Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
naem
May 29, 2011

It presented life as safe and very gentle which as an adult turns out not to be the case v disappointing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

Ranma Fan Art posted:

my dad used to call me pal when I was a kid you know just as a cute pet name like parents do and then when my sister was 4 we got a new puppy a yellow lab white Shepherd cross and gosh he was a cute little fella. well Arthur's dog is named Pal you know and my sister just thought that was the best so she said well hey we should name this dog Pal wouldn't that be great and my parents just let her do whatever she wanted her entire life starting very early so Pal it was. goodbye pet name from my dad because well hey that's the dogs name now. my sister sucks is what I'm saying.

This sounds v similar to my relationship with my parents/ sister and she married well and lives in a giant house now

naem
May 29, 2011

ScratchAndSniff posted:

Nick Jr. shows back then had some really dark stuff. There is no way that kind of thing would fly today.

It was back in that "no ones paying attention" era when a lot of kid's things were made by counter culture aging hippies

naem
May 29, 2011

It's good training for the grimdark mad max future about to happen

naem
May 29, 2011

My little sister had a friend (a girl) and my parents would make me go hang out at their house with them for some reason and the whole basement was a play room but it was all girl stuff. Like it was pink and princess themed and they had lots of girl TV shows on vhs and I was too tall for the bouncy castle the whole situation was v awkward honestly

• Locked thread