Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Infidel Castro posted:

Of course the one time I actually make it to a teddy bear toss game, the Admirals get shut out.

Insert huge rear end :smith: here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Stretch Marx posted:

SJ gunna win the President's and possibly also the Memorial Cup. Veleno also had a goal tonight with a really nice tip and was buzzing around pretty well, in case you were wondering Hand Knit.

With the death of hockeystreams I have to live vicariously through this thread.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Here's all the goals from last night's game. Chabot is a cool and good hockey kid. I think I was sitting by his parents.

To give you an idea where I was sitting, when you see Reginato's goal I'm 5 rows up from the Canaport ad. I had great seats for all these goals.

-e-

I just realised that SJ has literally over a 100 more goals for than against.

Stretch Marx fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Mar 12, 2017

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
But we can't possibly let Thomas Chabot take the last shoot out shot.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

There was a pretty long game in the Norwegian league. 8 overtimes, winning goal scored at 217:14. The game ended at 2:30 am local time.

http://www.tsn.ca/norwegian-hockey-game-goes-to-eighth-ot-1.694646

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
With a win over Moncton, Saint John has claimed first overall for the playoffs and is apparently the 4th time they have done so.

Chabot also just past Bealieu's most points by a defenceman mark for the Seadogs.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
The Sea Dogs beat Halifax for their final game and finish the season with 102 points. Veleno and Imama both scored. So good.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I know it's the third period, but continue to Go A Monsters. The Milano goal off Peters' mask was cool.

e- loving :laffo: Justin Peters. 8.5/10 on the MAF scale :roflolmao:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Mar 19, 2017

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

:siren: Milano with the dagger :siren:

THAT IS A loving HOOK ALL DAY LONG YOU DUMB :siren: Never mind, good job Zac Dalpe :siren:

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

For those of you who care, and can't decipher his GDT posts, the Monsters ended the 1st period down 3-0, and came back to won 6-3. Milano had an amazing goal off the goalie's back/helmet from behind the goalline. It might be on Sportscenter Top 10 if they decide minor league hockey is good enough during March Madness.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Hockles posted:

For those of you who care, and can't decipher his GDT posts, the Monsters ended the 1st period down 3-0, and came back to won 6-3. Milano had an amazing goal off the goalie's back/helmet from behind the goalline. It might be on Sportscenter Top 10 if they decide minor league hockey is good enough during March Madness.

that's rad as hell

go a monsters

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Hockles posted:

Tony Brown kept insisting it was off the shoulder but it definitely deflected in off the mask.

I haven't seen the Justin Peters thing in a GIF or video anywhere but as I remember it, the puck is dumped in and he skates out assuming it's going to behind the net. He guesses wrong: it caroms off the boards toward the goal, at which point Peters scrambles to try to get back into position but is easily beaten by Ryan Craig.

A Good TV game.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
https://twitter.com/PeteBlackburn/status/843820190915854336

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Context, that's Michigan Tech winning the WCHA conference championship in double overtime, sending them on to the NCAA tournament. Bowling green, their opponent, hasn't been in a conference championship game since 1988 and hasn't been in the NCAA tourney since 1990.

On top of that, 2 years ago they missed the tournament by .0002 pairwise points.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

oh no
oh god no

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

March's consolidated draft drankings are out.

Random thoughts:

Nolan Patrick and Gabe Vilardi are nearly a year apart in age.

Cale Makar is a tremendous name, and he probably needs to end up on a team with Kale Clague.

Klim Kostin is the most stand-up comedian name in hockey history.

Rob Thomas!

Hand Knit fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Mar 23, 2017

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
is this the year for hischier?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

There is no good reason that Jason Robertson isn't in the top five, let alone the top 31.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

ThinkTank posted:

There is no good reason that Jason Robertson isn't in the top five, let alone the top 31.

I can think of one.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Hand Knit posted:

I can think of one.

Surviving two full years in Kingston without succumbing to complete ennui should RAISE his draft status, not lower it.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

ThinkTank posted:

Surviving two full years in Kingston without succumbing to complete ennui should RAISE his draft status, not lower it.

Even Sam Bennett is bad. Nobody gets out alive.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
holy crap on toast i didn't realize how poorly sam bennett was playing this year.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
So SJ beat Rimouski 9 - 2 in their opening game.

Spencer Smallman had a hat trick, Mathieu Joseph got 2, and Veleno also scored.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Bad NHL goalie Jonas Gustavsson actually got credit for a goal tonight in the AHL:
https://twitter.com/TheAHL/status/845494173050388484

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Kilza posted:

Bad NHL goalie Jonas Gustavsson actually got credit for a goal tonight in the AHL:
https://twitter.com/TheAHL/status/845494173050388484

Holy poo poo a goal credited from a save, that's a new one.

E: I've seen goals from goalies shooting directly, or just firing it around the boards then the opponent fucks it up and throws it into the net, but right off a save is kinda great.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

DJExile posted:

Holy poo poo a goal credited from a save, that's a new one.

E: I've seen goals from goalies shooting directly, or just firing it around the boards then the opponent fucks it up and throws it into the net, but right off a save is kinda great.

It looks like the SD player in the far corner retrieved the puck and missed the pass to the point.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
SJ wins 4 -1 in game 2.

Chabot had two goals which included a 100+ foot ENG.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
usa hockey is starting to implode over the whole womens debacle

https://twitter.com/CraigCustance/status/846037790567661568

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

While the WBS Pens somehow keep winning NHL games, the actual WBS Pens are closing the gap with San Jose again. Also Zack Anton-Reese has 6 points (2 goals 4 assists) in his first 4 games.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

fits posted:

usa hockey is starting to implode over the whole womens debacle

https://twitter.com/CraigCustance/status/846037790567661568

Good on all those players turning down the invitation. gently caress USA Hockey trying field a team of scab players.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
https://twitter.com/JohnetteHoward/status/846187121438343168

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
SJ takes a 3 - 0 series lead with a 5 - 2 win. They outshot Rimouski 38 - 12

Click here to see the high lights. Veleno scores and Boko Imama got a pair himself.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
The US women's hockey team got a deal which pays them 70k a year plus more stuff to be in line with the mens team. Insurance, better per-diem, better travel accommodations, etc. So good for them.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Jamwad Hilder posted:

The US women's hockey team got a deal which pays them 70k a year plus more stuff to be in line with the mens team. Insurance, better per-diem, better travel accommodations, etc. So good for them.

Good on everyone who made this happen. Lotta people put a lot on the line.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Simon Bourque scores the game winner on his old team as SJ sweeps Rimouski

Chabot and Imama scored as well.

Halifax beat Rouyn-Noranda again which will be a pretty funny upset if Halifax takes them down.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
can/usa women's is on. nhl is streaming it for americans https://www.nhl.com/video/live-usa-vs-canada/t-281013894/c-50924103

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Hockles posted:

Basically this....

https://twitter.com/myregularface/status/847969522623672322

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

After losing the first two games in completely different humiliating fashions, the Fronts have won three straight and lead Hamilton 3-2. Now that I've posted this, of course, they will surely lose the next two.

Inevitable bust Jason Robertson has 8 points in 5 games.

e: I just saw that London is down 3-2 to the Spits (and were down 3-1). That would be a big upset.

Hand Knit fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Apr 1, 2017

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

I don't understand the WBS Pens sometimes. They don't allow the 2nd place Phantoms to score in the last 155:28 going 14/14 on the PK, but lose to Springfield. Well, if they win tomorrow they can be first team in the east to clinch.

Edit: :toot: Clinched! 15th consecutive! First eastern team to clinch too! Best part is they clinched because of a Hershey loss. :getin:

Mage_Boy fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Apr 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
everett beat victoria in a game that took till 5OT to finish. longest game in whl history

• Locked thread