Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I said this a whole bunch in the last thread. But if RDR2 gets you to replay the original: turn off the hud. You actually observe the amazing world instead of staring at your minimap.

Vincent posted:

Dude wrote a pretty great western if nothing else. (The Proposition)

Great film. Great sound track. It's like a little mini Blood Meridian set in the outback.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Doc Morbid posted:

I did this for a while at the start of my Hardcore mode playthrough. Having to actually look at your surroundings is quite a nice change, but I ran into some trouble due to the fact you can't keep track of your Dead Eye (which you kinda need in Hardcore mode) in any way if your HUD is turned off. As a compromise, I ended up just not using waypoints.

You can tell by the tone of the WHOOSH while in dead eye. If it's higher you have less. It's just hard mode :banjo:

• Locked thread