Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
All of a sudden the entire of low masters is holy lion decks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Rackam is working really well for me. Basically a cheaper Altaia

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Are there any even plausible rotation blood decks? I opened a bunch of blood stuff and I'm not gonna try and ladder with it but unranked exists

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Ive been doing fairly well. Blood got an incredible +8 healing swing with parish plus vira evolve. Add the card that gives us extra evolution points and you can play control until your end game of bandersnatch/spawn/purson. Spawn turn 8 into purson turn 9 is 17 dmg, 19 with an evolution point! Tenko shrine is a problem, i've been using the neutral 6 cost amulet destroyer but it costs way too much. I actually miss geryon...

Im going to explore darkfeast bat again later because we got a ton of strong new cards that work with that archetype

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

cheetah7071 posted:

Are there any even plausible rotation blood decks? I opened a bunch of blood stuff and I'm not gonna try and ladder with it but unranked exists

vengeance controlish decks where you draw as much as possible and use your midrange minions (wolf, tits & rear end butterfly lady, sabreur, Emeralda) to deal with their board until you can drop your finishers in turn 8 and 9.

Problem: There are three/four popular decks that will kill you dead if they reach turn 9. And blood main source of last-minute defense is a legendary that needs to be evolved and costs 2pp in a meta where everybody has a card that removes 2pp stuff.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I regularly hit the end game at at like 17 health which is just our of range for nore than a few kill combos. I think teching hp drain is the way to go. Won 8 of my last 10 games.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Jimmy Hats posted:

I regularly hit the end game at at like 17 health which is just our of range for nore than a few kill combos. I think teching hp drain is the way to go. Won 8 of my last 10 games.

Jimmy, no offense, but in every single expansion you somehow manage to win your games with completely off-meta decks. Maybe you're extremely good at the game but most people won't get those results.

Blood is just a turn too slow right now and it's the least played class for a reason.

e: Just so you know, I have won 100% of my games against Blood with my janky-rear end homebrewed lion haven deck (maybe because I run themis?). And I have only lost one with my not-so-janky homebrewed puppet one (The game gave me 3 cocos and 3 archer ladies, so it was telling me to do it).

trucutru fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jul 1, 2018

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

thats the galaxy brain. when your opponent has no clue what youre playing they cant play around anything

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Awesome! posted:

thats the galaxy brain. when your opponent has no clue what youre playing they cant play around anything

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Spellboost probably isn't actually good but it has the advantage that it will never ever lose to another bad deck (though it loses to every good non-dragon deck)

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

cheetah7071 posted:

Spellboost probably isn't actually good but it has the advantage that it will never ever lose to another bad deck (though it loses to every good non-dragon deck)

Yeah, I hate playing against that poo poo. The clock is real.

Right now people are switching to Lion Haven, more stormy midrange Swordcraft, more balanced 2TK Dragon decks (not only draw, draw, draw for *that* card decks), controlly Forest, and testing hybrid portal (I don't like it). Blood and Rune are more or less running the same stuff as day 1 and Shadow seems to be randomly throwing poo poo into their decks to see if something works.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jul 1, 2018

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jimmy Hats posted:

Ive been doing fairly well. Blood got an incredible +8 healing swing with parish plus vira evolve. Add the card that gives us extra evolution points and you can play control until your end game of bandersnatch/spawn/purson. Spawn turn 8 into purson turn 9 is 17 dmg, 19 with an evolution point! Tenko shrine is a problem, i've been using the neutral 6 cost amulet destroyer but it costs way too much. I actually miss geryon...

Im going to explore darkfeast bat again later because we got a ton of strong new cards that work with that archetype

Do you have a list?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Ill post it when i get home!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Here's the current iteration

I think I should add a 1-drop of some kind just so I have a way to trigger Purson's accelerate on t10 or later.

Waltz can probably go but he's done really well for me. Adds early pressure that I don't have otherwise, and on T6 if you play him + blood moon that moon will be around on T9 and you can roll it into something else. I've had a spawn come up off a moon, so there's always that!

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

How many Spawns and Pursons is that at the end there?

