Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Yeah that's a crazy good reroll if you'll play forest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

New page so

:siren:Steam release announced for the 27th
http://store.steampowered.com/app/453480/ :siren:

You can link the mobile account to steam account so get those rerolls done ahead of time and learn take two so you can 5-0 scrubs after the steam release

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
how to take two:

1. pick 2-drops
2. mulligan for your 2-drops
3. play your 2-drops
4. grats you win

Joking aside 2-drops and curving out are very important but you want to watch out for the strong turn 4 evo plays from some of the more powerful classes like Cudgel Priest (haven), Floral Fencer (sword), White General(sword), and Dragon Warrior (dragon). Try to avoid having a board that can be swept with 3 damage to one guy and another guy at less than 5 power (read: try to avoid having two 3/3 or 4/3 followers in play on the first evo turn against Haven, Sword, or Dragon). Shadow at 5 can also get a pretty big lead with Charon but she won't immediately wipe a board.

If you're experienced at playing limited formats in other games playing a controlling/midrange Shadow or Dragon deck can work pretty well for you but if you're relatively new you definitely want to play as aggressively as possible with Sword (a well drafted aggressive sword deck can pressure just about anything but a solid shadow deck at all phases of the game). I personally rate Haven very high too but you have to know how to use the cards you end up with. Sometimes you end up with more controlling cards and sometimes you end up with a lot of storm cards and you just go face.

also unless she's paired with a complete dud there's basically no legendary better than Dark Angel Olivia

Zoness fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Oct 25, 2016

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Just had a weird series of matches;0 while trying to do my dailies I ran into the same dragon guy three times in a row. He played like poo poo in the first game and it was cute to see him learn in the second and third game on how to use his evolves. His deck was so much better than my crappy daily deck that I was surprised how bad he was at using evolves and playing to his deck's strength.

Then my next pair of matches was against the same rose queen deck who cockblocked me from finishing my dailies. So I went into ranked and here he was again. So I gave him the good ol clay golem dickin

And now my last game I beat an aggro blood deck with 3 health left with only a 2/1 clay golem on board by dshifting two times in a row. MVP clay golem carrying me to a double digit win streak in ranked :swish:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I did a bunch of rerolling before losing all my standards and telling myself I'd settle for anything that gave me a Forte or a Tsubaki, so the game gave me a Forte and an Olivia, among other stuff (Lord of the Flies, Soul Dealer, Gabriel, Fairy Princess, shiny Moon, and I pulled a Rose Queen yesterday), so I've been playing around with Dragoncraft.

I'm digging being able to deal damage to followers with the effects of my own followers but my deck feels pretty unorganized at the moment between that and discard mechanics.

I have not been able to pull off a Forte -> Evolve -> Gabriel combo yet cause everyone has spells to kill Forte in one turn.

I do think I'm getting a better hang of the game, but it feels like getting a pack takes quite a long time, especially since I prefer opening a buncha packs over opening one pack at a time.

Is it like that in Hearthstone too?

I'm also stuck way too much in some sorta obsessive mentality, where instead of taking a win that's right in front of me I choose to deliberately delay until I can get a key card out so I can win the way I want, like some goddamn Yu-Gi-Oh! villain. It hasn't done me much favors.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I do think I'm getting a better hang of the game, but it feels like getting a pack takes quite a long time, especially since I prefer opening a buncha packs over opening one pack at a time.

Is it like that in Hearthstone too?

I find SV trickles you packs way quicker than hearthstone, like you generally get enough rupi from missions for a pack each day and there are login bonuses. While hearthstone gives you 40-60 gold with a single quest each day and no login stuff but a weekly thing for a pack instead. I guess the little thing that kinda sucks in SV is that you can't really "grind" for more rupi, although scoring up in ranked can good if you get a streak going.

Minus1Minus1
Apr 26, 2004

Azula always lies
Starting up with this, but it looks like the post-tutorial reward is just 15 packs rather than 25, so I've been looking at just 1-3 legendarios per re-roll. Am I missing something, or has the reward been scaled-back a bit?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Minus1Minus1 posted:

Starting up with this, but it looks like the post-tutorial reward is just 15 packs rather than 25, so I've been looking at just 1-3 legendarios per re-roll. Am I missing something, or has the reward been scaled-back a bit?

Shouldn't you be getting 15 Standard Packs and 15 Darkness Packs?

