Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan

Kuato posted:

There are some strange going-ons when it comes to Arthur, that should be fleshed out by the paragons of knowledge that is GBS.

Among the issues are

Why did Arthur's family have a pet?

Arthur was an aardvark, and some of his classmates were dogs. And yet here, we have Arthur with a pet dog.

Was Arthur illegally keeping people as his slave? Is there some form of indentured servitude in the Arthur universe?

Another issue to emerge is

Binky does not seem to be an actual bully.

Binky is portrayed as being a bully to some extent, however he is never actually seen being a bully, at least not in the episodes I've watched. He's actually a complex person with similar interests (arguably more cultured interests, with proof being his interest in the clarinet) to the rest of the group. However he is pigeonholed as being a bully. A part of this definitely seems to be based on class, so is he part of this indentured class of people that may possibly exist, as mentioned above?

Lastly, another issue is

What species is Buster's dad?

He shares some traits with a rabbit, however as one sees below, shares more traits with a human than a rabbit.

He almost looks like a human trying to pass himself off as a rabbit.

The latter issue brings up a more far sweeping discussion of just what is the Arthur universe? Is it some type of post-Doctor Moreau type future, where hybrid animals have taken over the planet? Is it some sort of alternate dimension? Who knows? :shrug:

I could have sworn this said "Problems with the TV show Archer"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread