Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
inferis
Dec 30, 2003

fits posted:

everett beat victoria in a game that took till 5OT to finish. longest game in whl history

Best part about that game is that it started at 2 in the afternoon and got over at 8. Last ferry off the island is 9 pm so Everett almost got stuck there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Duke Chin posted:

oh man I love the goalie drive-by by the bench :3:

Hopefully tomorrow night we'll be seeing the 2nd series sweep in a row for the Tbirds over those stupid everett cowbells. :hawksin:

Everett cowbells vs the Kent pedophile song

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Duke Chin posted:

[TEAM X] SUCKS!
[TEAM X] SUCKS!
[TEAM X] SUCKS!
[TEAM X] SUCKS!

Let's be honest, you chant portland sucks no matter what team you're playing.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Saw some Seattle Thunderbirds posters earlier in the thread, is there a section for away/neutral fans for the games this weekend? Thinking about coming up from Portland

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Kelowna keeps beating Portland in the playoffs but I'm still not gonna root for Seattle

Michael Herringer brought Nic petan to tears because he took over when Jackson whistle choked two years ago

inferis fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Apr 22, 2017

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Junior hockey is so brutal because most of these kids were the stars of their home clubs and they have to deal with hitting the limits of their talent when they're only like 16 and it's hard to give up the idea of the NHL because it's so close theoretically. Good for sawchenko though.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

There was some absolutely incredible goalie drama with the Portland Winterhawks. A couple years ago we had Brendan Burke (son of Sean Burke from the Coyotes organization) as our starter and his backup Adin Hill. Burke had been drafted by the Coyotes but had not signed yet. He had a pretty bad season and it was clear that Hill was gonna take over the job. Burke eventually got traded to Calgary and Hill became the number one goaltender. The Coyotes never end up signing Burke and then drafted Hill in his draft year and signed him to an ELC. Burke ended up retiring from hockey to play baseball for a year or something.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Stretch Marx posted:

That's why I find Junior hockey somewhat sad. You watch these players do their thing for like 5 years in your city and then either get drafted or shafted.

I basically root for anyone who came out of the WHL no matter what team they came from because I saw them play as kids.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Mage_Boy posted:

If you go to WBS Pens games you are just about guaranteed to see players who will play in the NHL. (Penguins injuries lol) I got to see someone who is now leading the playoff scoring race last year and part of this year so that's cool.

I got a derrick pouliot winterhawks jersey and I wonder every day if he's ever gonna get his poo poo together and start performing like he did in junior.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Thank god portland didn't have any first round picks until this year so I can pretend that an organization with a native logo is still progressive. This town is so loving weird because Portland is so liberal but the majority of our junior hockey fans come from the lovely suburbs.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

DJExile posted:

Portland is whiter than my left rear end cheek and just because it's filled with white liberals who plug their ears when asked about the city's astoundingly racist history doesn't mean its any less racist.

Yep pretty much, but what I was saying is that timbers or blazers fans don't call me a human being when I disagree with their sports opinions.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

As a Portlander it's tough seeing Seattle finally win something but I was guessing they looked pretty strong at the beginning of the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Just renewed my Winterhawks season tickets, it's almost hockey season!

• Locked thread