Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
For take two what majority mana cost cards do I want to fill up on in general?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

InfinityComplex posted:

For take two what majority mana cost cards do I want to fill up on in general?

The peak of your curve should generally be 2 and to a lesser extent 1 and 3. It's also generally a bad idea to have a second peak past 5 for most classes, although it obviously depends on class and deck.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
loving christ there are some lucky people out there

I think I wouldn't complain getting olivia and some frontguards but here we have a guy who goes second with two back to back dragon warriors, and then a guy who goes second with back to back floral fencers :shepicide:

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I'm 10-0 on the ladder and something atrocious like 5-15 in Take Two. The Havencraft aggro deck is sweet, though your pinion birds are maybe not scrub-tier meta appropriate because you run into so many sword and forest fuckers who trade favorably with it. At least Moon al Miraj mops those guys up pretty well.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
for all my bitching about luck this time I came out ahead by having perfect topdecks against someone's haven deck to cinch out a 5-0 run with sword

otohime into alwida's command into assault commander off the top :toot:, against like 3-4 talismans and olivia

107 take two matches won, with 5 5-win runs so far.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Somehow all three of my missions today involved Havencraft, and even the default deck is sort of silly. Playing against fairy/blood/shadow where the enemy fills the board with 1/1 followers who can't take down your airdrop summons is glorious, have fun with those nine fairy cards in your hand nerd

The other thing I've noticed today is gently caress going first. I've never played a game where I was glad to have taken the first turn in exchange for getting a third evolution AND getting my evolution a turn early. Evolving as soon as you have the option when going second pretty much forces the opponent to evolve to take down your card while also sacrificing itself, and you can just repeat the strategy next turn to run them out of evos or if they don't respond, take away like half their health. It's even worse with Swordcraft where you can fourth-turn evo a rose fencer for two free units, I feel like going second and having a rose fencer in your hand is nearly a guaranteed win

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I think banner sword wants to go first, since you'd probably rather play turn 4 banner than turn 4 fencer.

Is fencer even in the list.

The turn 4 evolves are really strong in low budget but once you're playing olivia decks or decks that cost a good chunk of vials the card quality from evolution isn't that much of a leap any more. Playing around turn 4 is very valuable in take two though.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Nov 1, 2016

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

So how long until people stop letting me do this to them, and what are the key anti-aggro cards in each faction that I should be watching out for

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
angelic barrage, unicorn dancer unica

also there's stuff like foul tempest, revelation, aurelia, and pretty much anything in an elana's prayer deck

Zoness fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Nov 1, 2016

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Zoness posted:

I think banner sword wants to go first, since you'd probably rather play turn 4 banner than turn 4 fencer.

Is fencer even in the list.

The turn 4 evolves are really strong in low budget but once you're playing olivia decks or decks that cost a good chunk of vials the card quality from evolution isn't that much of a leap any more. Playing around turn 4 is very valuable in take two though.

I mean I'm playing this deck, but none of my games have even lasted long enough for either one of us to summon Olivia. Dropping in 15 damage worth of units in a single turn just seems like an awful lot. The deck strategy section corroborates exactly what my post said, actually, hold onto Fencer for a 4th turn evolve but don't get baited if the enemy evolves first and you don't have one
https://shadowverse.gamepress.gg/deck/mid-range-swordcraft

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

inthesto posted:

So how long until people stop letting me do this to them, and what are the key anti-aggro cards in each faction that I should be watching out for

aggressive sword decks will work at any point in the ladder, but you will probably start having more trouble as you go up just because the decks that can wreck you are fairly expensive

- elf decks in general will try to drop ancient elf, which can be either either a T3 4/5 ward or a T4 6/7 ward, at which point your early game does a looney tunes dive off a cliff
- defensive sword decks will use early veteran lancers and try to trade with your guys, trying to set you up for a midgame that involves you topdecking individual 1/2s and them playing otohime
- face dragon is exactly like you, except all their guys dominate yours in trades

all three of those decks are fairly-to-extremely disadvantageous to you

Reiterpallasch fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Nov 1, 2016

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I generated a link code on Steam and slammed it into my phone, but the mission isn't getting cleared and apparently I'm stuck with 2 out of 3 dailies until I can get rid of it. What am I doing wrong?

