Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which game/platform?
COD PS4
COD PC
Titanfall PS4
Titanfall PC
BF1 PS4
BF1 PC
Other/Xbox
View Results

• Locked thread
HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

From what I've read so far the Titanfall campaign is a lot like a CoD campaign except almost all of the combat encounters are way more open and you can choose whether you want to complete them loudly or quietly, and a good chunk of them can be stealthed through without killing anyone.

choice is good but im tired of this mechanic in games. design levels for action and levels for stealth separately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'd kinda rather they went full bore action because the movement is fun enough that you could do cool high speed levels and stuff. But whatever I'll check it out

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Mandatory stealth levels in shooter games are AIDS. I'm trying to think of a good one that isn't All Ghillied Up but I can't

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

HORMELCHILI posted:

choice is good but im tired of this mechanic in games. design levels for action and levels for stealth separately.

dishonored has levels for both action and stealth and its epic

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Mandatory stealth levels in shooter games are AIDS. I'm trying to think of a good one that isn't All Ghillied Up but I can't

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the stealth levels in soldier of fortune 2 and nolf :whitewater:

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

yeah i dont mean like, give me a mandatory stealth level, i mean like, i dont want to play a loving stealth level in big gun game

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Is there a two player shooter where one guy plays as a loud shoot em up guy who draws aggro from enemies while the second player is a little stealthy dude who sneaks among them while they're distracted by the first player and quietly murks them? That could be cool if it was done right.

I guess you could do this in Far Cry 4 co op if you set it up correctly, but I'd like to see a game built around it.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

i would also play Shootman & Sneakman

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
muh shootmandsneakmans

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

yeah, its got a grapple hook that you use one button to attach to anything, and then you push the button again to winch yourself forward at high velocity, and then you can hit the jump button to conserve momentum and fling yourself into the air. its also got wall running and dash sliding, all of which will preserve momentum so the maps are really fun to traverse once you get the hang of it. its still got the problem every modern FPS has which is that they put a OHKO sniper rifle in it for some reason which is annoying as hell on console to play against with the autoaim.

I didn't mind the sniper in TF2 too much because no one ever used it in my experience since all the mobility options makes sniping take actual skill. I only had like one match where the sniping was noticeable at all. I'd still prefer if they didn't have it at all but it's whatever.

Also lol I went the whole beta and didn't realize you can winch with the grappling hook. I was having too much fun swinging around like Tarzan.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

the stealth levels in soldier of fortune 2 and nolf :whitewater:

I absolutely love NOLF! Wish that series was re-released on Steam. But yeah, I don't feel that I can/should contribute to the ongoing discussion/complaining about stealth levels - since I actually love playing stealthily and often use that playstyle even in non-stealth oriented shooters, etc. :shobon:

(So uh, yeah, I'm the target audience of all those mandatory stealth levels. I'm sorry everyone :D)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Is there a two player shooter where one guy plays as a loud shoot em up guy who draws aggro from enemies while the second player is a little stealthy dude who sneaks among them while they're distracted by the first player and quietly murks them? That could be cool if it was done right.

I guess you could do this in Far Cry 4 co op if you set it up correctly, but I'd like to see a game built around it.

Metal Gear Survive

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
cool, i think a SP campaign makes me want to try TF2 more. one last question: can you customize your mech at all?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's cosmetics and different abilities and stuff. Like you have a loadout and your mech has a loadout.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

sector_corrector posted:

cool, i think a SP campaign makes me want to try TF2 more. one last question: can you customize your mech at all?

a little bit

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://a.pomf.cat/addxme.mp4

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Hook, line and sinker.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I don't really think Space Hulk: Deathwing counts as a AAA game, but it's an upcoming shooter that I'm getting.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I don't really think Space Hulk: Deathwing counts as a AAA game, but it's an upcoming shooter that I'm getting.

they still don't have a date even though its supposed to be out next month

crazy french devs are laying the track while the train is still moving

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I think I'm going to get Battlefield on PC

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I remember playing the demo for the Army of Two sequel that had aggro meter stuff for co-op but uh, didn't seem like a great game & obviously that's different.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

You should. Anyone who has bf1 should post their origin name too so we can group up. Mine is HORMELCHILI if you can believe it.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

rediscover posted:

I think I'm going to get Battlefield on PC

it's fun

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Major Isoor posted:

Only shooter I've been playing recently (and will play in the near future) is Rainbow Six: Siege on PC. Despite the occasional bugs/hitbox issues, it's surprisingly addictive
Oh man, same.

ArfJason posted:

to the guy who mentioned it: csgo owns

ive wanted that game since forever and i hope its bad sales means itll go free to play but if it goes f2p it means its dead so i kinda dont want that

It has a higher player base now than it did at launch last year.

It has had some good deals, like when it had a free weekend on steam. There is always the steam refund option. The in-game loot system is not very good nor rewarding, so if this went F2P it might be the nail in the coffin. It would benefit from bigger and more frequent deals though.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
what happened on march 7th

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was gonna say Overwatch but maybe that's too early in the year. Dark Souls III?

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
Titanfall 2 on PC, OP. The single player looks really cool and the first game was probably my favorite FPS ever so I'm excited for this one

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Antoine Silvere posted:

Titanfall 2 on PC, OP. The single player looks really cool and the first game was probably my favorite FPS ever so I'm excited for this one

i can probably name like 10 better fps games than titanfall off the top of my head

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

trying to jack off posted:

i can probably name like 10 better fps games than titanfall off the top of my head

do it

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Quake World
Quake 2
Quake 3
Quake 4
Quake Live
Unreal Tournament (lmfao)
Unreal Tournament 2K4 (lmfao)
Counter Strike
Counter Strike Source
Counter Strike Global Offensive

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
teh smirking Asian man

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Wormskull posted:

Quake World
Quake 2
Quake 3
Quake 4
Quake Live
Unreal Tournament (lmfao)
Unreal Tournament 2K4 (lmfao)
Counter Strike
Counter Strike Source
Counter Strike Global Offensive

quake 2 blows (talking the sp here)

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
i have no idea if the mp for quake 2 is good but since its quake i guess it was

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It was good. I would of said Quake 1 instead of Quack World if I was talking about SP though.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
on the topic of kickass sp games that had mp game modes, how was FEAR's multiplayer, if anyone played that?

also not fps but the multiplayer for max payne 3 looked rad

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ArfJason posted:

on the topic of kickass sp games that had mp game modes, how was FEAR's multiplayer, if anyone played that?

also not fps but the multiplayer for max payne 3 looked rad

it was fun when i played the beta for it in like 2005(??)

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Fear's MP was kind of cool and it was free after a couple months IIRC. I had a piece of poo poo PC so I played it at the lowest possible resolution with "Pixel Doubling" which essentially halved the resolution so I think I had it at 320x240 or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Deus Ex 1 multiplayer was fun in a really broken and ugly way, especially if you joined a server with Max Augs turned on so everyone was an invincible wall hacking cyborg moving at 6x speed

• Locked thread