Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

nigga crab pollock posted:

idk did any television show from the 90s aimed specifically at young children ever do anything vaguely 'hard hitting' especially on public access

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZoTfIe6zlk

Dunno if it was public access in us but still it was freaky because that episode was surprisingly to the point iirc and the show was basically 90's ecological fad in superhero form

laserghost fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Oct 17, 2016

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

I remember that Tiny Toon one, it was dubbed and syndicated here. I vaguely remember Buster saying something in the beginning like "this episode is going to be serious guys" and makes a stern face towards viewer.

The one episode of Artur I remember watching with kids during my job as a substitute teacher (basically supervising kids for a few hours after school before parents pick them up) was about D.W. being scared of "suspicious" adults by one of her friends in school (?), and of course on the way back home she was passing every weirdo in Animaltown, but in the end she learned everybody was doing/saying something out of context and the morale was something akin to "not every adult is a child molester/kidnapper and people sometimes act weird" which was surprisingly fresh and rational for a sugar coated kiddie show
That's my Arthur: The Animated Series story, thank you for reading and hth

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Friginator posted:

Rolie Polie Olie remains one of technology's worst atrocities.

Oh loving christ that theme song can go gently caress itself forever.

• Locked thread