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
You need account link to clear it, which is linking your account to like facebook or google or whatever

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

God drat it. Thanks.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
AFAIK, you also can't account link on steam, because that button is replaced with the contact customer support button

You have to do it from your phone

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Okay, so I have 2 Sun Oracle Pascales, and 1 Dark Angel Olivia. Which puts me most of the way towards a Pascale Runecraft deck (this one), except I'm also missing 6 of the golds (Juno's Lab and Calamitous Curse). I have about 3500 vials saved up, if I liquify the animated cards I don't need. I already have all the silvers and below I need, if that even matters. Is it worth crafting anything to get closer to this deck, and if so what should I prioritize? I don't have any animated legendaries to toss, but I do have two Mythril Golems.

Edit: Also, what substitutions might be possible? Alchemical Lore instead of Calamitous Curse? Lucifer instead of another Olivia? Twins Guardians instead of Juno's Lab?

Clarste fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Nov 1, 2016

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

I wouldn't waste vials trying to build it. Either play it as is with what cards you got or hope you can draw them from packs while playing other decks. Remi and Rami is the most important card in the deck and is the only card that you should be using vials for if you don't have 3 of her.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I got three of those randomly. That plus my first Sun Oracle is the only reason I'm even thinking about it. It would be my first "actual" deck though, and I've already been kind of using it.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Desire sensor doing some loving work cause I just got Sun Oracle from my Daily Deal.

Also an Odin.

Also 2 Golds but it's Sun Oracle I'm really hyped about.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Oh wait, score rewards are monthly? This game is pretty generous. I mean, it's harder to get the higher end stuff, but you'll always be getting steady income.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
OK need some advice - these are the best I've managed to roll, any of them look good for a start? I'm having trouble deciding since the animated Forte (& Gabriel) looks really cool and Olivia is one of my favorites but the Tia/Elf/Aurelia etc. roll probably looks most promising...

1:

Ancient Elf x 1
Crystalia Tia x 1 (animated)
Tsubaki x 1
Zirnitra x 1
Dragonsong Flute x 1
Aurelia, Regal Saber x 1
Odin x 1

2:

Crystalia Tia x 1
Lord of the Flies x 1
Alexander x 1
Dark Dragoon Forte x 1 (animated)
Odin x 1

3:

Dragonsong Flute x 2
Dark Dragoon Forte x 1
Lord of the Flies x 1
Bloody Mary x 1
Gabriel x 1 (animated)
Dark Angel Olivia x 1

vvThat's what I thought :( Thanks for the advice

Yakiniku Teishoku fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Nov 1, 2016

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

The first one is definitely much better

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

I wish I had blood legendaries and golds; I play my blood deck to derank and for shits and giggles never mulligen-ing anything and just look how nasty this situation is

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Okay yeah, Swordface is officially hilarious. :allears:

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

God I love playing Take Two when one of the big hearthstone streamers is doing sponsored streams. Went 5-0 with a swordcraft deck that didn't even have any floral fencer and I was first draw in four of those games. Too bad they stream so late for me that i'm basically killing myself tos tay up :qq:

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010
I enjoyed hearthstone for a long while so I'm hoping I'll dig this. Can someone let me know if these are worth keeping? I feel yes but I honestly have no idea.

1 x Ancient Elf
1 x Crystal Tia
1 x Lord of the Flies
1 x Odin
1 x Lucifer
1 x Sun Oracle Pascal
2 x Dark Angel Olivia

I normally like control decks so I'm hoping these help me somehow?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Ok, lets try multiplayer, I am a level 0 noob so I guess I'll get matched against similar...

... 2 D-Shifts later (or whatever that bullshit is called) I get killed.

I bet that was some bad luck and I...

... Deck that dropped 5 legendaries (I bet it was actually pretty bad but come on, level 0)

So maybe....

... Hey it's D-Shift Merlin all over again, on a guy called "newbie"

Well, this match-making is surely working! At least in heartstone at level 25 I had a good chance of meeting other idiots.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I've been fighting mostly idiots in ranked. :shrug:

I mean, i lose like every 4th game at least, but I'm still fiddling with my decks so I think that's acceptable.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I've run into dshift like twice and I only lost because I had to catch the subway train.

