Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

The Blues are apparently set to drop their affiliation with the Chicago Wolves and move it to a new team in KC, which will play at Sprint Center and be owned by the Missouri Mavericks (current ECHL) ownership group.

Honestly, it's about drat time they did this. Hockey in KC is growing thanks to the new Mavs owners (Lamar Hunt Jr. is the lead guy, which helps quite a bit), and while the Mavs draw pretty well they're also out in Independence, which is a bit of a rough drive if you live in KC proper or (spit) Johnson County. Plus potentially the move frees up the Independence arena (a very nice barn) for Hunt's other desire of a USHL team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Hockles posted:

I wonder if the Blackhawks will move the Ice Hogs to Chicago to fill that vacancy.

Rumors I'm hearing are Vegas will take over the Wolves, since Allstate is a stone's throw from ORD and thus one can get regular, fairly inexpensive transit to and from LV for call-ups/drop-downs.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

351 current and former CHL players have joined a class-action lawsuit over not being paid proper wages.

Surprised this story hasn't gained more traction, especially in light of the large amounts of coverage a similar lawsuit involving minor-league baseball players has received.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

it's probably to save on travel costs: i know a couple players for Janesville in the NAHL, and their division final was against Fairbanks, which necessitated a weird schedule depending on the series results after 2 games (they won the series 3-1). but that's more because of flights up from the lower 48 and all those sorts of logistics.

• Locked thread