Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

the_chavi posted:

Ottolenghi often collaborates with a Palestinian guy from Jerusalem in his books
They were lovers for a while but they broke up.

the_chavi posted:

and anyway Israeli cuisine is a part of Middle Eastern cuisine.
This is true though. coyo7e, if you want recipes from minority groups, guess what: Jews are a minority! Hell, they're more of a minority in the Middle East than the people you'd prefer to look at. But in any case, in addition to Ottolenghi's stuff, check out Classic Lebanese Cuisine by Al-Faqih (which has some nice pictures, too, albeit not in the neato style you asked about) and Rose Water and Orange Blossoms by Abood. Neither of them are Jews, which is great news not just for you but for everyone else who wants to avoid the chosen people in this era of Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Cloks posted:

Also, didn't Rick Bayless obliterate the idea that a chef has to be the authentic part of a recipe?
Yeah but Rick Bayless isn't a :jewish: ifyaknowwhatimean.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

coyo7e posted:

Not sure what your point is - are you saying that I'm mistaken and that "Jews Made Hummus - and It's Super Important to Bring up in lieu of nothing - becuase Trump Hates Jews"?
My point is that if you want recipes from "minority groups" in the Middle East, Jews count, and in fact the groups you're calling "minority groups" are actually the main (majority) groups of people who have lived in the Middle East since forever and they're not "minority groups" any more than groups of black people are "minority groups" in Africa. I think it's kind of goofy to brand everyone who isn't a mayonnaise-rear end whitey from the good old US of A as a "minority." My other point is that you implied you had reasons for avoiding Jews beyond just the fact that we steal everything (although you didn't elaborate what those reasons were) and that struck me as suspect.

coyo7e posted:

And thanks for the recommendations on Jewish cookbooks - can we maybe go back to not-Jewish cookbooks involving cuisine which may or may not have ben invented and/or appropriated by jews?
I haven't read it yet, but I've heard good things about The Gaza Kitchen: A Palestinian Culinary Journey.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Guys he hates Jews, get over it. No need to beat up on the poor guy. A little anti-Semitism now and then never hurt anyone.

• Locked thread