Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Anil Dasharez0ne posted:

Reroll yadda yadda:

Crystalia Tia
sun Oracle Pascale
Fairy Princess
Dark Angel Olivia
3x Odin
3x Lord of the Flies

I've been rerolling all day and I've never gotten more than five legendaries what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.

Zoness posted:

it's the pits for you, ruff~

tear to shreds, rrr

cerberus is so unfair in take two

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I feel like rerolling all day is a good way to make you hate this game before you even play it.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I never rerolled (and all I got was this stupid T-shirt)

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Clarste posted:

I feel like rerolling all day is a good way to make you hate this game before you even play it.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
sword, blood, and haven all have aa/master meta decks that don't contain a single legendary card

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

You can just macro it with leapdroid, I think someone talked about it in this thread or the previous one but really it shouldn't take long with 35 packs

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Sword, blood and haven is also coincidentally the name of my band

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
in fact, why does the op specifically call out haven as not having a budget deck? you can fit a 100% functional garuda haven deck in 7000 vials. that's more than most of the op budget decks, but not that much more, and unlike those it'll carry you all the way up the rankings if you decide you like garuda haven

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I mean yeah it's annoying but I've been using the time in between reinstalling the game to do other stuff. Plus, I realized I can use up my tickets for Take 2 since I'm gonna end up trashing the account anyways, so that's been fun. Runecraft seems hard to pull off in T2, but I am also super new so I'm guessing actually drafting any deck would be tough for me

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Reiterpallasch posted:

in fact, why does the op specifically call out haven as not having a budget deck? you can fit a 100% functional garuda haven deck in 7000 vials. that's more than most of the op budget decks, but not that much more, and unlike those it'll carry you all the way up the rankings if you decide you like garuda haven

probably old info. storm haven is really good and can use the same neutrals (read: gabriel) as midrange/aggro sword.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

my friend found this game and i found this thread. i don't really give a poo poo about rerolling any more but with my 43 card packs i think i did alright:

pascale is animated.

what should I do with my cards for a deck?

e: one of my friends opened a pack and got 8 animated cards in one go. :v:

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Oct 29, 2016

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Yeah I don't mind the rerolling too much
I just got Merlin, Crytalia Tia*2 Lord of flies, soul healer and sun oracle. This is trash right?

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

If it's two Tias then no, that's a good reroll

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Okay, got Tsubaki, Otohime, Alexander, Olivia, and Odin for a Swordcraft deck. Two enstatued seraphs, Soul Dealer, and Lord Atomy for use/liquidating. Officially calling it, this is as good a roll as I've seen all day

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

thoughts on:
Dragonsong flute x3
Fairy Princess
Odin x2
Dark Angel Olivia
Beast Dominator (animated)
Tsubaki
Alexander

Seems like a good start for swordmaster, with good fodder as well, but I would appreciate input.

Sarmhan fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Oct 30, 2016

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Ein Sexmonster posted:

thoughts on:
Dragonsong flute x3
Fairy Princess
Odin x2
Dark Angel Olivia
Beast Dominator (animated)
Tsubaki
Alexander

Seems like a good start for swordmaster, with good fodder as well, but I would appreciate input.

Funny enough, Odin and Olivia are the only two legendary cards used in one of the top Havencraft decks. Alex, Olivia, and Tsubaki will get you a solid start into all of the top-tier sword decks as you mentioned, I'd say you've got a solid roll. Keep in mind I've only started playing a few hours ago, but my own deck has Alex, Odin, and Tsubaki, and they really help out. I just finished the sword campaign and looked through the top sword decks, you (and me) are gonna need more legendaries but you're definitely at an advantage over most other players at your skill rank.

e:I'm actually looking forward to playing against other players on the steam version who don't know about rerolling

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Here's a code for an account I ended up not using:

FpZyXkZb7QAF4XvR

It has an animated Black Dragon Forte, Gabriel, Odin, Mythril Golem & Vampiric Fortress, Temptress Vampire, Garuda and some other stuff.

It's not THE best roll but eh.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Speaking of Mythril Golems, I ended up with 2 of them somehow. Are they any good?

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
i understand that people like to herd around the new hotness in decks, but i'm entering my eighth game against the same banner swordcraft list and i want to die

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
twist ending: that last one was actually a control swordcraft list and i got my rear end handed to me

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Reiterpallasch posted:

i understand that people like to herd around the new hotness in decks, but i'm entering my eighth game against the same banner swordcraft list and i want to die

was it this? https://shadowverse.gamepress.gg/deck/royal-banner-swordcraft

i was just looking at that and thought it might make a good early deck to shoot for.

newest reroll:
3x crystalia tia
1x dark angel olivia
1x lord of flies
1x odin

seems good?

