Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe

lifts cats over head posted:

Ratio by Michael Ruhlman
Another Ruhlman book. This one focuses on the common ratios found in everyday cooking, again with the idea being that once you understand the reasons why certain ingredients are used in certain quantities you'll be able to expand to your own ideas.

This also has a companion app that has all the ratios with variations and a super useful calculator for each that can combine volume and weight measurements. If you're already pretty confident in the kitchen, it's probably worth it to still get this app, even if you don't get the book. I have both and I haven't touched the book since I got the app.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread