Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Maybe Buster's dad is a reversed homage to Marge Simpson's situation, where she was originally meant to be one of the Life is Hell rabbits using a wig over her ears to disguise herself as a human.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Ein cooler Typ posted:

and Bulk but not Skull

Bulk and Skull were the most 'not actually bullies but treated like they are' of any tv characters. They were nerds who pretended like they were good at fighting but the main cast frequently beat the poo poo out of them, usually with no provocation beyond Bulk and Skull being socially undesirable in their presence. Often they are just ineptly trying to impress the main characters, only to receive a beat down for their efforts.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I remember when I was a children I had this weird sort of proto-visual novel of Arthur. One thing I remember about it was that Muffy and Francine both had their skin colors swapped for some reason.

That was the first cd rom I ever used. The only thing I remember about it was that it featured the rat teacher very prominently and I didn't care for him much.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Ranma Fan Art posted:

why do black people like Arthur so much lol

I always interpreted Arthur as being black, idk why.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Arcsquad12 posted:

This one is actually from the show and not an edit like the others. Wasn't francine trying to be nice for a week and they theorized about her exploding under pressure?

It looks like a reference to the dream sequence in Eraserhead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Lol, they make a joke out of Francine calling the self-insert kid by the wrong name. I'm guessing the voice actress was unwilling to record a bunch of different names. Also don't teach kids to self-insert into cartoons, the results are undesirable.

• Locked thread