Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

rotinaj posted:

That show was way too pussified by them not wanting to do anything that wasn't too family friendly. It meant they could never tackle any real issues, like the bully thing. It was the ultimate PBS show, and I always hated it because of that.

There was literally an episode where DW called her mom a bitch.

edit: also I looked up that episode and it contains this: "Ugh! This is terrible Apple Betty! It's (bleep)! My mother, now, there was a woman who could make (bleep) an amazing Apple Betty. When she made it, the whole (bleep) neighborhood stood outside our house. (bleep) saint (bleep) that woman was. If it's okay with you, T, I'd like to give that pastry chef a taste of his own cannoli."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

(bleep) saint (bleep) that woman was.

I honestly can't even imagine what that sentence even would be uncensored. Fuckin saint goddamn that woman was?

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

laserghost posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZoTfIe6zlk

Dunno if it was public access in us but still it was freaky because that episode was surprisingly to the point iirc and the show was basically 90's ecological fad in superhero form

There was the episode of tiny toons where buster, plucky and hampton(?) steal a beer then become alcoholics (although only ever apparently drinking that one single beer split 3 ways) then steal a police car and get in a fatal car accident. And then at the end of the episode the ghosts tell you that next week they will go back to have jokes and being funny.

also "The Mickey MouseWorks short "Minnie Takes Care of Pluto" was banned because it involved the disturbing premise of Pluto having the paranoid belief that Minnie planned to kill him and also had a scene where Pluto dreamed that he was in Hell. "

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Ranma Fan Art posted:

my dad used to call me pal when I was a kid you know just as a cute pet name like parents do and then when my sister was 4 we got a new puppy a yellow lab white Shepherd cross and gosh he was a cute little fella. well Arthur's dog is named Pal you know and my sister just thought that was the best so she said well hey we should name this dog Pal wouldn't that be great and my parents just let her do whatever she wanted her entire life starting very early so Pal it was. goodbye pet name from my dad because well hey that's the dogs name now. my sister sucks is what I'm saying.

I got a long haired cat and it was fluffy so I named it "fluffy" and then my sister got a short haired cat and she wanted to name it "fluffy" so they had to rename my cat to "fluffiest" even though my cat had been named fluffy for like 6 months already.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Also wasn't there a South Park reference somewhere in Arthur? I remember the Beavis and Butthead one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgALKH7cMKo

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Drunk Nerds posted:

Can we expand this to baffling content on other PBS kids' TV shows?
Because I've written multiple articles about the odd decision to tackle the issue of people on Sesame Street making obscene phone calls to Gina for having a platonic, interracial friendship:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovoilDJethU

(plus we all know the caller was probably Bert)

is telly's skin purple? telly's skin isn't purple.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
aspergers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9eATBV-_lg

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
re: bullies.

I like that rodger klotz went from bully who is clearly older than everyone else to just poor to like his whole deal being "trash poor people that have money they don't deserve"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

meet girls at the store posted:

Was Francine supposed to be black?

canonically the brain is black and celebrates kwanza. Buster is a hippy cult and has some wacky rabbit holiday.

• Locked thread