As for decks I've tried in Rotation:

- Tenko Shrine: This deck went from meme to good to disgusting in the span of a month. The version I run is minorly modified from before and still has Tenko herself in it, but she should probably just be the Hind instead since Aethers got ditched for De La Fille.
- Ferry/Arcus/Ephemera Shadow: Cool when you get to turn 10 but it feels like it's lacking ways to really survive until then while also developing the Arcus.
- Midrange and Control Forest featuring Korwa: A lot of fun. I've seen versions that also splash in Ipiria to be another enhanced Fil target besides the White Vanaras, too.
- JormFeast: The various builds I've tried don't feel good but maybe they will get better with refinement.
- Holy Lion: I haven't actually tried this yet but I run into it a lot and it seems good. It's also funny that the deck is made entirely of 1-3 cost cards in many cases.
- Pupper Sniper Portal: Maybe not amazing but it's fun. Hard mulligan for Silva and pray you get to enhance as early as possible.
- Reanimate Shadow: It's ok? I'm not super impressed with New Mordecai but this seems better than the Ferry/Arcus stuff right now.
- Arulumaya Mysteria SBG: Clunky but cool when you get to keep playing stuff out and refilling.
- Spellboost Rune: It's Spellboost.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Its 3 and 2. I seem to always draw a purson so I think it's fine as is.

E: Thinking about it, I guess I'd be in trouble if I drew them both. It hasn't come up yet!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

- Ferry/Arcus/Ephemera Shadow: Cool when you get to turn 10 but it feels like it's lacking ways to really survive until then while also developing the Arcus.

This deck is hilarious and what you want is plagued city to slow them down and insure a ward-less turn 10.

It may not be a strong deck in the end but completely loving over the other guy is worth it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yukoCu6dax4

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

- Pupper Sniper Portal: Maybe not amazing but it's fun. Hard mulligan for Silva and pray you get to enhance as early as possible.

This deck is good, still needs a lot of refining.

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

- Holy Lion: I haven't actually tried this yet but I run into it a lot and it seems good. It's also funny that the deck is made entirely of 1-3 cost cards in many cases.

Really strong but fair. It's great to have at least one budget deck that feels strong as gently caress.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

After trying out JormFeast some more, it sorta feels like the deck would be better off just ditching Jormungand and Nacht for better cards that aren't neutered by banish. The deck got plenty of cheap self-harm cards and more card draw off Alexandrite Demon so Darkfeast Bat can get pretty big all by itself.

trucutru posted:

This deck is hilarious and what you want is plagued city to slow them down and insure a ward-less turn 10.

It may not be a strong deck in the end but completely loving over the other guy is worth it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yukoCu6dax4

Yeah, the one I netdecked has 2 Plagued City in it. It feels ok in some matchups and terrible in others. The deck might need Proto Bahamuts I don't currently have since I've already spent like 70,000 vials just making decks for half the crafts.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jimmy Hats posted:

Here's the current iteration

I think I should add a 1-drop of some kind just so I have a way to trigger Purson's accelerate on t10 or later.

Waltz can probably go but he's done really well for me. Adds early pressure that I don't have otherwise, and on T6 if you play him + blood moon that moon will be around on T9 and you can roll it into something else. I've had a spawn come up off a moon, so there's always that!

oh that would cost me 30k vials

welp

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I always forget how expensive decks are because I just main rune and roll over 2/3 of my deck from expansion to expansion

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

cheetah7071 posted:

I always forget how expensive decks are because I just main rune and roll over 2/3 of my deck from expansion to expansion

Yeah, decks are ridiculously expensive nowadays. I usually get enough legendaries from a single class on the first day to be able to build a decent deck spending relatively few vials (exception: the time I got 4 unbodied witches), then I play one or two crafts with cheap decks like aggro forest or dirt rune, and -if there is some playstyle that seems really fun- I splurge into a final deck once the meta is set, specially if it seems like it'll be nerfed. I have crafted and gotten my money back with Alice, Spawn, Aria, Snow White, Eachtar (took a while) and other obviously mega-busted cards. This lets me save me enough to build any single deck if I really wanted to and, as a bonus, has me bouncing from class to class, although I have never really given blood a serious try. Favorite class is still forest. Roaches are the best waifus.

As for dailies it is not so bad as you can run cheap aggro decks in unlimited to clear them. Currently I have a 9 games win streak with aggro dragon in masters.