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Yes

Yes

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

thank god. now to find a newbie friendly forest deck to shoot for with the tias

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

can I just take the banner deck and replace something in it with Saber (and maybe Lucifer) and be good to go? I posted my legendary pulls above but I really dunno what to do with my cards. This game is fun as gently caress, though!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yay got an otohime from my extra packs from linking with steam

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
Just starting out and rolled

sun oracle pascale 1x
lord of the flies 1x
mythril golem 1x
bloody mary 2x
arch summoner erasmus 1x

Is this worth keeping?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Reiterpallasch posted:

twist ending: that last one was actually a control swordcraft list and i got my rear end handed to me

Last night I played a Runecraft and thought Heh, I'll just not play any cards for a couple turns so they can't build up their dshift. :smug:

It was an Earth Rite/follower based Runecraft. :(

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Speaking of Earth Rite for some monumentally stupid reason I thought Runecraft was silly because you had to rely on like 3 followers to have Earth Sigils up.

Then I realized some of the Runecraft amulets WERE Earth Sigils as I got my rear end handed to me by a Runecraft deck in Take Two.

Bottom line is I sorta regret throwing away my save with Sun Oracle.

EDIT: Like, I was wondering why the dude played a Price of Magic when there was no target, and thought, sweet, that dude wasted a space and why is it an amulet in the first place?

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Obscil posted:

Just starting out and rolled

sun oracle pascale 1x
lord of the flies 1x
mythril golem 1x
bloody mary 2x
arch summoner erasmus 1x

Is this worth keeping?

I was going to write alot of words but I think it's better to say save the account and keep trying

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
I'd say that this list from a Japanese site is a more "canonical" banner sword list. The gamepress.gg list uses Maid Leader and Conscription, which imo indicates terminal confusion about what your game plan is supposed to be.

e:

Tsurupettan posted:

can I just take the banner deck and replace something in it with Saber (and maybe Lucifer) and be good to go? I posted my legendary pulls above but I really dunno what to do with my cards. This game is fun as gently caress, though!

don't, aurelia is 99% of the time going to be worse than advent blader as your 5-drop (the situations in which she's better you're already losing badly in, and she won't turn it around), and the game should be over long before lucifer is relevant; the beauty of banner swords is that it's a complete master-viable list for like 4k

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Wait so rerolling is an mobile thing only, I'm using the steam version so I'm basically stuck with what I got from the ~ 40 packs right?

This is all I got from them :effort:

If most other players are doing this poo poo it feels bad to start playing since I know they have an advantage on me

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
i don't advise super autistic ocd rerolling, but that's a pretty dreadful start--you should probably reroll on an android emulator and link the account with steam

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Reiterpallasch posted:

don't, aurelia is 99% of the time going to be worse than advent blader as your 5-drop (the situations in which she's better you're already losing badly in, and she won't turn it around), and the game should be over long before lucifer is relevant; the beauty of banner swords is that it's a complete master-viable list for like 4k

well, my start seems fine enough so I'll keep it and just play the game and learn and maybe at some point i'll know what to do with what i've got. banner is super cheap and i prob have a bunch of cards for it already anyway.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Reiterpallasch posted:

I'd say that this list from a Japanese site is a more "canonical" banner sword list. The gamepress.gg list uses Maid Leader and Conscription, which imo indicates terminal confusion about what your game plan is supposed to be.

The whole point of maid leader is to guarantee that you can draw the banner. The comments on that page are basically full of people criticizing how poorly thought out that deck is after using it

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Is it? The 1/1 2-drop early is an insane amount of tempo loss, and you're still running 3 floral as a plan-B for turn 4. Whenever I've played against people using the .gg list, I don't have any trouble grabbing board control away from them when they drop Maid Leader-Veteran Lancer on 2 and Fencer on 3 pretty much ends the game right there. But I play a fairly defensive sword list, so my experience might just be weird.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Remember, the decks on gamepress.gg are just a translation of the real site where deck lists get posted after they're analyzed, which is gamewith.

and of course a beefy ward at turn 3 would be better than banner but that is you responding to the meta around you. His deck is conceptually flawed, it's basically built to counter storm haven but it performs worse compared to regular banner against all other decks

Vanilla Mint Ice fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Oct 30, 2016

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Tsurupettan posted:

lucifer isn't very good in a sword list but saber is pretty solid, in the sense that she will single handedly win you games against aggro bats, which is otherwise an iffy matchup with aggressive sword lists.

milward
Nov 5, 2009

Soul dealer
Alexander
Pluto
Dark angel olivia
Lucifer
Zinitra
Enstatued seraph

Seems a bit spread out but 1S 2A and 4B seems OK?

milward fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Oct 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I love being new to a card game and coming across super weird cards. Managed to clinch out a tough Take Two game with 2 HP left, and on the last turn my opponent played Alexander. Why would you even need to attack that many times?!

• Locked thread