plebian Parasite posted:

Binky also punched arthur in the face for saying genesis was better after peter gabriel left.

Fully justified

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Arthur declared himself a sovereign citizen so he wouldn't have to do chores

• Locked thread