Also, I refuse to re-craft the whore of babylon, snow white, since she's rotating out soon. So my haven decks are always a little bit sub-optimal. It's kind of sad that Cygames doubled down with the cheapo legendaries that can be used in pretty much any deck with the accelerate stuff and more 2pp legends. Which reminds me that I might craft a couple of legendary fighters just to run them everywhere.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Jul 2, 2018

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Oh, yeah, I was sitting on like 70k vials and decided I wanted to gently caress around. I didn't really build anything last expansion

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Jabberwock still isn't the most consistent thing in the world but it's super scary now that dragon has two expensive storm threats it wants to run. I copied BluReboot's list and I've been having fun with it so far. I also like the tech choice of a single Proto Bahamut to be fetched by enhanced Lyria:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbX6n3iS_rQ

Blu also has a Purson Blood deck that's got some different things going on from your list, if you were curious, Jimmy Hats:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bouMcZP49aQ

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

PSA to everyone who hasn't done the granblue event for the sleeves and emblems yet. Do it soon since the deadline got cut for some reason to the 11th.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Someone in the general chat thread just got into this and wanted some starting advice.

First off, if you're reasonably convinced you'll be interested to play this long-term, consider rerolling. The easiest way to do this is on an android emulator with macros, because you can reset your account without having to redownload all the data every time. What you're looking for is a decent number of high-quality legendary cards from more recent sets (mostly just excluding Wonderland Dreams because it's rotating out soonish).

Do not reroll if you have a low tolerance for tedium or if you aren't reasonably convinced you might play long term. It just isn't worth it.

Past that, try to play the first 8-9 or so chapters of each hero's storyline (up until they enter the Nexus). This will give you a decent feel for which classes you like and dislike. If there's any classes you particularly dislike, one easy way to break into getting a good deck is to vial every single card of the classes you don't like.

Right now the cheapest good deck is Holy Lion Havencraft (list), which only plays one legendary card which isn't even very essential to the deck. Once you've gotten a feel for what deck you want to try to play, just work towards that--as a beginner, both ranked and unranked modes will be pretty soft, with unranked in particular having many people playing completely untuned decks (what I like to call the "dragoncraft cards I own" style decks). You can get a bunch of rewards by doing private matches (this discord is a great way to arrange private matches with strangers), by playing take two with the tickets you get from story mode, or by doing the harder chapters of story mode. Honestly, you basically can't go wrong just playing--the way rewards are structured, you get something for the first few times you do just about anything.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

If there's any classes you particularly dislike, one easy way to break into getting a good deck is to vial every single card of the classes you don't like.
I really wouldn't recommend this.
You'll eventually want to have some kind of deck for all the classes to complete your daily missions (even if it's just a cheap budget aggro deck where you just pray that the opponent doesn't get going before you kill them).
At least look up what cards are used in those decks and keep them, because crafting cards you've vialed before is super inefficient.

Also here are the easy sources of gold I can think of:
- 20 private matches
- Singleplayer storyline, as far as you can go. If you lose two times in a row, the game recommends using the prebuilt decks. If you say yes there, you can use that deck for free!
- Defeat the Elite and Elite 2 AI for each class
- Level all classes to level 140 (more longterm, but you can just use some macro recording thing and keep running the tutorial mission for each class overnight)

Doing all of this should get you enough gold to buy like 150 packs of cards, probably more. Or you could just play Take 2 (Arena) forever.
You always get a card pack for playing Take 2, even if you lose all rounds. If you win 2 of the 5 rounds it's almost breaking even with just buying packs, 3+ wins is like buying packs at a discount. Using Take 2 tickets is pure profit.

Tamba fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Aug 7, 2018

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
New expansion "Omen of the Ten" and its first legendary were announced. Looks like we'll finally have highlander decks.

https://shadowverse.com/sp/cardpack/omenoftheten/

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Also, the Spanish official site leaked a description of a new keyword "Materialization". As far as I understood, it works something like this: If conditions described on the card with "Materialization" are met, at the end of your turn, put that card into play (if there are multiple copies of the card, this effect only activates once). Both followers and amulets can have this keyword. Presumably the cards would have to be in your hand, but I'm not completely sure.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

BoldFace posted:

New expansion "Omen of the Ten" and its first legendary were announced. Looks like we'll finally have highlander decks.

https://shadowverse.com/sp/cardpack/omenoftheten/

Whats interesting is that you can run 3 of that guy, which means we fortunately won't ever see the hearthstone situation where you always just shove all the highlander synergy cards into the same deck.

