Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which game/platform?
COD PS4
COD PC
Titanfall PS4
Titanfall PC
BF1 PS4
BF1 PC
Other/Xbox
View Results

• Locked thread
frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
battlefield

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Only shooter I've been playing recently (and will play in the near future) is Rainbow Six: Siege on PC. Despite the occasional bugs/hitbox issues, it's surprisingly addictive

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Major Isoor posted:

Only shooter I've been playing recently (and will play in the near future) is Rainbow Six: Siege on PC. Despite the occasional bugs/hitbox issues, it's surprisingly addictive

I should play more of that.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I been playing a lot of Overwatch mostly.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
to the guy who mentioned it: csgo owns

Major Isoor posted:

ive wanted that game since forever and i hope its bad sales means itll go free to play but if it goes f2p it means its dead so i kinda dont want that

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

ArfJason posted:

to the guy who mentioned it: csgo owns

ive wanted that game since forever and i hope its bad sales means itll go free to play but if it goes f2p it means its dead so i kinda dont want that

Well, apparently there are actually more people playing R6S now then there were at launch, although I don't know if any stats have been skewed so they can say that, or anything.
But now that you mention it, I think they have actually brought back the 'starter edition' for it recently, so you might be able to get that if you really want (or just wait for the November Steam sale and get the full game), which isn't really missing anything.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
just checked and the lowest tier is regular edition at 50, at least on steam. dunno if its distributed elsewhere. I dont go for stuff over 10 bucks usually because of latinamerican poverty, so even with a huge discount it'll be a tough one. What sucks about this case in particular is that my usual approach of wait 4 years for prices to drop isnt a good one for a multiplayer game that isnt bf/cod/valve/blizzard games

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

ArfJason posted:

just checked and the lowest tier is regular edition at 50, at least on steam. dunno if its distributed elsewhere. I dont go for stuff over 10 bucks usually because of latinamerican poverty, so even with a huge discount it'll be a tough one. What sucks about this case in particular is that my usual approach of wait 4 years for prices to drop isnt a good one for a multiplayer game that isnt bf/cod/valve/blizzard games

the lowest price it's hit is $15 on steam, twice so far, so im sure it'll be dirt cheap again soon

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

the lowest price it's hit is $15 on steam, twice so far, so im sure it'll be dirt cheap again soon

oh wow, 15 is an alright point, if pricey for me.

theres also the issue where i didnt know if my pc would run it well, and with my card fried, ill have to see how thisll turn out. anyway thanks for the heads up, r6:s looks so sick

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

ArfJason posted:

theres also the issue where i didnt know if my pc would run it well, and with my card fried, ill have to see how thisll turn out. anyway thanks for the heads up, r6:s looks so sick

Oh, yeah that might be a potential issue - is your PC able to run DX11? Assuming you can, it should be OK though. I think you can turn down the graphics a fair way (although there's still the destructibility, which is probably the most demanding aspect of the game)

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Major Isoor posted:

Oh, yeah that might be a potential issue - is your PC able to run DX11? Assuming you can, it should be OK though. I think you can turn down the graphics a fair way (although there's still the destructibility, which is probably the most demanding aspect of the game)

yeah i believe my old card, the 460 SE could, and since im not planning to downgrade i should be good to go, but i realized how important constant 60 fps is when i started to actually try in csgo, and ill have to see just how much im willing to spend

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Doom

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Dishonoured 2 on PC

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I didn't have fun with the CoD beta at all so unless I hear really good things from y'all at release I'll probably grab TF2 on PS4. Also Destiny pvp is starting to click for me and I've been playing it a lot lately

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
Probably battlefield 1 and overwatch, OP.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

ArfJason posted:

It's a fun rear end game

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Battlefield is awful good this time around. Every class except medic gets a lot of nifty options for changing up the game, but the real highlight is getting on a horse and running down a line of camping snipers on a ridge like genghis khan.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
I'm still just playing Overwatch with some friends and the ocassional dip into Shadow Warrior 2 (which owns) but Battlefield's tempting me.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Probably gonna pick up the fallout 4 dlc on ps4.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

a Loving Dog posted:

Probably battlefield 1 and overwatch, OP.

let's play destiny again soon!! if you're on this weekend i would love to get a group together for trials of osiris

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

qnqnx posted:

The Overwatch Halloween event, then the Overwatch Christmas event, then the Overwatch basketball event assumed from some unused voicelines.

What Overwatch basketball event

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

NickRoweFillea posted:

What Overwatch basketball event

Probably something like Lucioball.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

qnqnx posted:

Probably something like Lucioball.

Why? Because he's black?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Im switching to Titanfall 2 (PS4)

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

In Training posted:

Im switching to Titanfall 2 (PS4)

:cheers:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

at the date posted:

Why? Because he's black?

Can someone give this Dipshit the ice rear end again.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

goferchan posted:

let's play destiny again soon!! if you're on this weekend i would love to get a group together for trials of osiris

im gone this weekend but if im ever on when you are just invite me to it and ill probably hop on

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
looking at titanfall 2 (PC)...

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
or i'll skip it like overwatch and just keep playing csgo badly instead

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
titanfall looks cool, i'll wait and see on it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Getting really excited for Friday. I had a blast with the titanfall beta, can't wait to squad up and start Prestiging my ARs and energy shotguns.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
canceling my cod preorder and might use the money for titanfall instead. really trying to push my roommate/family sharing buddy to buy it instead

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I miss csgo

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

Getting really excited for Friday. I had a blast with the titanfall beta, can't wait to squad up and start Prestiging my ARs and energy shotguns.

i haven't followed TF at all. is movement fun? that's my problem with a lot of modern shooters.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

i haven't followed TF at all. is movement fun? that's my problem with a lot of modern shooters.

yeah, its got a grapple hook that you use one button to attach to anything, and then you push the button again to winch yourself forward at high velocity, and then you can hit the jump button to conserve momentum and fling yourself into the air. its also got wall running and dash sliding, all of which will preserve momentum so the maps are really fun to traverse once you get the hang of it. its still got the problem every modern FPS has which is that they put a OHKO sniper rifle in it for some reason which is annoying as hell on console to play against with the autoaim.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm assuming it's multi only? i might pick it up a few months after release if the community sticks w/ it.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No they made a campaign for it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

i'm assuming it's multi only? i might pick it up a few months after release if the community sticks w/ it.

they actually made a campaign for this one, it's all about hanging out with your Titan and pwning space terrorists

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm actually pretty curious about the SP because they could make some cool levels with the pilot movement + Titan abilities

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

From what I've read so far the Titanfall campaign is a lot like a CoD campaign except almost all of the combat encounters are way more open and you can choose whether you want to complete them loudly or quietly, and a good chunk of them can be stealthed through without killing anyone.

• Locked thread