I don't think ladder ranks reset, so bad luck with deranks I guess.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I haven't run into anything tough, won all my Ranked matches, which was a grand total of 4.

Thanks Havencraft and also my no Legendary Swordcraft deck.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Can I get a Take Two that just assumes I lose every game against Sword and skips them? Because I'm not going to just auto-concede even though it is objectively the best EV.

3 sword decks on the ropes. 3 Leonidas.

As my thanks for putting up with that uninvited salt, have a sick Soul Grinder:

http://i.imgur.com/iun2DrA.mp4

I love Soul Grinder for how insanely out of place he is in a game where way too many cards are drawn as cute anime girls -- including poo poo that has no reason to. Why's my spell that summons a bird and tiger get drawn with a girl? gently caress if I know. And then there's THIS goofy bastard kicking down the door ready to rock and a bunch of goddamned animes are just sitting there blinking at him and he TOTALLY must have taken a wrong turn at Albuquerque. His voice is echoing with the wails of the thrice-damned as he apologizes and excuses himself.

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Nov 1, 2016

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Is 20x darkness 10x regular the max tickets you can get while rerolling without spending an awful amount of time getting more?

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
My first 20 or so ranked matches were total stomps and I may as well have been playing against empty-handed opponents

Now I'm in D1 and decks are actually beating me, especially later at night when Japanese players crawl out of bed. Havencraft seems to have an especially easy time grinding down my hand with attrition. The most entertaining match was when Runecraft loving time walked me twice in a row to win while on 1 HP.

Terrene
May 1, 2009
New player checking in, is this worth keeping? It's my first roll so I haven't had a chance to try any of the crafts.

Ancient Elf
Crystalia Tia
Bloody Mary
Fafnir
Lord of the Flies

None of them animated.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Jehuti posted:

I enjoyed hearthstone for a long while so I'm hoping I'll dig this. Can someone let me know if these are worth keeping? I feel yes but I honestly have no idea.

1 x Ancient Elf
1 x Crystal Tia
1 x Lord of the Flies
1 x Odin
1 x Lucifer
1 x Sun Oracle Pascal
2 x Dark Angel Olivia

I normally like control decks so I'm hoping these help me somehow?

Yes

Terrene posted:

New player checking in, is this worth keeping? It's my first roll so I haven't had a chance to try any of the crafts.

Ancient Elf
Crystalia Tia
Bloody Mary
Fafnir
Lord of the Flies

None of them animated.

It's worth saving but I would try rerolling some more

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Can I get a Take Two that just assumes I lose every game against Sword and skips them? Because I'm not going to just auto-concede even though it is objectively the best EV.

What classes are you drafting?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Nehru the Damaja posted:

It was intensely satisfying bludgeoning a Sword deck with two Leonidi to death with Polyphonous Roar or whatever that Dragon 9-mana talisman is that shits out a 5/5 storm every turn. :v:

Well, and a copy of the dragonrider who blows up a talisman.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

GreyjoyBastard posted:

It was intensely satisfying bludgeoning a Sword deck with two Leonidi to death with Polyphonous Roar or whatever that Dragon 9-mana talisman is that shits out a 5/5 storm every turn. :v:

Well, and a copy of the dragonrider who blows up a talisman.

I beat a dragon player by having execute for polyphonous roar once :smuggo:

I don't think that card is very good to be honest, a lot of the time when you are making 9-drops you need them to do something immediate, its effect has inevitability but it's a bit slow to ramp up and then it's overkill.

That said it's still better than a dud rare like dragonewt scholar or deathmist dragon.

Leonidas has similar problems, but he also threatens to clock for 7 or 9 if you leave him alone, and if you still have an evolution point when you play him, you can immediately impact the board with him. His amulet is basically having infinite evolutions, but that he can't reliably immediately impact the board puts him still slightly worse than Olivia, imo (as far as 9-drops go, Olivia is probably the gold standard).

Zoness fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Nov 1, 2016

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Is Titania Forestcraft a thing? Fairy Suicide Squad is even more fun when you can make one hit for 3 each turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Are you able to link a steam account to mobile or is it only the other way? I want those free packs for doing it but don't want to wipe my data

• Locked thread