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Progress is much slower in Hearthstone and you can't reroll there to get a jump start on your deck. And if you do spend money the rates are worse there

But that's just the nature of these games, play and have fun and build up your collection slowly. That's why it's important to reroll into a class you enjoy playing because it will be your main for a while

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

The ShadowRecord for last week (http://syadoreco.com/metareports/index/week/all/2016/42/t/) came out and things are looking pretty good

And the numbers are similar in AA and Master ranks except forest is played more than haven. It's probably going to be more likely that forest will get a nerf before haven.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Minus1Minus1 posted:

Don't forget to click on Darkness Evolved on the left side, you'll find you have another 15 tickets for those as well.

In other news, trying to decide if I should stick with this reroll (the Tia is animated):

It's kind of all over the place, but I was pretty interested in both forest and shadow (and sword as well to a lesser extent) so I'm unsure if I should just stick with this and see what future packs bring, or keep going and try for more of a focus on a particular class.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Having started off with two tia's in my reroll but opened more sword legendaries after some arena runs, I feel like very low budget sword is way more consistent than very low budget forest.

Sword has a reasonable common curve and fairly good refills with Maid Leader / Avant Blader (although maid leader is an uncommon so v:shobon:v) while forest I feel like I can never draw into my payoff cards unless I go and craft some altered fates.

Also Gabriel might not show up in a lot of lists in the meta but she dominates games in the land of bad decks, which I think is worth consideration for the sake of having a lot of decks to run your quests with.

On the other hand rhinoceroach OTK's are great.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Game-ai just showed off a blood deck that managed to get a 27 game win streak on master rank because it beats D-shift, Combo Elf and Storm Haven.
It only costs 6500 vials, needing only 5 golds and no legendaries. Expect to see this a lot in the near future.

http://game-ai.jp/shadowverse/kakyoin-dollar-akirashiki-face-vampire/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyHEgsXWsoI

edit: :siren: and the Steam release has been pushed back, it now unlocks in 21 hours :siren:

Tamba fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Oct 26, 2016

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Tamba posted:

:siren: and the Steam release has been pushed back, it now unlocks in 21 hours :siren:

Seems like they ran into some problems during their maintenance. While it's still possible that they just temporarily pushed the release date by several hours to make sure they can get everything working properly, I wouldn't hold my breath that we'll see it on Steam tonight.

Aaand never mind, it's rescheduled for 3 hours from now?

Ruby Prism fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Oct 27, 2016

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Looking forward to the apology tickets and the steam release celebration tickets

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
So real talk here, Steam version is probably going to be a pain without rerolls, isn't it?

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

You can just reroll with mobile/leapdroid and once you're done link it to steam and play from steam

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Det_no posted:

So real talk here, Steam version is probably going to be a pain without rerolls, isn't it?

I didn't even reroll back when I first started playing, as I wasn't aware you could do it easily. I had Aurelia, Cerberus and Prince of Darkness, which while they were all great legendaries, it was a low number and spread across different crafts.

Just playing normally to do my dailies since launch I've gotten a really sizable collection and enough vials to fill in gaps. It's not that big of a deal, really.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I managed to go 5-0 in my first Take Two (granted 1 was via disconnect) and I'm 1-0 so far on my second Take Two.

But I still lose to AI.

On the flip side, I decided to try out Havencraft cause I had Moon, found it a ton of fun, and then I pulled a second Moon, so I guess I'm going Havencraft instead?

For Havencraft, should I be buying Darkness instead of Standard if I want the cool Amulets? Or should I just buy 'em with Vials?

Also I got Rose Queen and Fairy Princess who look like they could be a neat combo but on the other hand setting up that combo would be a major pain in the rear end.

Maha
Dec 29, 2006
sapere aude
After a few rerolls, opening 30 packs each time, I got this:

Legendaries - 2x Crystalia Tia (one animated), 2x Odin, Sun Oracle Pascale, Alexander, Gabriel, Joanne D'Arc
Golds - 2x Azazel, Demonic Simulacrum, Path to Purgatory, Ancient Alchemist, Alwida's Command, Leonidas, Spirit Cycle, Phantom Dragon, Rimewind, Genesis Dragon

Worth keeping?

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Jeeze, they're having a lot of problems with releasing the Steam version huh.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I managed to go 5-0 in my first Take Two (granted 1 was via disconnect) and I'm 1-0 so far on my second Take Two.

But I still lose to AI.

On the flip side, I decided to try out Havencraft cause I had Moon, found it a ton of fun, and then I pulled a second Moon, so I guess I'm going Havencraft instead?

For Havencraft, should I be buying Darkness instead of Standard if I want the cool Amulets? Or should I just buy 'em with Vials?

Also I got Rose Queen and Fairy Princess who look like they could be a neat combo but on the other hand setting up that combo would be a major pain in the rear end.