I'll assume this is the only one for now tho.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Based on the theming of these people as putting you through trials, I expect most/all of them to be of the form "If you meet <hard-ish condition>, do <broken effect>"

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

No Wave posted:

Whats interesting is that you can run 3 of that guy, which means we fortunately won't ever see the hearthstone situation where you always just shove all the highlander synergy cards into the same deck.

I'll assume this is the only one for now tho.

This is the "Omen of One" after all. I assume each of them will have a different number-based gimmick.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

cheetah7071 posted:

Someone in the general chat thread just got into this and wanted some starting advice.

First off, if you're reasonably convinced you'll be interested to play this long-term, consider rerolling. The easiest way to do this is on an android emulator with macros, because you can reset your account without having to redownload all the data every time. What you're looking for is a decent number of high-quality legendary cards from more recent sets (mostly just excluding Wonderland Dreams because it's rotating out soonish).

Do not reroll if you have a low tolerance for tedium or if you aren't reasonably convinced you might play long term. It just isn't worth it.

Past that, try to play the first 8-9 or so chapters of each hero's storyline (up until they enter the Nexus). This will give you a decent feel for which classes you like and dislike. If there's any classes you particularly dislike, one easy way to break into getting a good deck is to vial every single card of the classes you don't like.

Right now the cheapest good deck is Holy Lion Havencraft (list), which only plays one legendary card which isn't even very essential to the deck. Once you've gotten a feel for what deck you want to try to play, just work towards that--as a beginner, both ranked and unranked modes will be pretty soft, with unranked in particular having many people playing completely untuned decks (what I like to call the "dragoncraft cards I own" style decks). You can get a bunch of rewards by doing private matches (this discord is a great way to arrange private matches with strangers), by playing take two with the tickets you get from story mode, or by doing the harder chapters of story mode. Honestly, you basically can't go wrong just playing--the way rewards are structured, you get something for the first few times you do just about anything.

Well seems like this thread is dying but I just picked this game back up and this was really helpful. Thanks! :)

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

vulturesrow posted:

Well seems like this thread is dying but I just picked this game back up and this was really helpful. Thanks! :)

Oh, it has been pretty dead for a while. The current expansion was complete rear end and it could be felt from day 1 as I helpfully mentioned a few months ago by saying that "it sucks balls".

In general, the approach the developers have take for the game has reduced counter-play enormously and game have devolved into a race to deploy your finishers that doesn't care much about what the opponent is doing. Hopefully the next expansion will do something for the game, but I am not too hopeful.

But it's good to hear you picked the game again, I hope you enjoy it.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

trucutru posted:

Oh, it has been pretty dead for a while. The current expansion was complete rear end and it could be felt from day 1 as I helpfully mentioned a few months ago by saying that "it sucks balls".

In general, the approach the developers have take for the game has reduced counter-play enormously and game have devolved into a race to deploy your finishers that doesn't care much about what the opponent is doing. Hopefully the next expansion will do something for the game, but I am not too hopeful.

What's your CCG of choice these days?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

vulturesrow posted:

I am actually extremely busy right now so I haven't been playing games lately. I do play SV and HS from time to time but for a couple of fights at most.

I'll play SV properly again with the next expansion, hopefully it'll be less BS.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
As long as some spellboost deck remains playable I'll come back each expansion. Wake me up for real though when daria gets a new card

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

vulturesrow posted:

eternal

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

trucutru posted:

Yeah I feel like thats been the going trend for awhile, basically whatever helps end the game asap stays. Whatever may provide some back and force ain't quite there.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Drakes posted:

Yeah I feel like thats been the going trend for awhile, basically whatever helps end the game asap stays. Whatever may provide some back and force ain't quite there.

They're is something funny when people look at super-crazy powerful cards and they're like "Welp, this would certainly win the game for me by itself but it's 10 mana so I'll be already dead" kind of stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

The game is having trouble because too many decks require you to have a heavy legendary investment. that kind of situation appeals to Dedicated players, ranked players, and the whales but it turns off the Casual players that these other players want to play against.

Personally I'm not going to drop 20,000 or more vials on a deck that will cover a single class and may not be viable a month from now.

I also have a problem with over tuned gold or silver cards that are practically a staple. it almost feels like they deliberately overtune certain cards to encourage people to buy more packs.

• Locked thread