Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Natty Ninefingers posted:

Binghamton is still insisting that there will still be an team next season. Either Albany or the Las Vegas expansion. Here's hoping they come up with a localized name.

The front office staff at the WBS Pens were telling me they are pretty sure it's Albany.

I would expect Vegas to go to Albany or Portland, at least for a season or two, until they can build themselves something closer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Williams just Tim Thomas'ed someone with his stick after a goal in the WBS Bridgeport game tonight. Ref called nothing even though there was a pool of blood on the ice afterwards. I'm expecting a suspension from this one. At least WBS held on to win 1-0 after that poo poo.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Found a picture of the ice after the WBS power play goal tonight. https://twitter.com/CVSethLakso/status/802692158482423808

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/WBSPenguins/status/807767046939377664?s=09
I'm glad I was at this game tonight. This was a fun game to watch live.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

WBS is having their Star Wars night tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/WBSPenguins/status/817409803534352385

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

WBS is on a 7 game winning streak. And since Pittsburgh is losing they are probably going to call everyone up :(

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Hockles posted:

They only get like 5 TV games a season. Why not just get AHL Live!

that costs more than NHL Game Center, and you only get 1 team, and it is literally just the arena feed, and only like 3 teams have HD cameras

Hey we've had HD camera's in WBS for a few years now! They only started putting the score on the board this season, and only display the time on televised games and the game before televised games where they are testing to make sure it works. AHL live is totally a rip off.

WBS is weird. For the first half of the season they had trouble with the Phantoms, then tonight they beat them 7-1 at home. (Their 1 goal was a gifted 5 on 3 PP.) But then they have trouble with team like St John's who aren't right on their rear end in the standings.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

take me you ANIMAL posted:

Our arena just this season started showing replays of goals on the jumbotron. Still nothing after penalties though.

I have a feeling the AHL doesn't allow replays on penalties because they don't play them anywhere.

Tom Kostopoulos scored his 200th career AHL goal last night to tie the game against the Hershey Bears. Pens won in overtime right after killing off a penalty. That was nail biting to exciting.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

While the WBS Pens somehow keep winning NHL games, the actual WBS Pens are closing the gap with San Jose again. Also Zack Anton-Reese has 6 points (2 goals 4 assists) in his first 4 games.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

I don't understand the WBS Pens sometimes. They don't allow the 2nd place Phantoms to score in the last 155:28 going 14/14 on the PK, but lose to Springfield. Well, if they win tomorrow they can be first team in the east to clinch.

Edit: :toot: Clinched! 15th consecutive! First eastern team to clinch too! Best part is they clinched because of a Hershey loss. :getin:

Mage_Boy fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Apr 3, 2017

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Adam Krause with some amazing individual effort tonight took a 4-3 third period into a 5-4 WBS win and lead to this:

https://twitter.com/TheAHL/status/853451218160668672

His first goal was pretty sweet:

https://twitter.com/TaylorHaasePGH/status/853417473185652736

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

That's just patience right there. He outwaited that goalie and basically pretended the guy on him did not exist.

Also, Ben Wilson tried to kill a dude

https://twitter.com/SportsiCohn/sta...-150755723.html

Holy poo poo. What caused him to go off like that? I can't even see the slightest reason.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Stretch Marx posted:

I am sad to say that the Islanders won't be moving on. This is still the best they've ever done and their team is still really good. If SJ wins tomorrow I think the Armada will give them a good run but I still think SJ is the better team.

I hope they put Sprong on a plane and get him to morning skate tomorow because AND could use some offense after yesterday's game.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

WBS eliminated in 5 games with a final score 2-1 even after putting up 51 shots. gently caress, this team really is the Caps of the AHL.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Infidel Castro posted:

Hell, sometimes you do get to see ultimate talent. Pekka Rinne played two games for Milwaukee a couple seasons ago on a conditioning assignment and I sure as gently caress made sure I got to see him play.

If you go to WBS Pens games you are just about guaranteed to see players who will play in the NHL. (Penguins injuries lol) I got to see someone who is now leading the playoff scoring race last year and part of this year so that's cool.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

ThinkTank posted:

The 2002 born kids are being drafted into the WHL right now so we're getting some real gems from the early days of the unique name movement.

Can't wait until a guy with no vowels in his first name scores a goal in the NHL. KRZ sounds like an airport code.

Mac Gross should drive an 18 wheeler.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Hockles posted:

The AHL realigned (again), but no major changes from what I can tell.

Also, they switched around the formatting of the regular season. From what I can see from the Monsters' format, they aren't playing teams 12 times anymore, and get to face the California teams now. However, they are going old-school MLB style and not playing any games outside of their conference.

The Checkers are finally not screwed for travel since they moved from the West to the East now. Makes sense too, I think they had the worst travel schedule of any team in the league.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Planning an AHL filled vacation this year. Going to go visit my sister near Charlotte in March and go to the two Checkers/Pens games, then come back home that Friday just in time for the St. Patrick's day game in WBS. It's cool to see new teams, and to have an excuse to go visit my sister. (Plus it's a cheap vacation since she and her husband have a spare bedroom.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Hockles posted:

If you are in/near Cleveland want to go to a Monsters game, let me know.

If I ever get that way I definitely will. Wish I had paid more attention to SAS when I worked for Sheetz and I was doing their register rollouts. I was all over the place back then. I probably could have met a lot of NHL and AHL fans.

• Locked thread