In general check out the deck you're aiming to build and see whether standard or darkness evolved has more gold/legendaries that you need. Since you already have 2 moon rabbits I suppose you can just buy darkness packs with gold and leave the standard pack to login bonuses/take two rewards

Maha posted:

After a few rerolls, opening 30 packs each time, I got this:

Legendaries - 2x Crystalia Tia (one animated), 2x Odin, Sun Oracle Pascale, Alexander, Gabriel, Joanne D'Arc
Golds - 2x Azazel, Demonic Simulacrum, Path to Purgatory, Ancient Alchemist, Alwida's Command, Leonidas, Spirit Cycle, Phantom Dragon, Rimewind, Genesis Dragon

Worth keeping?

That's fine unless you don't want to play forest

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

The apology tickets are here now and it's five (5) darkness packs. I think anyone rerolling now can reroll 35 packs, which, is really crazy

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Hmmm. Those 5 Darkness Evolved packs netted me a second copy of Enstatued Seraph.

Edit: How annoying would a stall deck be with this card in it?

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Oct 28, 2016

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Got one Enstatued Seraph out of my 5 free packs too, a third Azazel and my fifth Elf Girl Liza, this time animated. I'm sitting on them until the next nerf pass, just in case any of the Midrange Forest cards get nerfed.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Don't play dshift, it's such a miserable deck that makes me want to scream at the top of my lung. Four games in a row I couldn't even draw a dshift before the six turn. Then the next game I have three dshifts in my hand by turn two as the 1st player and the game was already over by the fourth turn.

But occasionally, I get rewarded for playing dshift, see: my last game where I draw three dhsifts by the third turn against an elana haven who already has two elanas on the board by the fourth turn. The next four turns he is spamming his 3 emotes at me every turn and then he concedes on the eighth turn before I managed to drop my third consecutive dshift on him

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Holy poo poo I barely won with a deck using the Fairy Princess + Rose Queen combo and it was unintentional.

My field kept getting wiped out because of the 1 damage to all followers Dragon spell and I had no followers left on the field, but I had exactly the right amount of Rose Thorns after playing Rose Queen that I was able to win the next turn.

I didn't even realize I had enough damage; I was thinking about quitting or using a Rose Thorn on a 3 HP follower to survive another turn but in the end I just gave up and decided to use them on the enemy leader as a final show of resistance, only to realize by the second Rose Thorn that I actually had enough damage.

I'm so goddamn lucky I didn't play any card cause I would have died if I hadn't won that turn.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Steam release is out :dance:

It won't connect :shrug:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
servers are dead :rip:

Minus1Minus1
Apr 26, 2004

Azula always lies
Thanks for mentioning the expansion backs! Nice to have that straightened out.

But...I just rerolled with the 35 packs or whatever and didn't get a single legendary. :argh:

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Minus1Minus1 posted:

But...I just rerolled with the 35 packs or whatever and didn't get a single legendary. :argh:

I got a few but nothing that I could make a deck with. I'm on that reroll life too, luckily the servers are back on mobile at least, haven't checked the steam version

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Steam servers are up and running.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Was rerolling and ended up with Aurelia, Bloody Mary, Moon Al-miraj, Sun Oracle, Crystalia and Dragonsong Flute. That's a good enough roll right?

Anyone tried transferring their mobile save to Steam? Do you get the six extra packs you are supposed to get? Can you change your nickname in the steam version too?

Edit: Linked my account from the Title Menu, button was right there at the top. Did get my six packs, have the name I want so not sure I want to test that one.

Det_no fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Oct 28, 2016

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

You can enable 60 fps in the settings.

It's like a whole new world.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
No idea what you guys are posting here about card names and rerolling, but I installed this and it looks pretty good.
Got 22 free packs and all kinds of cards were exploding in my face including Merlin, Lord of the Flies, Pluto, some dragon flute, Ancient Elf, Dark Angel Olivia, a mithril golem and Zirnitra which I can only assume are all trash for melting.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Only 22? You should have gotten ~40 (split among the base game and the first expansion) right now

Minus1Minus1
Apr 26, 2004

Azula always lies
2 Lord of Flies, Ancient Elf, Rose Queen(?), and Gabriel. I'm re rolling, right?

Also, is gold just for buying packs?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

No, you can buy customization options as well, and enter arena if you don't have a ticket.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Minus1Minus1 posted:

2 Lord of Flies, Ancient Elf, Rose Queen(?), and Gabriel. I'm re rolling, right?

You could keep that account but yeah you should reroll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

35 card packs for rerolling means the original recommendations of
-atleast six legendaries with atleast two top tiers of the class you want to play
-atleast five legendaries with atleast four top tiers
is extremely easy to achieve because it was originally wrote for 25 card packs to reroll with in mind but for the interest of getting people started I'm not going to change it. But really, you gotta get more than that with 35

• Locked thread